Robins on season (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

One thing about MR, I won't call him a lucky manager because that would imply that somehow we didn't deserve it, but he certainly hasn't been unlucky, and even the best managers need a bit of luck occasionally.
We have been incredibly fortunate this season with injuries, and although we had a couple of players out with long term injuries, even that somehow worked in our favour by the enforced changes working as good or better.
We hit our best form at exactly the right time, and that was against a very tough run of fixtures. It was 1st of Feb against Bristol Rovers, with Wycombe losing that put us in an auto promotion position on PPG.
He even won the Manager of the Month award at just the right time to avoid the curse.
Call it luck, call it brilliant timing, or call it making your own luck, but it is a brilliant attribute to have. Lets hope it continues

CCFC88

One thing about MR, I won't call him a lucky manager because that would imply that somehow we didn't deserve it, but he certainly hasn't been unlucky, and even the best managers need a bit of luck occasionally.
We have been incredibly fortunate this season with injuries, and although we had a couple of players out with long term injuries, even that somehow worked in our favour by the enforced changes working as good or better.
We hit our best form at exactly the right time, and that was against a very tough run of fixtures. It was 1st of Feb against Bristol Rovers, with Wycombe losing that put us in an auto promotion position on PPG.
He even won the Manager of the Month award at just the right time to avoid the curse.
Call it luck, call it brilliant timing, or call it making your own luck, but it is a brilliant attribute to have. Lets hope it continues
I call it being prepared and having a squad as long as one of Peter Crouch's arms

steve cooper

Wow lucky with injuries

jones out for season
Biamou missed months at the start
Kelly our at the start of the season
Jobello out from Rotherham

we had our share I reckon
I should have said lucky with injuries to key players.
Jones & Biamou were never factored in as key players this season as far as I know.
Jobello was a blow at the time but in hindsight his absence did not adversely affect the team, as I covered in my post.
Pask was injured pre-season, and has not made the first team since recovery because we didn't need him.
That leaves Godden, Allen, & Kelly. who were injured for a few weeks at various parts of the season, not necessarily all together.
I still think when compared to some previous years, and compared to what often happens, we didn't do too bad with injuries that could have derailed any team's season.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wow lucky with injuries

jones out for season
Biamou missed months at the start
Kelly our at the start of the season
Jobello out from Rotherham

we had our share I reckon

Jobello being out led to MR having to ditch the system we were playing for the box which absolutely turned our season from being decent to amazing. Jones being out (although expected) also made this formation untenable.

ccfcway

One thing about MR, I won't call him a lucky manager because that would imply that somehow we didn't deserve it, but he certainly hasn't been unlucky,

not sure i agree.

To get promoted with the club playing in another city is outstanding.

The injuries we have had this season have been as rough as any other.

steve cooper

not sure i agree.

To get promoted with the club playing in another city is outstanding.

The injuries we have had this season have been as rough as any other.
But I don't think we have had any real bad luck this season, and we could have easily been hit much worse with injuries.
A number of our injuries occurred either last season or in the pre-season, and if I am correct, we haven't had an injury since October when we lost Kelly for a few games, Jobello, who's injury led to a change of formation that improved us as a team, and Godden who missed 6 league games.
Biamou was back from his injury in time to give us options with Godden out.
Having a strong squad was key to weathering those injuries, but lots of teams who look odds on for promotion have had their season derailed by injuries to key players in the past.
Everything seemed to line up for us this season, from avoiding injuries for a large part of the season, hitting our best form at the right time against our toughest run of fixtures, to mild winter weather which suited our style of play.

BackRoomRummermill

You don’t win a league by luck , there are within some outstanding performances by players and sheer hard work. That can be said of any professional league where you end up champions

skyblue1991

'So Mark, how do you feel about obtaining automatic promotion to the Championship?'

b5f387185ff252eddb973c93d917a371.jpg

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Not bad for an arrogant c**t who never makes a change and only has one game plan.
Yep me and my son very rarely sang our little ditty last season

Only one Mark Robins
One Mark Robins
He picks the wrong team
He plays for a draw
We’re never going up with him in charge

everyone

mrtrench

MR's and his abled sidekick AV have done a remarkable job, let's not diminish it.

MR's and his abled sidekick AV have done a remarkable job, let's not diminish it.

mrtrench

You don’t win a league by luck , there are within some outstanding performances by players and sheer hard work. That can be said of any professional league where you end up champions

Apart from League 2, I agree. Becoming champions of league 2 is literally a roll of the dice.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to twig that joke. Took me so long I could've driven to Barnard Castle and back.

Users who are viewing this thread