Rotherham Away New Years Day (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Working on the day! Come on City! F??? O?? SISU!

letsallsingtogether

Can't understand why they do that on new years day? some folks don't know if they are able to go until the day.

No wonder they lose money.

Funny how all our away games seem to be all ticket? yet we give ours away to anyone at any time?
Definitely all ticket match, sales stop 2pm Tuesday

pusbccfc

Don't get how we take 2800 to sixfields, yet only 1500 to a new ground for Sky Blues fans to visit?

theferret

Can't understand why they do that on new years day? some folks don't know if they are able to go until the day.

No wonder they lose money.

Funny how all our away games seem to be all ticket? yet we give ours away to anyone at any time?

Every time a game is said to be 'all ticket' in the past couple of seasons you have been able to pay on the day - the only exception was the last game at Swindon (but that had a lot to do with the police I think). Pretty sure you will be able to get in, Rotherham fan I spoke to said they always say it is all ticket until 24 hours before the game.

letsallsingtogether

I have my ticket as I have the luxury of a wife who knows that xmas period is my main away day period and get my tickets right away but others don;t have that luck.
So if you hear it's all ticket you just don't go.

Every time a game is said to be 'all ticket' in the past couple of seasons you have been able to pay on the day - the only exception was the last game at Swindon (but that had a lot to do with the police I think). Pretty sure you will be able to get in, Rotherham fan I spoke to said they always say it is all ticket until 24 hours before the game.

theferret

I have my ticket as I have the luxury of a wife who knows that xmas period is my main away day period and get my tickets right away but others don;t have that luck.
So if you hear it's all ticket you just don't go.

That's true for most I am sure (why risk it).

Got my tickets, but my brother doesn't know if he can go until late on Tuesday. I have emailed Rotherham to ask them to clarify if tickets can be bought on the day. If I get a response I will post it here.

pusbccfc

Roll call for this one. Rotherham will be almost sold out. Let's get some good numbers up there.

Last edited:

theferret

Roll call for this one. Rotherham will be almost sold out. Let's get some good numbers up there.

Actually been told we've only sold 850 tickets so it will be 1000 at most, with up to 3500 going to Barnsley - a crap away trip we've made a million times before. Don't get it.

RoboCCFC90

Actually been told we've only sold 850 tickets so it will be 1000 at most, with up to 3500 going to Barnsley - a crap away trip we've made a million times before. Don't get it.

There is usually a Tweet on @WMPCovFc regarding how many we are taking a few days before, but nothing so far.. So having the benefits of Twitter I have Tweeted them but they're probably busy eating doughnuts or worse not even working..

theferret

There is usually a Tweet on @WMPCovFc regarding how many we are taking a few days before, but nothing so far.. So having the benefits of Twitter I have Tweeted them but they're probably busy eating doughnuts or worse not even working..

That was Dave Mapp wasn't it? Now he no longer covers CCFC I suspect that twitter account won't be updated anymore, could be wrong though.

RoboCCFC90

That was Dave Mapp wasn't it? Now he no longer covers CCFC I suspect that twitter account won't be updated anymore, could be wrong though.

Coventry City@Coventry_City@RoboCCFC90 Hi Nick. We have sold approximately 900 tickets. #pusb

In truth that's a piss poor effort I hope the number rises..

Last edited:

theferret

I don't think I've ever been this disappointed with a City away following. We got so much good press and positive coverage when we were taking big away followings (the fact we were taking more away than at home was very significant), but all that appears to have gone. Average at best turn out at Swindon, crap effort at Rotherham and our usual poor effort at Preston coming up.

thaiskyblue

I don't think I've ever been this disappointed with a City away following. We got so much good press and positive coverage when we were taking big away followings (the fact we were taking more away than at home was very significant), but all that appears to have gone. Average at best turn out at Swindon, crap effort at Rotherham and our usual poor effort at Preston coming up.
times are tough, i'd rather spend my hard earned cash on a proper new year jolly up and crawl into bed about 6am. If it was at "HOME ", would have gone, fair play to those that are ,but football now aint cheap.

theferret

times are tough, i'd rather spend my hard earned cash on a proper new year jolly up and crawl into bed about 6am. If it was at "HOME ", would have gone, fair play to those that are ,but football now aint cheap.

Perhaps I'm just getting old. Do people still go out on New Year's Eve in a big way?

Just had this game down for a nailed-on big following. We take 3500 to Vale but only 1000 to Rotherham? Ah well, I'm sure we'll still make a racket.

RoboCCFC90

Perhaps I'm just getting old. Do people still go out on New Year's Eve in a big way?

Just had this game down for a nailed-on big following. We take 3500 to Vale but only 1000 to Rotherham? Ah well, I'm sure we'll still make a racket.

You leave that to me it's guaranteed.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Just got our tickets for Rotherham and Barnsley... sadly there wasn't a long queue- I resisted the obligatory "how many have we sold?" question to the ticket office lady- fearful of the AKA Peter Kay "Been busy?, what time you on 'til?" taxi driver typecast.:D

LB87ccfc

Should hit 1200 for Rotherham... might sound low, but there are plenty of clubs who will take less this season there.

theferret

Should hit 1200 for Rotherham... might sound low, but there are plenty of clubs who will take less this season there.

No doubt, I think the vast majority will take less than that. Just disappointing for us all things considered.

Hear Rotherham is good for getting a drink, plenty of pubs close by. Looking forward to it.

LB87ccfc

No doubt, I think the vast majority will take less than that. Just disappointing for us all things considered.

Hear Rotherham is good for getting a drink, plenty of pubs close by. Looking forward to it.

Yes 3 weatherspoons in the town center aswell as other establishments, so plenty to go too and all within walking distance of train station / ground.
Should be a good day, in regards to followings, I remember the other January, cold tuesday night 600 city up at Blackpool and we still made more noise than them! :)

Users who are viewing this thread