Robins: structures need to change (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Coventry City manager Mark Robins has said that some of the structures in the club need changing and he will do this in a balanced way.
Speaking to the CT's Andy Turner, Robins said: “You look at everything around and it’s a Premiership football club but there are structures that need changing and it’s going to take time. But I am doing everything within my parameters by not spending money but making sure things are done to balance the books, including staff and staffing options and the things I am doing to replace that won’t be costing us any money.
“I am trying to do it in a balanced way to give us the best opportunity to progress, not just for now but for the future and this club will enable me to do that. It’s a rebuilding job but I need time. And as long as we’re getting results then I’ll get the time. But there have been areas that need sorting out.
“I think we’ll be successful because we’re doing things right. There’s a plan and within that plan the goalposts might move at times and we not get too disappointed with that or too up when we win games and too down when we don’t win.
“We have to taken a balanced view because there are going to be bumps in the road but we just need to make sure we stick to the plan and make sure we come out the other end OK.”

stupot07

Coventry City manager Mark Robins has said that some of the structures in the club need changing and he will do this in a balanced way.
Speaking to the CT's Andy Turner, Robins said: “You look at everything around and it’s a Premiership football club but there are structures that need changing and it’s going to take time. But I am doing everything within my parameters by not spending money but making sure things are done to balance the books, including staff and staffing options and the things I am doing to replace that won’t be costing us any money.
“I am trying to do it in a balanced way to give us the best opportunity to progress, not just for now but for the future and this club will enable me to do that. It’s a rebuilding job but I need time. And as long as we’re getting results then I’ll get the time. But there have been areas that need sorting out.
“I think we’ll be successful because we’re doing things right. There’s a plan and within that plan the goalposts might move at times and we not get too disappointed with that or too up when we win games and too down when we don’t win.
“We have to taken a balanced view because there are going to be bumps in the road but we just need to make sure we stick to the plan and make sure we come out the other end OK.”

So we won't be spending any money in January then....bye bye McGoldrick

wingy

Is he referring to the fact that getting Rid of RS has had no financial implication ,thus defending making assistant manager post redundant ,or a precursor for Oggy next.

Sutty

Is he referring to the fact that getting Rid of RS has had no financial implication ,thus defending making assistant manager post redundant ,or a precursor for Oggy next.

Steve Taylor will be his assistant I'd expect.

Sutty

If Thorn had said something like this everyone would be moaning about him just being a yes man for SISU. Why has 'cutting costs and replacing with cheaper options' suddenly become a positive?

Doesn't bother me, sounds quite sensible but this is exactly the kind of thing people were complaining about a few months ago.

WillieStanley

I still can't believe this is our manager speaking. Far too much vision, focus and sense.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

We should have employed him when we first had the chance, rather than damaging our club even further.

Paxman II

The suggestion is that previous management did not know what they were doing and that also applies to SISU! Hardly a yes man. he is changing what they had in place and the decisions they have made that put us where we are.
To keep SISU's backing for his changes he will need reasonable results on the pitch.

That's what I read in to it.

stupot07

You say that with such relish like a 'told you so' to those who were saying we could possibly keep him beyond January

I take no relish at the prospect of losing our top goal scorer in January for the second season running.

wingy

If Thorn had said something like this everyone would be moaning about him just being a yes man for SISU. Why has 'cutting costs and replacing with cheaper options' suddenly become a positive?

Doesn't bother me, sounds quite sensible but this is exactly the kind of thing people were complaining about a few months ago.

Bump !!
When you think about it we were doing it even under Coleman.

Users who are viewing this thread