Ronnie Rees (1 Viewer)

cloughie

Well I must admit I assume he has no family.
#

Typical assume and judge , that's your sad character.

Make others look bad, obviously must make you feel better about yourself

Last edited:

Irish Sky Blue

Just watched that wow memories No wonder I am still a fan, not madness after all, just hoping for those type of times again. ( top flight quality football)

The thing that struck me apart from Ronnie Rees being a superb player was the pace of the game and how good the players still seem compared to nowadays.

Great crowd scenes too. Must be a near 30k crowd with no segregation. You can pick up the strains of the Sky Blue Song on occasions. Some of the chants seem really innocent ("In the net" as Machin takes a corner)

Grendel

#

Typical assume and judge , that's your sad character.

Make others look bad, obviously must make you feel better about yourself

Oddly I was replying to a strong post by RSB - a post you clearly have not acted on with such zeal.

As ever immature, emotional and irrational.

Wheelfass

Would have been nice to have sent him a copy of this thread to show him how much he was appreciated here as a player. Doesn't really seem appropriate now as parts of it has turned into a bit of a spat. Shame :(

rupert_bear

Would have been nice to have sent him a copy of this thread to show him how much he was appreciated here as a player. Doesn't really seem appropriate now as parts of it has turned into a bit of a spat. Shame :(
It would be, but leave those crass comments from the Reverend and Grendel out

Voice_of_Reason

Well remember Ronnie Rees -- brilliant player. Might we not send him some Sky Blues momentoes ? A scarf ? A lapel babge ? Old Programmes ? Plus anything else....

Wheelfass

Well remember Ronnie Rees -- brilliant player. Might we not send him some Sky Blues momentoes ? A scarf ? A lapel babge ? Old Programmes ? Plus anything else....
I'm on it (see earlier post). Besides the programmes from the 60's I have a HR mug for him and a scarfe.

cloughie

Oddly I was replying to a strong post by RSB - a post you clearly have not acted on with such zeal.

As ever immature, emotional and irrational.

Oddley enough fit's you perfect. yet no emotion from me regards your post, just truth, face facts you sad and lonely person]

Also noticed you could not even give a like to the opening post ..........miserable twat

Last edited:

phildownunder

Haven`t been reading on forum for past few days so missed this, but thought I`d have my two penn`orth (with apologies to anyone who has already posted similar things).

Ronnie Rees was an essential part of City`s rise from Div 3 to the 1st division. The rise in class of the opposition in that time made no difference to him. He went past defenders with ease at whatever level he played in.

As well as his other attributes JH had that essential thing luck at times, and he was never luckier than when Ronnie came to the club. As I understand he had written to the club asking for a trial which if true, is the kind of luck most managers could only dream of, having someone as good as that just appear from nowhere.

Hill had signed a winger, Bobby Laverick who had flopped badly, so JH tried Ronnie who was only 18 and rather slight in build (just like a certain present day player). He never looked back and for the next 6 years or so was practically an ever present in the team, only missing a handful of games despite the close "attention" of many defenders. He scored some handy goals too in that time, as well as the countless ones he laid on for others. He was also able to switch wings and be just as effective. When Humphries was unavailable Ronnie would play on the right and reserve John Mitten who was very left footed would come in on the left.

It is tragic for anyone to be struck down in this way at only 51, but it seems even more poignant for someone who was such a great athlete in his day.

Voice_of_Reason

I have just written to him, remembering the 3rd goal he scored against Wolves when we got promoted as Champions to the then First Division in front of 54,000 plus at Highfield Road.

Wheelfass

I have just written to him, remembering the 3rd goal he scored against Wolves when we got promoted as Champions to the then First Division in front of 54,000 plus at Highfield Road.
Well done for writing to him, my letter and parcel to follow soon.
I was at "the Wolves game" too. Many people still make that game a reference to when we got promoted or when we became champions. The fact is that both Coventry and Wolves were already promoted by the time kick off for that game came around and we didn't get the champions title until the last game of the season when we beat Millwall 3-1 at HR and Wolves lost to Crystal Palace. Im sorry for pointing it out but it was such a great day with the record gate at Highfield Rd (officially 51,455 but possible more) that so many people over time believe it was the day of promotion or of our champions status. Anyway it was a great occasion for anyone like you or myself to have witnessed.
PUSB.

Users who are viewing this thread