Hamer 8
Eccles 7
Allen 7
Palmer 6
Gyokeres 8

TomS91

Scrappy but good win.

McNally or McFadzean MOTM again.

Thought Gus was poor first half but came into his own second half.

Grendel

Everyone a 7 or 8. Apart from Allen, who gets a 1 only because he was lucky to score and is the worst player in the history of football

And he’s a thick dwarf who can’t talk

steve101

Wilson 7
Norton-Cuffy 6
McNally 8 motm
McFadzean 7.5
Doyle 6
Bidwell 7
Eccles 7
Hamer 7
Allen 7
Palmer 6
Gyokeres 7.5

The Philosopher

Wilson 8

How do you score a keeper that didn’t have to do much? Clean sheet away, a win, couple of regulation saves, knocked a kid’s tooth out, decent distribution, bit of winding up the home fans with time-wasting…. got to be an 8, right?

McNally 8

Solid. Clean sheet, a couple of decent runs forward, linked well, assured, confident. 8

Fadz 9 MOTM

Not sure if this is the closest stadium to where he was brought up or if it’s Bramall Lane….wonder if he got the coach with the lads or nipped up the road…..these are the musings that I had when in the taxi there. Nonsense aside, what a performance. Marshalled the defence to another clean sheet, his positioning and reading of the game was excellent, had a foot race with someone about 15 years younger and won. Top performance, absolute backbone of the team. Get him frozen and thaw him out next time out. 9.

Doyle 7

So much better with Fadz next to him. It’s noticeable that when he gets the ball, often he looks at Fadz, who then points to where to put the ball, which he duly does. That’s how things should be, young talent learning from old heads. This is good, Man City will have a better player returned to them and maybe next season they’ll send us some more. Anyway. Decent.

Not-on Comms 5

Can’t fault his physicality, he’s a good athlete. Showed some skill and drive. Early booking meant he had to be careful (why keep him on Robins?; a Rotherham break and the only way to stop is a theoretical shirt tug? could he do it? No.). He’s still not on the same wavelength as everyone else. Didn’t run for winnable through balls, bizarrely had an attacking throw in overturned through being a bit dim, seemed to stand in exactly the same position as McNally on occasion and left his mark open. He’ll probably improve but at the moment….

Bidwell 6

Just alright. Half a yard off it but an assist and clean sheet win. Seen him play better but on the the whole Bidwell did, well, ok.

Eccles 6

Young, local, inexperienced. We won so the rose tints go on but he made a few bad calls. He’ll get better.

Gus 7

Most talented and capable midfielder on the pitch and his quality shows. Not a vintage performance by his standards and he went from a 6 to 7 with his last minute burst.

Palmer 6

Not on it today. Was marked well and not given much time on the ball. Ok overall.

Allen ? 6? 7?

He scored which means some fans will hear no wrong, but apart from that no great shakes. Chased and shadowed well. Lost the run chases more often than not. Lost the ball with poor control. Some poor pass selection. 6 overall but I guess plus one for scoring?

Gyok 8

Not his best performance but his average performance is better than the best of many. Missed a couple. Scored 1. Created plenty of opportunities, fluffed bits. Would have been a 7 but then goal. Already a legend.

Subs—-

Godden 6

Kelly 6

Last edited:

Blind-Faith

Yeah he was solid, there's definitely a good player in there. I think that 4 year contract is looking wiser by the game, despite what the naysayers said at the time.
Totally agree, just remember what Ben Sheaf was like 2/3 years ago when he was Eccles age, and look how good he is now. Eccles shows glimpses of real quality like Sheaf did , I think he’s going to turn out to be a very very good player for us 👌

Hobo

Just a mention for Eccles - I think Robins will have been delighted with his performance today, very good with and without the ball.

Some of our fans will be scratching their heads "good... without the ball???"

torchomatic

First half was a bit rubbish. Bloke behind me constantly moaning about Jamie Allen, did my head in. The bloke in the mustard coloured bobble hat in the away stand kept me amused, especially after he was chucked out and loads of their fans were fucking moaning about it for the rest of the match.

Brilliant seeing Wilson run the length of the pitch to celebrate with the players after Vik scored.

skyblu3sk

Yeah he was solid, there's definitely a good player in there. I think that 4 year contract is looking wiser by the game, despite what the naysayers said at the time.
Never really saw why people were against the Eccles contract. He's definitely raw and I'm not sure I see a prem player in him but very easy to see him in a mid to top of the championship player if he continues to progress.

stupot07

Wilson 7
McNally 7
Fadz 7
Doyle 6
BNC 6
Bidwell 7
Eccles 8 MOTM
Hamer 7
Allen 7
Palmer 5
Viktor 7

Subs
Godden 5
Kelly n/a

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I guess so but not everyone with a poor record will carry on to have one. In a similar vein not everyone with an excellent record will. I personally trust the judgement of the medical team over my own.
Indeed, and I hope he can remain injury free both for his and our sakes. He could be a very useful player over that contract.

But it doesn't change the fact that up to now he has regularly suffered injuries and it's not unfair to say offering someone with that record a long term deal is a risk that some would have mitigated by reducing the length of the contract or at least putting a safety mechanism in there that an extra year is triggered if he plays a certain amount of games etc.

Users who are viewing this thread