Robins or the Ricoh ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I was over in Cov today and read the back of Friday's telegraph re the rumour that Robins may be on some sort of list for the Swansea job. It made me quite depressed, and then I thought to myself, would the announcement shortly after Robins left that CCFC had agreed a 2 year Ricoh deal with ongoing talks to extend further (no details of what the deal entails etc) compensate ? No it wouldn't .
I know managers come and go, and our long term future is paramount, but if Robins suddenly left now I think it would hit us very hard, Ricoh or no Ricoh.

ccfcway

2 year deal would be as short term as the rate we go through managers.

Agreement on a new stadium or the club (not the owners) owning the Ricoh is completely different.

Sadly, neither are forthcoming, so Robins it is for me

Nick

Administrator
I was over in Cov today and read the back of Friday's telegraph re the rumour that Robins may be on some sort of list for the Swansea job. It made me quite depressed, and then I thought to myself, would the announcement shortly after Robins left that CCFC had agreed a 2 year Ricoh deal with ongoing talks to extend further (no details of what the deal entails etc) compensate ? No it wouldn't .
I know managers come and go, and our long term future is paramount, but if Robins suddenly left now I think it would hit us very hard, Ricoh or no Ricoh.

Was that like the Telegraph going on about a McNulty return?

rob9872

:) :)

rob9872

Doing my best to out-gross Hill83 :)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Would you wank your dad off to save your mums life?
Not really, but if you like it, do it. As long as no one gets hurt.

Nick

Administrator
But would you do it to your mum to save your dads life ?
giphy.gif

AStonesThrow

The way i see it, is;

With Mark Robins in charge, regardless of where we're playing our 'home' football, he has a plan, an effective system in place, and he's got us playing some of the best football we've seen from CCFC for at least the last 15 years. Its exciting, positive times ahead for the club aside from the politics.

Whereas if we kept playing at the Ricoh but lost Robins, it's a lottery who would succeed him, whether they fit in with the club/squad dynamics, whether the system they'd bring in works with the squad. As we've seen many times before, some managers come into a decent squad, yet can't manage them and are shipped back out within 6 months.

It's been a long time since we've had a great, long term manager, who clearly has a vision for the team progressing. It's simple, if we're to progress and succeed, Robins cannot leave

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I don't reckon you will. He is the type to maintain eye contact during it as well.
How would you know, is there something you're not telling us.

giphy.gif

ccfcway

The way i see it, is;

With Mark Robins in charge, regardless of where we're playing our 'home' football, he has a plan, an effective system in place, and he's got us playing some of the best football we've seen from CCFC for at least the last 15 years. Its exciting, positive times ahead for the club aside from the politics.

got a lot of time for Robins and delighted he is still here and proving a lot of doubters wrong.

"some of the best football in last 15 years" isn't quote right though.

Some of the stuff under Pressley and Mowbray was excellent

AStonesThrow

got a lot of time for Robins and delighted he is still here and proving a lot of doubters wrong.

"some of the best football in last 15 years" isn't quote right though.

Some of the stuff under Pressley and Mowbray was excellent

Oh I'm not disputing that at all, I mean it on a level that it finally feels like we're going places and the lads are playing very positive football

Irish Sky Blue

I really like Robins as our manager. He does seem a good fit for the club and our club for him. I agree he does have a plan and has been moving things forward since he has come back. The improvement in the team from Slade to Robins was very clear to see. He has kept us on an upward trajectory since then.
However, I think the decision to come, surely this week, is going to be vital to the club’s short to medium term future. If we end up at St Andrews it is hard to see anything but budget cuts. In those circumstances it is hard to see any manager succeeding including Robins. I just hope that we are playing at the Ricoh. After all of the uncertainty, that in itself will be a huge boost to everyone and will keep the positive feelings most people have about the team at the moment.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Robins all day long. He has been an inspiration to the team, the whole club and the fans. It would be nothing short of disastrous for him to leave!
(And I'd use his missus shit for toothpaste if it meant him staying!)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Normally, I'd be of the persuasion that the manager is replaceable as whenever we have the discussion as to whether we should let him go when another team come calling, we end up saying no and foregoing compensation for him and then six months later we're on the slide and sacking them, resulting in a pay-off instead.

However, in this instance given how well MR has done overall in both his spells (despite being far from perfect in terms of tactics, ability to alter a game and change the gameplan and substitutions) he seems to 'fit in' here. He's gone elsewhere and done poorly. Sometimes managers just fit the club and it works out for both of them. If he left, regardless of budget, if we make the wrong choice (which we're just as likely to do as not given our history) it could take years to get back onto the same footing.

With the Ricoh, it may well affect his budget as crowds are likely to be down (and I've no idea how much rent etc will be), but I don't think atmosphere will necessarily be a massive factor. It may be a bit quieter at times but also at the Ricoh it can be very negative and fans get on players backs in poor spells.

So for once I'm going to say if I 'had' to choose, I'd say MR right now

itsabuzzard

The way i see it, is;

Whereas if we kept playing at the Ricoh but lost Robins, it's a lottery who would succeed him, whether they fit in with the club/squad dynamics, whether the system they'd bring in works with the squad. As we've seen many times before, some managers come into a decent squad, yet can't manage them and are shipped back out within 6 months.

It's been a long time since we've had a great, long term manager, who clearly has a vision for the team progressing. It's simple, if we're to progress and succeed, Robins cannot leave
I don't mean to be rude, but I think you're talking nonsense.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The way i see it, is;

Spot on. His influences on the "club" as a whole and beyond the first team squad are as important as the 11 he picks on matchday.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Would you wank your dad off to save your mums life?
Would you ram a corkscrew up your arse to improve you TV picture quality ?

Users who are viewing this thread