Rochdale (H) match thread (2 Viewers)

stupot07

Yep! We people please stop saying it is a blip!! It is not a blip!

A 16 game/ third of the season is not a blip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

What's happened to Vincelot? I thought he was a tough tackling midfielder? Shocking today

Yeah, he was awful today. He probably needs a rest. You've also got the issue that he and fleck (and others) are guaranteed starters, they have no competition for their places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

fernandopartridge

Yeah, he was awful today.

He was terrible on Tuesday night yet still gets back in the side. I don't see how he's any better than Connor Thomas.

George Thomas has been scoring for the reserves, why doesn't he get a chance?

stevefloyd

Problem seems to be as someone has already said TM is stubborn, I remember Hoddle, I think but not sure, saying he will stick to his passing style no matter what but clearly TM has to change or at least be prepared to change when things are clearly not working, I cannot understand the 1 up front mentality especially with a kid in his 1st season playing regularly and expecting too much from him when the chips are down, he needs a strike partner to take the pressure off him 100% ESPECIALLY at home.....we can all see it so why can't he?

SlowerThanPlatt

Mowbray is going down the Pressley route very quickly.

First half of the season great attacking football but problems at the back

Key player gets a move away

Falls out with some of the players

Terrible form leading to mid table

Gets sacked

Mcbean

am I the only one to think the ref had a stinker ? - holding on to players just not punished at all - its not a full contact sport !

Armstrong's goal was onside

stupot07

He was terrible on Tuesday night yet still gets back in the side. I don't see how he's any better than Connor Thomas.

I agree. He looked lively in the few appearances he has made this season.

SlowerThanPlatt

Thomas should be around the same 18, just like Ben Stevenson should. Unfortunately players on the last legs are keeping these 2 young lads out

sw88

Chief Commentator!
When i visited the CCFC training ground recently I seen a painting / picture on the wall as you entered the Lodge. It read 'Play for the badge on the front of the shirt, and not the name on the back of it'. If I seen it on one visit, the players must see it every day. So why aren't they following this motto? Too many in the last three games (minimum) appear to be playing for themselves and not the team and certainly not the fans. After such a positive start to the season, it looks like we may have to accept another season of League One football is ahead of us! I haven't given up hope of better times ahead, but the players are doing very little to prove to us fans that they want promotion as much as we do! #CCFC #PUSB

SlowerThanPlatt

Cargill left the ground with a cask on his leg so I doubt he'll be playing Tuesday.

Surely Ricketts can't start again, Aaron Martin is still recovering I think, so we could see the return of Peter Ramage.

letsallsingtogether

Cargill left the ground with a cask on his leg so I doubt he'll be playing Tuesday.

Surely Ricketts can't start again, Aaron Martin is still recovering I think, so we could see the return of Peter Ramage.
Was there Beer in the cask

SkyBlue_Bear83

He'd still be in the box on his own. The problem is our midfield sits so deep. To convey the ball from our defensive 3rd means the attacking 3 get pulled back to the half way line, leaving the striker completely isolated. It's Mowbray's system that's failing. He doesn't seem to know any other way.

Even if it is only him that's still one more than most of the time today.

dongonzalos

It's amazing after this run we still very much in the mix.
Let's hope to God at some point we can take advantage
CCFC Verses Bradford
Wembley

SkyBlue_Bear83

Agreed on G Thomas, should surely be getting a chance ahead of Fortune and Tudgay. Would also add in even probably Sambou should be getting minutes ahead of Fortune.

Mowbray seems to have become obsessed with having more experience in the side since December and its backfired and made the team worse.

SlowerThanPlatt

After every game it's 'we'll show our dissapointment/anger on Tuesday/Saturday' before playing exactly the same as the game before.

stupot07

Nick

Administrator

That would make sense, he wasn't on the bench today so probably means starter.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would rathr Cargill played with the cast on his leg than see Ramage again.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Mertin must surely be ahead of him? Unless he wants to give Lorenzen more of a run out and Ricketts return to CB

SlowerThanPlatt

Did anyone else notice Stephen Hunt was named on the bench but didn't actually come out today before the game or at half time? Maybe another player with a personality clash with Mowbray? Especially as you'd say him and O'Brien are both loud characters.

The player who was warming up in place of him was a player I've never seen before. He had blonde hair and I think a beard. At first I thought it was Andy Rose or George Thomas but it definitely wasn't. It also wasn't an U18 or U21 player. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the player have to be registered to the club to be warming up and sitting on the bench? So, who is he?

CJ_covblaze

What another dustcart full of rubbish that was. Two teams playing crap in a dull, boring, uninspiring, dreadful game. Wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple of thousand people still in their seats asleep.

Did anyone on the pitch deserve a 6/10? Can't really think of anyone in our side that I would give a 5 to bar RCC, Stokes and maybe Cole.

Nick

Administrator
Did anyone else notice Stephen Hunt was named on the bench but didn't actually come out today before the game or at half time? Maybe another player with a personality clash with Mowbray? Especially as you'd say him and O'Brien are both loud characters.

The player who was warming up in place of him was a player I've never seen before. He had blonde hair and I think a beard. At first I thought it was Andy Rose or George Thomas but it definitely wasn't. It also wasn't an U18 or U21 player. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the player have to be registered to the club to be warming up and sitting on the bench? So, who is he?

Was just starting a thread on him.

stupot07

He did, he's had a haircut. It was hunt, He's got shortish blonde hair now.

letsallsingtogether

He did, he's had a haircut. It was hunt, He's got shortish blonde hair now.

Maybe he's faster now he has lost that weight

robbiethemole

again only one team in the top 6 wins,Milwall, while the others draw or lose, us and Walsall. this really is a crazy end to the season, but still points to play for.

Users who are viewing this thread