Match Thread Rotherham (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Evo1883

And let's not forget , if we win Thursday we will be 18th with Derby, Huddersfield and blues below us

lord_garrincha

If Rotherham lose on Saturday I’d expect one up front and 5 at the back
It will be a five... But which five?

Pask will be out for 7 days.

A fully functional Hyam does not inspire confidence on the left... Let alone one coming back from illness.

Thompson would not get a game for any L2 team.

It won't happen, and probably a good thing I am not manager, but I would like to see McCallum play as a LCB... His aerial ability is fantastic and playing in a 3 negates his inexperience... The problem is you have to play the renegade DaCosta as LWB.

It's probably a given that it will be Eccles Osti Fadz Hyam Sam... and I will just feign surprise when the same mistakes are made in match.

Evo1883

Screenshot_20210411-100957_FlashScore UK.jpg

After this coming week Rotherham have this left

If they don't pick up the points this week you'd imagine they are gone

AFCCOVENTRY

A fully functional Hyam does not inspire confidence on the left... Let alone one coming back from illness.

It won't happen, and probably a good thing I am not manager, but I would like to see McCallum play as a LCB... His aerial ability is fantastic and playing in a 3 negates his inexperience... The problem is you have to play the renegade DaCosta as LWB.

It's probably a given that it will be Eccles Osti Fadz Hyam Sam... and I will just feign surprise when the same mistakes are made in match.

Not a chance Robins will play Eccles and Thompson in defence. Will be a disaster. Funnily enough Dacosta has played CB before. That would be a laugh...

Remember Hamer is an option at RWB.

SBAndy

Is Reid fit yet? Sure he had a game or two for the u23s. Would be brave to Chuck him straight into a game like that but certainly an option.

Grendel

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Got to approach the game with the aim of winning, not going out not to lose. Quick tempo for the first 20 minutes to really test them with their schedule. Depending on how things go do the same last 20-25 with fresh legs from the bench.

Got a feeling this will be one of those games MR approaches in a more negative mindset though. Could be difficult as at the moment I've no idea who might be available to play in defence. Back four may be inevitable just due to injuries.

lord_garrincha

I just see a frustrating 2-1 defeat... Concede the 1st goal and then equalise in the 2nd half... With the 'Only one team can win from here' soundbite ringing in everyone's ears... Chances fall to O'Hare, not taken and then, lo & behold.

I do hope I'm totally wrong!

Brighton Sky Blue

I just see a frustrating 2-1 defeat... Concede the 1st goal and then equalise in the 2nd half... With the 'Only one team can win from here' soundbite ringing in everyone's ears... Chances fall to O'Hare, not taken and then, lo & behold.

I do hope I'm totally wrong!

Based on the rate at which we’re conceding we’ll probably be a goal down before kick off

bawtryneal

It is other than we are the 11th best team in the league at home and the worst away

But what is the real reason ....
because we set up differently away from home, that's is my point.
Just tell the players we are playing at home and set up the team accordingly.
What difference does it make if you are home or away this season.

Otis

State of the pitch for one.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well no we were playing the same shape and often selection. The difference based on how the games seem to go is psychological. When our players are up for it they can match most sides in this league, when they’re hesitant or half asleep we see them conceding after a minute and unable to get out of their half.

They’re probably less likely to feel that way at ‘home’

better days

Don't write Thompson off
He's well thought of at the club
It was unfortunate that he came on in possibly the worst possible circumstances against a guy who'd been torturing us all game & must have been so high on confidence he'd have made any defender look bad

Otis

I thought he looked okay when I have seen him. I always thought the was quite quick though, so was a bit shocked when he was left for dead on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread