Rochdale away?? (1 Viewer)

Andy69

Has anybody heard when these tickets are going on sale,I believe that the away side holds over 1000 but they can open up the whole side if needed,I presume you will have to get a ticket as how can they judge on what to open?

Travs

there's a thread on the real CCFC board (gmk) stating that it is likely to be pay on the gate only

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Easy from Whitefield Greater Manchester for me. Im 100% for this one!

Will be great but have to say going to Manchester United , Manchester City, Everton and Liverpool is what we should be doing rather than "Dale"

I'd imagine we'll get the whole side or pretty much most of it.
Train from Burnley via Hebden Bridge. I work in Rochdale and they still talk about the FA Cup game so it's got added importance for me.

The 2003 game, I was born in 74. I saw people in the ground that I hadn't seen at a match in a long time, there was a real party atmosphere. But within 10 minutes it was clear the team didn't really fancy it and were there to be rolled over. That was (yet another) low point.

Astute

Think I have managed to get the day off for this one. One of my local games as it is only a couple of hours away.

Unsure whether to go with my AFC supporting mate on the train for a good day out or let my little boy go to his first away league game. Taking my boy would mean no pubs :(

fernandopartridge

I'd imagine we'll get the whole side or pretty much most of it.
Train from Burnley via Hebden Bridge. I work in Rochdale and they still talk about the FA Cup game so it's got added importance for me.
I don't work with any 'dale fans anymore thank christ. One bloke used to refer not only to 2003 but 1971 when City lost there in the cup. This was after Noel Cantwell had said 'Where's Rochdale?' on hearing the draw.

SkyBlueScottie

Think I have managed to get the day off for this one. One of my local games as it is only a couple of hours away.

Unsure whether to go with my AFC supporting mate on the train for a good day out or let my little boy go to his first away league game. Taking my boy would mean no pubs :(

Or find child friendly ones...

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I don't work with any 'dale fans anymore thank christ. One bloke used to refer not only to 2003 but 1971 when City lost there in the cup. This was after Noel Cantwell had said 'Where's Rochdale?' on hearing the draw.

Yes I have very bad memories as an 8 year of this.

David Cross scored for them and went on to play for us.

I had someone who knew my mum send me ( a devastated 8 year old) a copy of the Rochdale newspaper with a full report of the game.

This game means a lot to me! We must win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Easy trip across from Whitefield (Greater Manc) to Rochadale.

As for Noel Cantwell saying "where's Rochdale?" must have been an unfortunate pre Fergie/Jose "mind games" trick that went horribly wrong since he used to play for Manchester United.

Last edited:
Surprised no one has mentioned the League Cup match -Oct 91 Lost 1-0 Clive Baker in goal (who?) His only appearance. Late headed winner. Was a 2nd leg tie We won the 1st leg 4-0 Poor game. Also went to the 2003 FA Cup tie and remember the 1971 game though wasn't yet a big fan. Didn't start going regularly till 74-75 when in early teens. Hopefully we can return this time with 3 points tho they have been scoring a few goals last couple of matches.

mark82

Think I may go to this. Not far for me. I'm just outside Barnsley. Need to research how to get there so can have a beer.

skyblue1991

Heard there's a school nearby for parking as well as street parking near the ground?

Going to get there for about 2pm so hopefully that's not too late!

Astute

Heard there's a school nearby for parking as well as street parking near the ground?

Going to get there for about 2pm so hopefully that's not too late!

This looks very interesting. http://www.ratcliffebars.co.uk/

Official drinking place next to the ground. Looks like they have two bars. One holds 500 and the other 100. Right next to the ground.........with a very large free car park. They welcome both home and away fans. Perfect place to dump your car before you do the local pubs or get a sneaky beer or few before the game. And no long walk to get to your car after the game.

2014/15 MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES

Where the club offers a concessionary price, the club reserves the right to request proof of age and it is the responsibility of the person claiming the concessionary price to provide the required proof, if adequate proof is not provided when requested the full admission price will be charged. Photographic ID, which contains the Date of Birth (example: Passport – Driving License) is required for all Young Persons, whether the ticket is purchased from the ticket office or at the turnstile.

The majority of matches at Spotland Stadium are a mixture of ticket and cash admissions. Separate turnstiles apply to Adults and Concessions but the club recognises that some adults may wish to have their children go through the same turnstile, to accommodate this club requests that the adult purchases a ticket for their child from the ticket office.

Please note: It is cash only at the turnstiles. Cash and card can be accepted at the Ticket Office.

Main Stand
Adults - £20
Seniors (65+) - £14
Young Person (21 and under) - £14
Junior (16 and under) - £5
Child (7 and under) - £5

Pearl Street Stand (We have a family area in this stand)

Adults - £18
Seniors (65+) - £12
Young Person (21 and under) - £12
Child (7 and under) - £5

Sandy Lane Terrace
Adults - £15
Seniors (65+) - £10
Young Person (21 and under) - £10
Child (7 and under) - £5

Willbutts Lane Stand (Away Supporters)
Adults - £20
Seniors (65+) - £14
Young Person (21 and under) - £14
Child (7 and under) - £5

- Wheelchair Users are charged the concession price with the carer being free of charge.
- Ambulant Disabled are charged the appropriate rate for their ticket however, should they need a full time carer to accompany them, the carer is admitted free of charge. Proof of carer status or higher band of disability is required.

- Under 7s can watch the match for FREE but only with a Dale Season Ticket - matchday prices are £5. Full information regarding this can be found HERE.

The Rochdale AFC Ticket office is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday Friday. It is also open on a Saturday home match day from 9am.

Opening Times
Monday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday: 9am – 5pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Friday: 9am– 5pm
Saturday (home match day): 9am-3pm
Saturday (away day): CLOSED
Sunday: CLOSED

The Ticket Office can be contacted by calling 0844 826 1907 (option 8).

Read more at http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/index.aspx#rBA4HPRwjtusBK5Q.99

Astute

nice close one for me cant wait :claping hands:

As long as it is a better result than when we went to that game together :D

At least our opponents are of a slightly lower quality ;) Get you a beer if I see you there.

Astute

Just spoke to my AFC supporting mate. He is going to the Everton game on Sunday with his Palace supporting son. I now have to work out if I am taking my youngest lad or going by myself. I know it may sound a bit sad but I have never been to a game by myself before. Usually go to Coventry and get coach with lads. But in work Sunday morning 5am so can't have weekend away. Expensive game as turned down 2 days OT to go. Don't want it ruining by a 4 year old now :D

Also have the little matter of letting the wife know I am going. Is her birthday today and she will want to go out next Saturday as I have worked this weekend. Isn't it a shame :)

Nantwich Skyblues

As long as it is a better result than when we went to that game together :D

At least our opponents are of a slightly lower quality ;) Get you a beer if I see you there.

Ha, yes but Arsenal was a fun day out... hopefully catch up with you in that pub you suggested.... pusb

Users who are viewing this thread