Robin's talking sense (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

It could be quite fun watching us lead from the front in League 2 and then if MR's is correct in his ambition we will take that momentum on to the Championship.
I sincerely hope that is possible and he is surely the guy that can do it given enough support to get the job done.
Could be a couple of fun years...which will make a change.

Nick

Administrator
Love hearing him talk.. said the protest didn't help him but understands the fans frustration.
Asked the fans to stick with him and the players.
Wants back to back promotions.
Rebuild in the summer and make sure the scouting system is in place with a database that stays with the club for years.
Loves his job here.
Hopefully widdrington will help do a decent job.

I'm always excited for pre season and signings, sadly.

zuni

sounded pissed with charlton made a comment on them enjoying the win to much and that they forget we will most likely meet again...or words to that effect

SkyBlue_Bear83

Interesting comment re the scouting system.

He said intellectual property belongs to the football club in his opinion

Seems a bit of a dig at the past few years, looks like when someone leaves they keep taking all the scouting info with them. I know we had it with pressley and the laptop and it seems mowbray/Venus/Slade did the same.

Chipfat

Don't be shocked if others who fall into L1 or are in there come knocking for Robins. He will have a decision to make somewhere down the line. I hope he stays but my feeling is he will see what the summer brings and if no changes or decent investment made the pattern of our club will keep spinning.

Let's be honest he walked before and I have no doubt he will do it again if he doesn't get what he wants. He truly deserves to get back by the club.

SkyBlueCRJ

Back to back promotions? And where is he going to get the money to fund such an operation? It's a cliche but money talks. Without a competitive playing budget he can create the most intricate scouting database within the football league but it will still be about as much use as Reda Johnson taking a penalty.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sisu have rinsed the club, they should sell up we aren't worth a penny

When they come in we had training facilities we don't even know what state the clubs in now

chiefdave

He said intellectual property belongs to the football club in his opinion
That was a very obvious dig there and you have to agree with him really. Work the manager is doing for a club while under their employment should remain with the club when they leave.
Lad on the phone in is spot on,
That the one that got corrected and had to admit he was wrong about them having sold Ryton?

Ashdown

Mark Robins will say whatever keeps him in a job for a bit longer. The reality is he will be treated with the same shoddy backing as all the rest and I'm sure we will still be scrambling for a squad come late August.......as usual !

torchomatic

Mark Robins will say whatever keeps him in a job for a bit longer. The reality is he will be treated with the same shoddy backing as all the rest and I'm sure we will still be scrambling for a squad come late August.......as usual !

Disagree. I don't think he is a panicker like Mowbray was.

Hobo

Ok
It could be quite fun watching us lead from the front in League 2 and then if MR's is correct in his ambition we will take that momentum on to the Championship.
I sincerely hope that is possible and he is surely the guy that can do it given enough support to get the job done.
Could be a couple of fun years...which will make a change.

People said about challenging for promotion when we went down to the Championship then again when we went down to League 1 and history repeating itself into league 2 (4th division in my house).

Let's get it straight, we have no divine right, first job is survival. Target by January. But until you achieve it you can't relax.

Ashdown

Disagree. I don't think he is a panicker like Mowbray was.
Mowbray didn't know the lower leagues at all, he brought some great young talent in on loan but didn't understand the need for steel in the side at this level. Robins I like but will he really be given the tools when it comes to it from these Sharks ?

torchomatic

Mowbray didn't know the lower leagues at all, he brought some great young talent in on loan but didn't understand the need for steel in the side at this level. Robins I like but will he really be given the tools when it comes to it from these Sharks ?

Robins will be given a budget. It is up to him to spend it wisely. Mowbray had a budget and pissed it up the wall. That was his fault.

As for the sharks. They will be here whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread