Ronnie Rees Birthday (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Great player. JH finding him in our reserves was a massive stroke of luck. He just fitted in to Hill’s way of playing and terrorised full backs in the third, second and first division.

Paxman II

I was a kid but remember him well. Tricky winger who always beat his man. I remember his raised flaying arms arms as he attacked the opposition full back ready to go inside or outside him. Super player.

Ccfcfollower

Wonderful player, I remember him running from our 18yard box to the opponents box beating so many on the way before scoring. Might have been against Huddersfield (could be wrong). It was shown on tv to.

CDK

Rees and Humphreys to great players from j h days happy birthday ronnie

Grendel

Pretty sad story really isn’t it

1940oldfive

It's his birthday today spent many years in "Hengoed Court Care home " since a stroke at the age of 51 any City fans who remember him might like to wish him all the best.Great Servant of our club
if my memory serves me right he was being played has a inside left before JH moved him out to the wing and has they say the rest is history.Best of luck to him and thanks for some great memories.

slowpoke

if my memory serves me right he was being played has a inside left before JH moved him out to the wing and has they say the rest is history.Best of luck to him and thanks for some great memories.
Don’t think he was in the first team at all Hill with the £30k gift from chairman Derrick Robbins signed his five forwards Humphries, Barr, Bly, Whitehouse and left winger Bobby Laverick, plus full back John Sillett, but Laverick was poor and soon dropped and in came this kid Ronnie Rees who was only about 18.

Users who are viewing this thread