Rose, Mcfazdean, Hyam (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

So love the way we work the ball around the back 5 for a reason and as soon as one of the back 3 have space in front they step out with the ball

It’s so refreshing

Irish Sky Blue

When it works it is great. I am not saying that we change but there are times that we seem to get bogged down and can’t seem to work the ball out. I felt that this was the case at Oxford where we were frequently losing the ball. On the other hand, there are times where the system works in a magical way such as at the start of the second half against Blackpool. There were two or three instances in that period where we moved the ball about and the opposition could not get near us. On these occasions we moved from back to front, playing the ball on the floor in a really free flowing way. Lovely to watch. I think that if Walsh can continue the form he was in for the last seventy minutes on Saturday, he could be the link that moves the ball accurately and quickly from defence to attack.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

More than happy with it 95% of the time. But if teams learn we do it all the time it invites the high press so you also have to know when to hit the more direct pass buttin when necessary. Keep them guessing. Fadz does do that long diagonal though so it can be mixed up.

CCFC72

More than happy with it 95% of the time. But if teams learn we do it all the time it invites the high press so you also have to know when to hit the more direct pass buttin when necessary. Keep them guessing. Fadz does do that long diagonal though so it can be mixed up.
Think it was his ball that set up Goddens goal.

harvey098

That’s kind of the point though is that you want them to press higher up so there is space in behind. It’s risk / reward stuff but whilst the pitches are good it is higher reward than risk.

Users who are viewing this thread