Robin's talking sense (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

The thing is i am sure robins wi have us near top of league 2

But im sure he would have had us near top of league 1 too

So in my opinion we are another year behind schedule because of russel slade. Say what you want about tm and mv but robins WOULD have kept us up if he came in 1 pt of safety ibstead of 17

Oh well. Will make our comeback story even better from league 2 to prem i guess!

fernandopartridge

Back to back promotions? And where is he going to get the money to fund such an operation? It's a cliche but money talks. Without a competitive playing budget he can create the most intricate scouting database within the football league but it will still be about as much use as Reda Johnson taking a penalty.
Maybe just get behind the bloke.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Astute

If right although I admire his optimism but I have to say that sounds more like bollocks than sense. Just can't see how that's possible under the current owners.
Robins has filled me with confidence for next season. When he came in we were shit and going down. We all knew that. The biggest question was would we win a game by the end of the season. Suddenly players that couldn't compete were winning games. If he could do that with players who only knew how to lose what can he do with his own players?

stupot07

Robins has filled me with confidence for next season. When he came in we were shit and going down. We all knew that. The biggest question was would we win a game by the end of the season. Suddenly players that couldn't compete were winning games. If he could do that with players who only knew how to lose what can he do with his own players?
Yep, and hes also managed in League Two before so knows whats required to compete in the league. I'm feeling confident for next season, and we should all get behind MR and the lads.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

It could be quite fun watching us lead from the front in League 2 and then if MR's is correct in his ambition we will take that momentum on to the Championship.
I sincerely hope that is possible and he is surely the guy that can do it given enough support to get the job done.
Could be a couple of fun years...which will make a change.

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

It could be quite fun watching us lead from the front in League 2 and then if MR's is correct in his ambition we will take that momentum on to the Championship.
I sincerely hope that is possible and he is surely the guy that can do it given enough support to get the job done.
Could be a couple of fun years...which will make a change.
I slag you off usually but you were spot on here

Paxman II

I take no pleasure from being right but appreciate the look back!
Can I say premiership season after this one?

Evo1883

Is it also weird I have butterflies for the match tomorrow, what a guy Robins is 😍😂

RegTheDonk

interesting to see that the doom mongers were saying the same old thing- without a big budget promotion is impossible. Three seasons later, still no big budget but 2 promotions under our belts... money is important alright but it sure ain’t everything if you know what you’re doing.
So glad we've made it with the financial hamstrings, well done again to all concerned with the club.

Happy for Pax's idea to continue but we are, literally, in a different league now. It's a bigger pond and money talks.

Speaking of money, all leagues are playing today. I guess those who were upset at finishing early will be even more steamed up that we're all kicking off with no money from crowds being allowed in.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We’ve all had arguments over the last 3 years. But damn it’s good to be back! Love you all sky blue army! Let’s finish the job and get the boys over the line and back to the premier league now!

Mcbean

Great comment by Robbins - touch league 1 ! A win today would be worth quite a few happiness points !

Users who are viewing this thread