Robins to Stoke? (1 Viewer)

oucho

So, Nathan Jones has gone. How long before the frothers and the numpties who believe anything a bookie says start on this rumour again, i wonder?

More to the point, how long until Stoke fans get nostalgic for this manager and then begin chants during games, aimed at the boardroom, saying "Nathan Jones, you've been gone too long!"

I'll get my coat. Just thought I would save @Otis the bother of having to write that himself (which he inevitably otherwise would have done).

JonesBob

Robins is not the type of manager Stoke need. Robins likes to work on 'projects' and quite frankly Stoke need someone who can 'quick-fix' like Big Sam.

Irish Sky Blue

Shows that the grass isn't always greener. I bet that professionally he wishes he had stayed at Luton. Financially, at least in the short term he is probably far better off for goi g to Stoke.
I can't see this being a tempter for Robins although to be honest I would have said the same about Huddersfield all those years ago.

oucho

More to the point, how long until Stoke fans get nostalgic for this manager and then begin chants during games, aimed at the boardroom, saying "Nathan Jones, you've been gone too long!"

I'll get my coat. Just thought I would save @Otis the bother of having to write that himself (which he inevitably otherwise would have done).

A better version of this joke would have been to ask if disaffected Stoke fans were singing "Nathan Jones, you've stayed on too long" prior to him getting the chop.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Robin's won't be going anywhere. He has Sky Blue Blood running through his veins!

Adge

Not that it would happen anyway but if it did, what would be the feeling around Robins departing for Stoke?
I for one would wish him the best for the job he has done.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not that it would happen anyway but if it did, what would be the feeling around Robins departing for Stoke?
I for one would wish him the best for the job he has done.

Disappointed. Would feel he was going there for the higher payday because he's got his structure here, a large amount of belief and goodwill from both the board and fans. There he would have immediate expectations, a massive clearout to get within upcoming budget restrictions and probably little to no goodwill if he didn't hit the ground running.

I'd have hoped he'd have learnt from the Huddersfield experience.

covboy1987

And that puts his value up
No doubt his contract will have a massive buy out clause and other awkward hurdles for a club to pinch him off us as the old saying once bitten - robins left us before and the owners will have learnt valuable lessons

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

££££

Maybe he'd want to resign Bayliss for his new team - sell-on clause coming our way ;)

ccfc1234

I feel he may go as the Team are not pulling their weight... they dont never seem up for it... and SISU are never
Were you at the game today or watching wasps? It's hard not to notice how desperately Dissapointing it must be for wasps owners that attendances are woefully low despite the type surrounding the WC currently.

Sky Blue Harry H

I feel he may go as the Team are not pulling their weight... they dont never seem up for it... and SISU are never

'I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now'

Don't know why, but it made me feel as though you had been drinking before you posted?

Users who are viewing this thread