Rooney (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Is it just me or was Rooney poor tonight? It seems that when ever we have him on the pitch we attempt to play through him? He is not that good! He's no Iniester is he? he was clean through and had no pace and not enough guile.
We were a little lucky tonight in the end. Rooney missed a sitter, back healed and gave the ball away, was unable on many occasions to hold the ball, gave it away cheaply placing us under immediate pressure, passing was either short or too long and I could go on. He scored a simple tap in. I just feel we have been better when Welbeck and Carrol were relied on. When walcott came on we still tried to play down the left. It was crying out for Carrol and Walcot much earlier to capitalise on Ukraine's terrible airial abilities at the back. Rooney could not reach the crosses that came his way.

Now is that just me or did any of you see it that way?

skybluereeve

Give him a break,scored didn't he? He was half decent and still could of scored 2.he will be much better next game. However welbeck did nothing carrol for me next game

Tad

We all know what he can do, he just needs to keep his cool. Something I think he may struggle with against teams that like to dive a lot..not naming any them of course *cough* Italy *cough* Portugal * cough* Spain *cough*. :)

Last edited:

Otis

As has been said here and was said on tv last night, the bloke is just rusty. He needs game time and as the match wore on he improved.

Roy Keane was right when he said England need Wayne Rooney in the side if they want to progress further. He scored and should have had at least 2 more.

Sky Blue Jack

He just looked like he missed a bit of match fitness thats all. When he's back to full form there aren't many in the world that can touch him.

LastGarrison

Hadn't he only played something like 30 minutes football in the last month? Of course he's not going to be at his very best!

He still is, for me, by far our best player and as well as Welbeck and Carroll (to a lesser extent) have done he is the first name on the team sheet for me.

My only complaint with Rooney is he paid 30k for a ginger side parting.

wingy

Incredible did they say that was his first competative goal goal for England in six years .

kg82

No, first goal at a tournament.

Yeah, he was rusty. Nothing to go over the top about.

By the, Gerrard has been sensational. Absolute class so far.

Tad

Been a few good players so far. Joe Harts played great too.

wingy

Been a few good players so far. Joe Harts played great too.

That one that moved away from him last night great save and Lescott clearing .He 's the sort of goallie that could help us go all the way!!!!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

He was shite vs Ukraine but still a quality player, I do think the England players are guilty of always looking to Rooney for inspiration or waiting for him to do something when he plays.

LastGarrison

Incredible did they say that was his first competative goal goal for England in six years .

I was in the Stade de Luz that night. Great game, great night.

Got a quality picture of Rooney through on goal, the keepers dived one way and the ball has gone the other and is just about to hit the net.

Can't believe that was 8 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread