Rugby Council still denies 'new stadium' contact... (2 Viewers)

Astute

i care about CCFC and not wasps, but i dont agree they will "always" be a franchise team. I started watching Blaze recently and only just found out they were not based in Cov orignially. As time goes on, this is what will happen to Wasps fans. Coventry kids in 5 years could well be living in a city with a rugby club competing at the top of the tree and a football club in or around non league.

I will still support CCFC, but you cant blame the kids if they migrate over.

Kids no adults yes.

I watch a bit of rugger. But will never be a supporter of any of the clubs I go to see. And they are local clubs that have never moved. I can't understand how someone could suddenly start supporting a club that has been around for years and suddenly dumped on their doorstep.

Rusty Trombone

Didn't Rugby council originally responded to say they had spoken with the club?

Is releasing locations of old sites we didn't get an attempt to prove something is happening or an attempt at misdirection? If we're all talking about sites that by Fishers own admission aren't going to be the new location for the FisherBowl then we aren't talking about why nothing is happening with the allegedly imminent announcement of where it actually is, assuming it exists anywhere other than Fishers imagination.

Not aware of the response or otherwise of Rugby BC, but as some others have said, I think they have responded about 'formal' conversations, whereas I guess TF is including any conversation. Also as said by others the 3 sites were all going to be ruled out pretty quickly, so shouldn't have been too costly or time consuming getting to the end point. So in summary I'd go for misdirection.

Ashdown

Fair comment this. I wouldn't deny that I've been to more games at the rugby than the footy recently, but personally I'd never go to Wasps and I'd much rather people didn't. Regardless the footy club is in an awful state now, and I'm not surprised that you and others will look elsewhere.

However, I still think that there's a much larger supporter-base for the football in the city then there is for rugby, for either of the teams here now. If CCFC can somehow get to even a sniff of success, then we'll see that I'm sure.

I think we have the same patterns of choice this year. I've done 6 at the City and 10 CRFC matches now !

duffer

i care about CCFC and not wasps, but i dont agree they will "always" be a franchise team. I started watching Blaze recently and only just found out they were not based in Cov orignially. As time goes on, this is what will happen to Wasps fans. Coventry kids in 5 years could well be living in a city with a rugby club competing at the top of the tree and a football club in or around non league.

I will always CCFC, but you cant blame the kids if they migrate over.

Again, not an unfair comment, but I think that the fact that Wasps have largely displaced CCFC at the Ricoh, and that there's already a well established rugby side in Coventry means that Wasps will have to live with the franchise tag a good while longer. And so they should, imho, that's exactly what it is.

In fairness Blaze moved from Solihull rather than London, so perhaps not quite as bad in terms of relocating from their fanbase. But I wouldn't be happy if CRFC did the opposite, saying that.

Last edited:

tisza

i don't get the either you're ccfc or wasps. i don't see any evidence that Wasps are impacting (or will impact)on the football club crowds or fanbase. maybe some people will follow both as the home games will never clash. i haven't heard anyone say I'm giving up the football now the wasps are here.

chiefdave

Is my memory hazy or was it not supposed to be a 60 acre site?

Wasn't the plan a 60 acre site including the stadium, training complex (incuding academy) and whatever else was going on there such as retail. I guess the training complex might be ditched or seperate if big enough sites aren't available.

If we could have got hold of 50% of the Ricoh and built a decent relationship with Wasps maybe we could have looked into a joint training complex, sure there would be a decent amount of facilities that could be shared.

dongonzalos

Wasn't the plan a 60 acre site including the stadium, training complex (incuding academy) and whatever else was going on there such as retail. I guess the training complex might be ditched or seperate if big enough sites aren't available.

If we could have got hold of 50% of the Ricoh and built a decent relationship with Wasps maybe we could have looked into a joint training complex, sure there would be a decent amount of facilities that could be shared.

They without any shadow of a doubt is the most sensible option.

Because if we are looking at collectively 60 acres in whatever guise we are looking at 21 million. Just on land.

To me arranging something with wasps is the only way forward

dongonzalos

Mr Fisher said the club had options to buy two sites in the Coventry area. One, Brandon speedway stadium, has hit setbacks. Problems include complex ownership involving HMRC, and planning issues.

He said 60 acres was needed for training and academy facilities next to a £20million stadium which could begin at 12-15,000 capacity, and expand to 23,000, with planning permission potentially taking “18 months”.

LB87ccfc

Honestly some posters still hanging on to Fisher fishys facts about bullshit land need to get a grip, their is NO plans for a new stadium, none, ziltch, this is all their plan to keep the paying customer on board living in hope that one day, they announce plans and start to build, every day this goes by, SISU are laughing their balls off at us.

I look forward to the day they announce the finances in place for the stadium or whatever bollocks line they decide to use comes out and the talks of a stadium can be put to rest.

Their is not going to be one!

Mr T - Sukka!

New ground. Yes ok then. Its getting embarrasing now. What jokers!

Not many people buy into a new stadium when there is no evidence.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.

But you cannot fool all of the people all of the time!

cov soul

We need to get the football league to change criteria in particular the radius .KEEP COVENTRY CITY FC inside the CITY OF COVENTRY. Maybe something the sky blue trust can look into ?

chiefdave

We need to get the football league to change criteria in particular the radius .KEEP COVENTRY CITY FC inside the CITY OF COVENTRY. Maybe something the sky blue trust can look into ?

Realistically can they do that? There's other teams who play close to, but outside of, the place they take their name from. Couple that with the fact you have local councellors saying there are no available sites in the city boundary and I just can't see the FL making that call.

skybluetony176

One thing for sure. If this shoe was on AL's foot certain posters who are largely missing from this thread would have run it up to 52 pages by now.

skybluedan

Is this the fuckin exciting news with the stadium in the new year the oracle was on about?

Calista

If discussions have taken place which weren’t “formal”, Mr. Fisher must have gone down to the Planning department clutching a couple of maps with crayon on them, like a schoolboy doing a geography project.

skybluedan

If discussions have taken place which weren’t “formal”, Mr. Fisher must have gone down to the Planning department clutching a couple of maps with crayon on them, like a schoolboy doing a geography project.
yeah bet he went in there wax jacket and all looking proper smart

skybluebeduff

10923475_10153517279208765_4229526265685862691_n.jpg

AJB1983

If she's not an employee of CCFC then it makes you wonder why she's getting into bed with the likes of Fisher....

letsallsingtogether

Jesus, Fisher doesn't help himself, does he? He comes across as a right pompous fool. I'll believe it when I see it, but I have to admit I hope I do see it one day.

Well it will be all CCC, ACL and Wasps fault anyway that will make you smile;)

Gosford Green

The silence from some quarters on this thread is that loud we need earplugs.

Or have we now reached a stage where even the most pro SISU of posters think that a manned spaceship will land on Pluto before SISU build a stadium ''In the Coventry area''.

Nick

Administrator
The silence from some quarters on this thread is that loud we need earplugs.

Or have we now reached a stage where even the most pro SISU of posters think that a manned spaceship will land on Pluto before SISU build a stadium ''In the Coventry area''.

Can you point out the people who have actually believed it from day one? Maybe the people you call "pro SISU" probably made up their mind instantly it was bollocks and didn't rely on the telegraph or the trust before they could think about it?

Gosford Green

Can you point out the people who have actually believed it from day one? Maybe the people you call "pro SISU" probably made up their mind instantly it was bollocks and didn't rely on the telegraph or the trust before they could think about it?

It was quite easy to see SISU`s game plan a long time ago. Some bought into it, literally in some cases.

Previously you (Nick) have always wanted facts to prove any points of view, thanks to FOI there are some provided on the new stadium subject. Now you want facts to prove who the facts might be relevant to. You should go into politics.

sky blue john

Nick are you happy that Fisher sat in a room of Cov fans and blatantly lied about their efforts regarding a new stadium ?
The silence on this thread is deafening from those who like Sisu blame the council, acl and Wasps for all ccfc's woes !
If Fisher is happy to lie to fans on this issue, which has always been their answer for not purchasing a share in the Ricoh at every turn. Then what are Sisu's motives ?
All i can see is endless futile litigation whilst are club is being neglected !

Nick

Administrator
It was quite easy to see SISU`s game plan a long time ago. Some bought into it, literally in some cases.

Previously you (Nick) have always wanted facts to prove any points of view, thanks to FOI there are some provided on the new stadium subject. Now you want facts to prove who the facts might be relevant to. You should go into politics.

Yes and you will find I have been saying for months I think this stadium is bollocks, I thought that from day one. Will they build one in the future? Maybe, right now though it's bollocks.

So who has believed in it from day one?

The Lurker

Nick are you happy that Fisher sat in a room of Cov fans and blatantly lied about their efforts regarding a new stadium ?
The silence on this thread is deafening from those who like Sisu blame the council, acl and Wasps for all ccfc's woes !
If Fisher is happy to lie to fans on this issue, which has always been their answer for not purchasing a share in the Ricoh at every turn. Then what are Sisu's motives ?
All i can see is endless futile litigation whilst are club is being neglected !

Exactly but fans would rather waste their energy on council and wasps bashing. Both have no relevance to ccfc or our club. Sisu have killed this club but fans rather use the council as an excuse because of their left wing political bias

covhead1

yes and you will find i have been saying for months i think this stadium is bollocks, i thought that from day one. Will they build one in the future? Maybe, right now though it's bollocks.

So who has believed in it from day one?

rfc

Users who are viewing this thread