Robins Q&A - anything of interest ? (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

I certainly wouldn't go that far. I would think it's safe to say that, the way things have gone, the city council are now tied in to ensuring both the Ricoh and Wasps projects succeed. If they fail, that would be very... uncomfortable for them as an organisation, politically.

As an aside, I often wonder about the council pushing SISU onto the club. My understanding of the process, from the time (i.e. not coloured by recollection) is the SISU offer was considered 'derisory' by CCC as much as any other (the quote is Ken Taylor's). By this stage, control of the process for selling the club had moved to the Co-op bank as the creditor who wanted most cash back, and fastest. They were very keen on SISU as they offered to settle in the bank's favour, so it was the Co-op bank that drove SISU as preferred bidder.

I'm not really sure how the council can make any comment on the value or not of the bid to takeover the club. Surely this was confidential. I really struggle with why the council were so involved? They had no direct relationship with the club, the only entity that did was ACL.

NorthernWisdom

I'm not really sure how the council can make any comment on the value or not of the bid to takeover the club. Surely this was confidential. I really struggle with why the council were so involved? They had no direct relationship with the club, the only entity that did was ACL.
I'm not convinced they did anything other than respond to what was put to them. It's unclear where the values came from, but I'm assuming that as it was through the Telegraph, they'd have either been made up, and / or leaked (would you put it past some of the characters at the time to do that?). As an interested party, a successful football club would have equated to a successful ACL and also the Ricoh project in the social sense. Ultimately, they had no control, however, so it's just asking an interested party what they think.

What there has been for a number of years is the overvaluing of what certain entities are actually worth, and that includes ACL, CCFC and more besides, and they really shouldn't have commented on that value. Shame our current owners want to continue that tradition really!

shmmeee

They aren't really secret conspiracies though are they?

It's been confirmed by somebody in the consortium that Wasps were involved in the takeover attempt and were going to put money in. It's a bit more than a potential landlord / potential tenant relationship.

Also doesn’t show a conspiracy to “find an owner that will pay whatever they want”. Unless you think all the fantasies of us buying Wasps are of a similar vein.

Again. Not a Hoffman fan, wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club. Not particularly concerned if whoever our owners are they want a closer relationship with Wasps, this site seems to oscillate wildly between hating Wasps and wanting nothing to do with them and building our own stadium with blackjack and hookers and us being a the Ricoh in partnership with them.

But then I couldn’t give a shit about Wasps and don’t froth at the mouth at the mere mention of them. So there’s that.

shmmeee

You’re playing a little dumb here. You can’t have the cake of “CCFC is vital to the city and the council should do everything they can do keep them” and eat it with “why are the council involved in the football club?”

My whole issue with this going back to 2014 is that it was a stupid business move to sour relations with the council when you needed them if you’re going to build a ground or get a better deal. It showed Sisus lack of understanding of governmental organisations, which isn’t surprising as a hedge fund, but still spectacularly naive not to get advice from someone other than Nikki fucking Sinclair.

Nick

Administrator
Also doesn’t show a conspiracy to “find an owner that will pay whatever they want”. Unless you think all the fantasies of us buying Wasps are of a similar vein.

Again. Not a Hoffman fan, wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club. Not particularly concerned if whoever our owners are they want a closer relationship with Wasps, this site seems to oscillate wildly between hating Wasps and wanting nothing to do with them and building our own stadium with blackjack and hookers and us being a the Ricoh in partnership with them.

But then I couldn’t give a shit about Wasps and don’t froth at the mouth at the mere mention of them. So there’s that.

No, it shows that there has been multiple attempts to install their own choice of owner.

Think back to Haskell who was lauded as the new owner before it had even happened by ACL.

Nick

Administrator
You’re playing a little dumb here. You can’t have the cake of “CCFC is vital to the city and the council should do everything they can do keep them” and eat it with “why are the council involved in the football club?”

My whole issue with this going back to 2014 is that it was a stupid business move to sour relations with the council when you needed them if you’re going to build a ground or get a better deal. It showed Sisus lack of understanding of governmental organisations, which isn’t surprising as a hedge fund, but still spectacularly naive not to get advice from someone other than Nikki fucking Sinclair.

The business relations between the football club and council were seemingly shot way before 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread