Match Thread Rotherham (1 Viewer)

lord_garrincha

Don't write Thompson off
He's well thought of at the club
It was unfortunate that he came on in possibly the worst possible circumstances against a guy who'd been torturing us all game & must have been so high on confidence he'd have made any defender look bad

What is the pecking order between him, Drysdale & Williams... and who is the most under threat? As 3 prospects in one position seems to be one too many.

Legia Sky Blue

Drysdale was ahead of them at the start of the season and as we gave him an extended contract before he went out on loan I suspect he is still ahead now. I think Williams was also ahead of Thompson at that point but he's had injury set backs so not sure if he still is. Also not sure when Williams & Thompson's contracts are up, as I'm not sure they would be renewed.

no_loyalty

Drysdale was ahead of them at the start of the season and as we gave him an extended contract before he went out on loan I suspect he is still ahead now. I think Williams was also ahead of Thompson at that point but he's had injury set backs so not sure if he still is. Also not sure when Williams & Thompson's contracts are up, as I'm not sure they would be renewed.

They are both contracted until June, we have a 1yr option on Thompson.

mark_ccfc

His first thought will be to not lose the game and I expect that’s how we will set up
I hope not, I think it will be an opportunity lost of he does. They will be tired so we need to play a pressing game.

Last edited:

Essexrobbie

I really don't get this away form issue. Sure if the stadiums were full and the crowd can always be the 12th man, but an empty stadium you should be able to focus and play the same as if you were anywhere.

Otis

I hope not, I think it will be an opportunity lost of he does. They will be tired so we need to play a pressing game.
Well yes, but they won't be that tired at the start of the game will they, it will be as the game wears on.

We also don't know what sort of side they will put out tomorrow and what changes there will be for Thursday, so it could well be our tactics and formation may change.

This was their side on Saturday

1Johansson
20Ihiekwe
6Wood
21MacDonald
22Olosunde - Giles 73'minutes
16Lindsay - Barlaser 81'minutes
5Wing
8Wiles
19Harding
24Smith
25Crooks

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Feel like it’s such a big game but equally, win others and will still be ok but nervous and a win will certainly relax the players going into those last few games.
They seem to have missed chances in recent games but no different to us and punished when they make mistakes, typical of two teams newly promoted to this level without the quality of the players.
It’s going to be a long week.

shmmeee

Can’t decide if a defeat or a win vs QPR is better for us. Win and it’s a real six pointer and they’ll be up for it, lose and it’s last chance saloon.

I think lose is better, but either way our lot will need to show they want it more. No excuses about opposition quality this time.

Ccfcisparks

Can’t decide if a defeat or a win vs QPR is better for us. Win and it’s a real six pointer and they’ll be up for it, lose and it’s last chance saloon.

I think lose is better, but either way our lot will need to show they want it more. No excuses about opposition quality this time.
A defeat, always a defeat. If they lose that and beat us they still have work to do, beat both and we are in more trouble.

cc84cov

Both sides will be cagey ive gone 0-0 or 1-1

O’Hare Godden & Walker should cause them plenty of problems

Sky Blue Harry H

hope i am wrong but can see Rotherham beating QPR, US AND BRUM,

Convinced that won't happen - particularly Birmingham, who will be sharpening their studs and polishing their tattoos in readiness for this. Will be surprised if Rotherham have eleven players capable of running the length of the pitch after that game.

Sky Blue Harry H

Both sides will be cagey ive gone 0-0 or 1-1

O’Hare Godden & Walker should cause them plenty of problems

Hope Godden is 100% for this, otherwise I'd replace him with Gyo, who seemed more up for the physical contact last game.

skybluesam66

even if we only get 1 point from the next 3 games, I still think we will be neck and neck with rotherham and huddersfield going into the last 3

so I would say that 1 of the games v Rotherham and Huddersfield is a must win - but not necessarily both of them

better days

(y)

Brighton Sky Blue

even if we only get 1 point from the next 3 games, I still think we will be neck and neck with rotherham and huddersfield going into the last 3

so I would say that 1 of the games v Rotherham and Huddersfield is a must win - but not necessarily both of them

You may as well roll 3 sets of dice to predict our points tally from the remaining games. The pressure of having to get the result will make Rotherham sink or swim

Mucca Mad Boys

Don’t get me wrong, Thursday could be a very uncomfortable 90 minutes. But Rotherham wouldn’t be where they are if they were a good team. After all, they lost 3-0 to Wycombe at home for a reason.

If we win, we go between 7-9 points clear of them (depending on their game in hand) with only 2 games in hand on us. They probably won’t be able to catch us up barring a huge turn around in form.

Hoping QPR do us a favour and batter Rotherham.

Last edited:

Marty

2-2. It's not a must win, more a must not lose kinda game. A win would get us over the line I think. They have Blues this weekend, and if they walk away with nothing from all 3 of their games this week, they won't be able to recover.

Liquid Gold

Have you taken advantage of pubs already?

We want Rotherham to lose whenever possible. The fewer points they pick up the better.

SBT

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say it’s better if Rotherham don’t win any more games.

cov donkey kick

It's about us this game how we start is key, hopefully we start with a high press and get into them andd be like it first to last whistle as it could be last chance saloon for city.Robins is normally good at winning big games so go for it mark and get some points.pusb

Sky Blue Harry H

Don’t get me wrong, Thursday could be a very uncomfortable 90 minutes. But Rotherham wouldn’t be where they are if they were a good team. After all, they lost 3-0 to Wycombe at home for a reason.

If we win, we go between 7-10 points clear of them (depending on their game in hand) with only 2 games in hand on us. They probably won’t be able to catch us up barring a huge turn around in form.

Hoping QPR do us a favour and batter Rotherham.

Agree - except it would be 6-9pts (not 7-10)

Sky Blue Harry H

It's about us this game how we start is key, hopefully we start with a high press and get into them andd be like it first to last whistle as it could be last chance saloon for city.Robins is normally good at winning big games so go for it mark and get some points.pusb

Rotherham play long ball from the back, which means that the game is likely to be a lot of back and forth. First goal may be key, and a QPR result of any sort would be huge for us going into the game.

Magwitch1

I thought he looked okay when I have seen him. I always thought the was quite quick though, so was a bit shocked when he was left for dead on Saturday.
[/QUOUTE]
Thompson is quite quick trouble was Danjuma is feckin rapid.

It’sabatch87

I think he’ll go there not to lose whatever the result of their game v QPR.
It’s his way, Another Notts County away live on sky would be nice was that a Thursday too? ⚽️PUSB!!

Users who are viewing this thread