ROD or Jeffers for Derby? (1 Viewer)

Oddly I agree. Cody is the biggest waste.of space I've seen here. Also if he doesn't start training it will be a helluva big space.

Blame the guy who scouted him....oh shit we can't he's immune from any criticism.

I think RODs stats speak for themselves. 42 Goals in 7 years and only 146 games. Only 11 goals since 2007.

42 goals is nearly one in three, which isn't too bad, the same as Juke infact. It's the lack of games that bothers me. Approx 320 possible appearances he has made less than 50%.

To all of those that keep banging on about our youth and homegrown players, where do you think ROD started as a youth............

Last edited:
Nice to see we're writing off the 19 year old already. Smacks a bit of the Gary Madine to me. I remember Coventry fans saying he was a complete joke of a player when we had him on loan from Carlisle. I thought we should have taken a punt on a permanent transfer. He was also 19 at the time. He scored 0 goals in 9 sub appearances with us, now this season he netted 11 goals for Sheffield Wednesday in 16 games before getting injured and was linked with moves to better teams.

If we hadn't have written off the youngster we could have had him playing for us, I wonder if Mr.Jeffers will be banging them in in League 1 in a couple of seasons time after being written off by our fans.

Jeffers has played for Cheltenham and scored once in 19 appearances or something. He's shite. Lets face it.

A lot of those goals (the majority) were in the Irish league...which based on his subsequent performances at Sunderland and CCFC show that level for what it is.

Roy O'Donovan is not a Championship striker...end of.

stupot07

Jeffers has played for Cheltenham and scored once in 19 appearances or something. He's shite. Lets face it.

3 starts and 16 sub appearance coming on around 80-85mins. Not saying he's the answer for now, but let's not write him off now.

CJparker

Almost unbelievably, it's even more depressing than that.!!

The stats are:
Platt - 2
Cody - 1
ROD - 1 (League Cup v Bury consolation goal, against a team just promoted from League 2)
Jeffers - 0

McShffrey does have 3 but realistically we cant't expect him to play up front for more than the odd game, so our non-Juek strikeforce has contributed 4 goals this season, onlyu 3 of which were in the league. 3 goals in 25 league games - that's less than one for every 8 games! and just one third of Juke's own personal total!

If he goes, we have had it.

shmmeee

The stats are:
Platt - 2
Cody - 1
ROD - 1 (League Cup v Bury consolation goal, against a team just promoted from League 2)
Jeffers - 0

McShffrey does have 3 but realistically we cant't expect him to play up front for more than the odd game, so our non-Juek strikeforce has contributed 4 goals this season, onlyu 3 of which were in the league. 3 goals in 25 league games - that's less than one for every 8 games! and just one third of Juke's own personal total!

League stats are:

Juke - 9 in 25 starts (1 every 0.36 games)
Platt - 2 in 7 starts (0.29)
Cody - 1 in 8 (0.125)
Sheffers - 2 in 16 (0.125) *though most games not up front
ROD - 0 in 6 (0.00)
Jeffers - 0 in 0

CJparker

I may get shot down for saying this, but does anyone else think of Thierry Henry when they see ROD play?? (takes cover)

Nonleagueherewecome

The stats are:
Platt - 2
Cody - 1
Jeffers - 0

Nah, McSheffrey blatantly is a striker! If we've learnt anything in the past 4 games, it's that we'll get 3 times more out of McSheffrey playing up front at this stage of his career than we will in a deeper role. It's his natural position, he's being dying to play there for years, and he wasn't working in the hole as he didn't have the engine (or the space created by King) any more. We just need to keep getting him into areas where he can do damage, like the last 4 games. The bloke well and truly has his shooting boots on, and his finishing is as good as it's ever been and I believe he is a "natural goalscorer"; just look at his career numbers when up front! If anyone can get us out of this mess, it's Sheff up front.

shmmeee

Nah, McSheffrey blatantly is a striker! If we've learnt anything in the past 4 games, it's that we'll get 3 times more out of McSheffrey playing up front at this stage of his career than we will in a deeper role. It's his natural position, he's being dying to play there for years, and he wasn't working in the hole as he didn't have the engine (or the space created by King) any more. We just need to keep getting him into areas where he can do damage, like the last 4 games. The bloke well and truly has his shooting boots on, and his finishing is as good as it's ever been and I believe he is a "natural goalscorer"; just look at his career numbers when up front! If anyone can get us out of this mess, it's Sheff up front.

To be fair, his career numbers when up front are pretty poor. His best spells have been out wide, and when taking pens. That was when he had pace though.

Nonleagueherewecome

Ah but I remember having a huge disagreement with you about him and his S.R. ages ago shmmeee, and I know you hated him and Doyler, so I won't go through all that again! All I'll say is-I disagree :)

stupot07

No sheffers averaged about 1 in 2 starts when played up front as opposed to about 1 in 3 starts out wide in his first spell.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread