Robins (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

He does belong here, elite mentality manager. Pair him with the right players Bigi, Lamerias, Jones, Reid, and Beavon.

Just missing the natural goalscorer (20+ goals potentially Ponticelli) and a decent defensive line (maybe bring back Reda).

We all make mistakes, cannot let them define us, hope he gets us promoted at the first attempt next season, and maybe even back to back promotions to the Championship never know with team cohesion and fans behind the team. Optimism not pessimism. Fan unity needed.
Reda?..?
well there's 2 wins next season.; )

singers_pore

There was a moment in his interview after the Posh game when his remarks were very reminiscent of the great Brian Clough. I think that with some kind of support he could be a truly world-class manager. But there's the rub ... will he get the support?

Super Graham Withey

The jury is out and should stay out on Robins until next season. We were down when he arrived, so he was always in a no lose situation this season.

sylus

Can't blame sisu for slade

1 most of us thought he'd be decent
2 Venus appointed him

You can blame Sisu for Slade as Venus was part of the board and decent isn't a word i would use for Slade,utter shit is more like it,but in Robins lets hope so,but it is still early days.

skybluetony176

We all know how this will end.
The same posters creaming over him now will be the first to shoot him down.

You know it. I took loads of shit from certain quarters for what I believed to be realistic opinions on TM's abilities and capabilities at our club. I got so much shit and at ten games in was getting even more, being asked if I still thought he was a shit manager, which actually was not something I ever said. Only then for the same voices then became the first ones calling for him to go and because I'd always kept my expectations in the realism zone by not changing my opinion of him I somehow went from being an apparent Mowbray hater to being an apparent Mowbray apologist when all I'd actually done was stand still. My position hadn't changed at all.

It's all about managing expectations. I don't expect for one moment MR will continue to get the tools for the job as promised. You only have to look at the fact that we're again building a scouting system that we don't have for the third time in four years under a third manager to see that rugs get pulled. If it's repeatedly happening with the scouting system what else does it repeatedly happen with? Plenty of talk about win bonuses being pulled last season for one. Maybe true maybe not. If it is though who's pulling them and why? Does this only happen during a successful season? Does this indicate that the team is always set up to fail behind the scenes?

Make no mistake. Under the current regime Robins will have a hand tied behind his back. Will he be here long enough to get two?

Brighton Sky Blue

Thr people who said summer recruitment got us relegated have a lot of egg on their face now

Well you can't deny we have a much weaker group of players than we did last year however it was still one strong enough not to get relegated. Elements of truth to both arguments.

covcity4life

Well you can't deny we have a much weaker group of players than we did last year however it was still one strong enough not to get relegated. Elements of truth to both arguments.

It was weaker than top 8 1 last year. It was bot relegation fodder

I maintained this throught slades run and was told no manager cud do better with these players

Now those same posters wont even apologise.

stupot07

Yep, if you discount bigi he was already here last season, there were more January signings in yesterdays starting line up as there were summer signings. Add to that the likes of Thomas, Haynes, Burge and Lamieres who were all consistenly overlooked under mowbray, in fact only 4 of yesterdays starting line up, started in mowbray's last game.

You can also add that the pressure has really been off since robins has been here, we were already pretty much relegated. That's allowed thr players to play with more freedom.

Robins has done a fantastic job though, that can't be denied. We will mount a promotion charge under him next season!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

trevelfarandwide

It remains to be seen if he can actually win a promotion, or achieve something like Darren Ferguson has with Doncaster.

I was gonna mention Chris Wilder, who we almost appointed before Robins 4 years ago IIRC, but seeing their promotion celebration on Goal Rush nearly made me spew my crackers and cheese up. Sheff Utd can rot for all I care, that club is a magnet for wankers.

Robins seems to tick here at CCFC, so here's a thought guys: let him do what he can, give him time before being fickle and calling for his head, and hope he stays on for at least 2 years to get this club some stability and professionalism.

All in due time, lads. Be patient and let the man work his magic. PUSB

rupert_bear

Watched yesterdays game closely and Robins had developed a nice little well balanced team doing their jobs I thought we were a centre forward away from a comfortable victory. We need players obviously added to the squad and I expect a number to move on but the building blocks are there, Robins does need strikers though, he does that we will be okay

RegTheDonk

I really hope he sticks with us and gets us back up - and beyond - but contracts don't mean a lot these days and money often talks. However, I'd like to think a lesson was learned from last time around .... he's been very keen to say how much of an impact the fans have made, how much the Wembley win was for us. He's making all the noises you would expect a manager to make, and FWIW I think he's genuine this time: the "sky blue blood" quote obviously will be something that would haunt anybody's conscious, I think he wants to make ammends. We need to back him, and hope SISU do likewise.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Robins feels like a natural fit for us. I like everyone was gutted when he left the first time. He oozes class, plays good football and builds from the back but he has inherited a rubbish squad and it needs a massive overhaul.

The summer recruitment is critical, something Mowbray and Venus got wrong this year.

trevelfarandwide

I'm waiting for another bickering fest to erupt, in all honesty, since the usual bait is being dangled by the usual suspects...

...is the past 18 months THAT important anymore?!

skybluebeduff

He seems a perfect fit

Looking forward to next season - let's hope the trust survey is bollocks and fans support next seasons assault on league two

If he hangs around this time it's top 7 for sure

It is bollocks, I know a few already coming back, and they're bringing children, partners e.c.t

Nothings worked to get rid of SISU, for the good of peoples sanity and love for the club, it's time to back the team.

You probably never thought people like me would change stances, but it happens, the fight against SISU is lost in my eyes, they've won. If you can't beat them, join them. Still fucking hate them though with a deep demonic rage.

clint van damme

It is bollocks, I know a few already coming back, and they're bringing children, partners e.c.t

Nothings worked to get rid of SISU, for the good of peoples sanity and love for the club, it's time to back the team.

You probably never thought people like me would change stances, but it happens, the fight against SISU is lost in my eyes, they've won. If you can't beat them, join them. Still fucking hate them though with a deep demonic rage.

Fair play to you, but I don't think they've won. They've just created an absolute mess where we're all losers.
They won't be here forever, (I hope!)

trevelfarandwide

I have every right to bait thank you very much. Idiots said no1 cudnt do a better job than slade

Hahahah
I was referring to more than one person actually, I just find it odd to be gloating when even Mowbray failed to win a game out of 10 with these players plus Sterry, McCann etc.

There's more to life than openly declaring how correct you are, and baiting people who thought Slade could do a job for us. In a season of such inconsistency, upheaval and misery, who could have predicted our circumstances at the minute?

Just be pleased that we have Robins, and it seems he's sticking around this time. The future looks a bit less shite, but who am I to predict this club's circumstances even 6 months from now.

covcity4life

I was referring to more than one person actually, I just find it odd to be gloating when even Mowbray failed to win a game out of 10 with these players plus Sterry, McCann etc.

There's more to life than openly declaring how correct you are, and baiting people who thought Slade could do a job for us. In a season of such inconsistency, upheaval and misery, who could have predicted our circumstances at the minute?

Just be pleased that we have Robins, and it seems he's sticking around this time. The future looks a bit less shite, but who am I to predict this club's circumstances even 6 months from now.

I am pleased we have robins

I am just also pleased i have been proven right yet again

Double whammy

skyblue1991

You can blame Sisu for Slade as Venus was part of the board and decent isn't a word i would use for Slade,utter shit is more like it,but in Robins lets hope so,but it is still early days.
When will people realise Venus and Tim Fisher work for CCFC, not SISU.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Grendel

I am pleased we have robins

I am just also pleased i have been proven right yet again

Double whammy

Proved right? Don't know about double whammy mowbrays going for double relegation this season by the look of it.

Users who are viewing this thread