Rochdale fans view (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Paxman II

They were not the better side. We won!
What happened was a strange game where we were poor in the midfield area which they dominated for large parts of the game but ultimately did not use that possession to any real effect. We looked dangerous when we attacked and ended scoring two goals and hitting the post. The dominance they enjoyed for large parts of the game were offset by our ability to cope with it. Not happy with that mind as on another day we may have conceded. But fortunately for us Dale were toothless in the final third.
A win breathes confidence and I expect our general play will improve next game.
We are in a false position and all those draws will make a difference when we add a few more wins. Long long way to go and I believe a top 6 finish should be achievable.

Otis

They were not the better side. We won!
What happened was a strange game where we were poor in the midfield area which they dominated for large parts of the game but ultimately did not use that possession to any real effect. We looked dangerous when we attacked and ended scoring two goals and hitting the post. The dominance they enjoyed for large parts of the game were offset by our ability to cope with it. Not happy with that mind as on another day we may have conceded. But fortunately for us Dale were toothless in the final third.
A win breathes confidence and I expect our general play will improve next game.
We are in a false position and all those draws will make a difference when we add a few more wins. Long long way to go and I believe a top 6 finish should be achievable.
I still think we need more physicality. It's something Mowbray very much alluded to and he was bang on.

Paxman II

I swear you make wild and crazy claims, just so one day the law of averages allows a smug look when the exception proves the rule.

Ha no I make judgments on what I see. We obviously see things differently and I always keep my glass half full.
I saw this team at Fleetwood several weeks ago. A similar game we just played at home, this time the role reversed where Fleetwood were outplayed by us in so many areas yet we lost to them. Rochdale reminded me of the exact same scenario. Games are won and lost by making chances and taking them. Fleetwood did that on the day and we did it yesterday. You can play poorly and win because you have an innate ability to remain in the game. 14 games in we have lost games by small margins (except Charlton) and drawn a fair few. Once confidence builds draws will become wins and clean sheets become a habit. We were so close to getting it right before TM left and I see us improving from here in what looks like a poorer league than last season.
Never been a one to be smug Norman ;)

Users who are viewing this thread