ROD brought on instead of Macdonald? (1 Viewer)

CJparker

I know it's been mentioned in other Tranmere threads, but didn't get enough attention IMO - with our best striker on the bench, why bring on ROD ahead of Cody when we needed a goal?

For my money, ROD is one of the quickest players that we have, but he doesn't do much else - always get the feeling that Cody can pop up with a goal...I have heard conspiracy theories that if he plays/scores again then we'll owe Norwich a pay-out, but surely it has to be fitness related??

pusbccfc

It's to do with the bonuses

dont really see the problem, both shit. we are desperate for a striker, hopefully the new manager can use the loan market or league 2 could become a reality

pusbccfc

I can't see that. Not unless he's not agreed a new contract with new terms? But then I thought those players would be nowhere near the first team if they failed to agree terms?

Well there was that debacle before the start of the season about only a certain number of players on bonuses being played!

CovLis86

If it's down to bonuses, then why would he even be on the bench. Plus, what are we going to do, just not play him for the rest of the season to save the payment? Don't be so ridiculous. That's a lot of wage going out for nothing

PVA

I can only assume it was just a gamble from Shaw. Maybe he just had a hunch. McDonald is clearly the better player, anyone can see that - Shaw especially.

He probably just thought Cody not in great form, lets chuck Roy on and see what happens. I don't agree with it but maybe it was worth a shot.

This bonus stuff is utter nonsense and I wish people would stop talking about it.

RichieGunns

I mean OD hasn't played properly for awhile and with Copy not hitting his form, perhaps it's a try donny out and if he screws up then we'll put cody on next time...

I know that's similar to what someone else just said but it's the only thing I can really see as the problem.

cloughie

I can only assume it was just a gamble from Shaw. Maybe he just had a hunch. McDonald is clearly the better player, anyone can see that - Shaw especially.

He probably just thought Cody not in great form, lets chuck Roy on and see what happens. I don't agree with it but maybe it was worth a shot.

This bonus stuff is utter nonsense and I wish people would stop talking about it.

I am sorry to say you are wrong on this as I have it from the horses mouth a player that is included in this that certain players are payed bonus to start and 50% to start at half time

stupot07

I am sorry to say you are wrong on this as I have it from the horses mouth a player that is included in this that certain players are payed bonus to start and 50% to start at half time

We know that, the new bonus structure has been hotly debated, what PVA means and what the OP eludes to is not the players contracted bonus's but whether there is a payment due to Norwich as part of the Cody transfer fee. (I think?)

cloughie

We know that, the new bonus structure has been hotly debated, what PVA means and what the OP eludes to is not the players contracted bonus's but whether there is a payment due to Norwich as part of the Cody transfer fee. (I think?)

yes accept what you say about transfer payments but I am being told that its also down to keeping certain players down to a minimum

which begs the question who picks the team the ' manager' or the board

Sick Boy

yes accept what you say about transfer payments but I am being told that its also down to keeping certain players down to a minimum

which begs the question who picks the team the ' manager' or the board

The conspiracies just keep getting better and better.

It is like the mass hysteria that ensued whenever Westwood waved to the fans.

georgehudson

the new bonus structure has not been hotly debated,
certainly not in the media anyway, because we don't know of it's structure,
yet again our controllers feed us as much information as they think fit.
further,
as announced on 13/9/12 Igwe has/had, left the building, but when ?
as announced on 13/9/12 JS is now hands on, since when ?

cloughie

The conspiracies just keep getting better and better.

It is like the mass hysteria that ensued whenever Westwood waved to the fans.

can't you just accept that either the person is lying to me or that it is true, I am not speculating or making it up its fact

CovLis86

True or not, this would make zero difference to bringing on Cody instead of Roy in say, the the 60th minute.

Sick Boy

can't you just accept that either the person is lying to me or that it is true, I am not speculating or making it up its fact

I don't doubt this is what you have been told, some posters have posted what they have been told on here and been called liars by other posters.

Which players aren't being played this season due to the restructuring of the bonuses?

If it is true that the board are picking the team, then I am sure we will soon find out when the new manager threatens to quit almost immediately.

Grendel

the new bonus structure has not been hotly debated,
certainly not in the media anyway, because we don't know of it's structure,
yet again our controllers feed us as much information as they think fit.
further,
as announced on 13/9/12 Igwe has/had, left the building, but when ?
as announced on 13/9/12 JS is now hands on, since when ?

Probably since the 13/9

SkyBlue_Bear83

If they don't intend on using him then why not put Ball on the bench ahead of him?

Grendel

I don't doubt this is what you have been told, some posters have posted what they have been told on here and been called liars by other posters.

Which players aren't being played this season due to the restructuring of the bonuses?

If it is true that the board are picking the team, then I am sure we will soon find out when the new manager threatens to quit almost immediately.

Or when Thorn is re-appointed as he would be the only idiot that would say yes to such conditions.

Would have made a great interview.

Fisher: What do you think of the squad
Candidate: It's pretty good - let me make a couple of squad additions and I will get us promoted
Fisher: You do know I tell you who can play don't you?
Candidate: Do you? Oh OK no problem.

Grendel

Form? ROD? In what parallel universe can he evidence any form superior to a potted plant?

You could of course argue the same for McDonald. Both of similar ages and if you only concentrate on goals above League Two both have appaling goal per game ratios.

O'Donovan is probably fitter.

Nonleagueherewecome

Shaw trying to get mates-y with Mrs O'Donovan? She's threatened to really twist the knife on twitter if he didn't get a chance on Saturday. Doubt it will make any difference. As the song goes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uILkhhMwg48

Users who are viewing this thread