Robins on goldie (1 Viewer)

Astute

Because he (general term for any player) isn't giving it all for our club anymore. In McG's case, it is like he used the club, tbh.

Get real. He has given his all for our club. Without him we wouldn't have turned around our season as quickly. We have done at least as good as him out of his time with us.

I would love you to stay McG. You would end up being one of our legends. If you have to leave then good luck with the rest of your career. Many thanks for your effort and showing your feelings for our club and fans.

dongonzalos

If he doesn't stay, I want him to do shit and get relegated with his champ team, whilst (hopefully) we get promoted. I will be thankful, but I'd like to him to regret leaving CCFC. Sour grapes?

Yep sour grapes.

If you are offered a job and given a short term contract.
You have no allegiance to the people who gave you the job.

Turns out you are very very good at the job.

You get head hunted to do the same job for more money at a higher level with more prestige.

Possibly in your mind (whether it is realistic or not) a better chance at getting to the very top.

I know what you would do.

Also I don't imagine a customer of yours would hope your new job turns to rat shit.

Grendel

Because he (general term for any player) isn't giving it all for our club anymore. In McG's case, it is like he used the club, tbh.

But you make an exception for Bigiamara - why? He was supposed to love Coventry but as soon as someone flashed the cash he went - and about as far away as he could go.

Grendel

I can't believe how quickly people are turning on goldie. I for one wish him all the best if he leaves us.

I agree but SBT makes exceptions. If mcgoldrick goes to Newcastle I guess he will then have his full support on the move.

CovFan

Good luck to McGoldrick wherever he goes, just hope not being able to sign him won't come back to bite us.

Mucca Mad Boys

Get real. He has given his all for our club. Without him we wouldn't have turned around our season as quickly. We have done at least as good as him out of his time with us.

I would love you to stay McG. You would end up being one of our legends. If you have to leave then good luck with the rest of your career. Many thanks for your effort and showing your feelings for our club and fans.

I wouldn't disagree with that, I just want us to leapfrog whoever he goes to, so it can be a 'it could've been you' moment, I hold these beliefs in reaction to modern football, might teach modern footballers like Clingan that the grass, isn't always greener.

BurbageSkyBlues

Unbelieveable!

Look on the bright side - if goldie has done well to resurrect his career here, others may take notice and we could end up with a similarly good player on loan, maybe from a prem club

Also, don't alienate players, they do talk to each other you know, plus, you never know what fortune may throw at us in the future, and we have a better opportunity to land him in the transfer market!

valiant15

Isn't clingan's club above us by about 10 points? Cranie is playing in the championship as is keogh,goldie will almost certainly be going up a league,bigi is playing in europe in front of 52k. I would say the grass is greener for most of our ex players. I'd aim your bitterness towards our joke owners.

dongonzalos

Isn't clingan's club above us by about 10 points? Cranie is playing in the championship as is keogh,goldie will almost certainly be going up a league,bigi is playing in europe in front of 52k. I would say the grass is greener for most of our ex players. I'd aim your bitterness towards our joke owners.

Sometimes valiant when you don't swear you put forward a very good case

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree but SBT makes exceptions. If mcgoldrick goes to Newcastle I guess he will then have his full support on the move.

Why not? We're not going to play a prem team in the near future, but if we get promoted, we could play McG and he could whip CCFC.

In football, I support England and CCFC, as long as they do well, that's all that matters (In the football world).

SkyBlue_Bear83

No Clingans club is not above us by 10 points as he has no club.

Barnsley are also looking a good bet for relegation

skybluejelly

clingan does not have a club...he has been released

Skyblue4u

He was never our player anyway just on loan. If he don't want to sign for us then I'll thank him for his efforts and feel disappointed he did want to stay and then just forget about him and won't be remotely interested about what he does in the future

Grendel

Wonder how many of us would do different to DMC and Bigi

None. Everyone goes to the highest bidder. I get slightly annoyed when some try to make out one particular player didn't and is somehow an exception.

dongonzalos

I wouldn't disagree with that, I just want us to leapfrog whoever he goes to, so it can be a 'it could've been you' moment, I hold these beliefs in reaction to modern football, might teach modern footballers like Clingan that the grass, isn't always greener.

Modern football is the same as every other job.

You have to remember this is their jobs.

It is up to cov to get better, bigger stronger

Our owners need to do a good job of returning us to the big time.

However even in those days we still lost players to bigger clubs

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Unbelieveable!

Look on the bright side - if goldie has done well to resurrect his career here, others may take notice and we could end up with a similarly good player on loan, maybe from a prem club

Also, don't alienate players, they do talk to each other you know, plus, you never know what fortune may throw at us in the future, and we have a better opportunity to land him in the transfer market!

Good points - a number of players have said they came to us as signings or on loan after speaking to former players who have said good things.

My feelings on a former player will depend largely on the way in which they left the club. Any leaving just for the money or any "I am to good for your club players" or "didn't even try at our club players" I will generally take pleasure in seeing them fall on their faces. Any that have given 100% and their form has generated interest and they have earned the move then unless they slag us off when they move then I will wish them well and enjoy seeing a former player showing how good he is.

Mcgoldrick could currently fall under either. He has given 100% and it has been a mutually beneficial loan - if he gets a move to a bigger / championship team then fair enough I wish him all the best. If he just leaves for the likes of barnsley or a league 1 team I will be disappointed.

Mucca Mad Boys

Well, IMO, we'll finish above Donny, I'm not sure, but I think Barnsley might get relegated.

Bigi and Keogh have done well for themselves, we got decent deals for them in the given circumstances.

valiant15

I never knew that clingan had been released by donny. Ok the grass my not of been greener for him but the others seem to have done ok.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yep sour grapes.

If you are offered a job and given a short term contract.
You have no allegiance to the people who gave you the job.

Turns out you are very very good at the job.

You get head hunted to do the same job for more money at a higher level with more prestige.

Possibly in your mind (whether it is realistic or not) a better chance at getting to the very top.

I know what you would do.

Also I don't imagine a customer of yours would hope your new job turns to rat shit.

That analogy doesn't make sense in terms of customers hoping the job goes "to rat shit".

dongonzalos

That analogy doesn't make sense in terms of customers hoping the job goes "to rat shit".

Why, he was a loaned employee of CCFC, you are a customer of CCFC. You probably have him as one of the favourite employees who serves you as he is one of the best at his job.

He is that good he has been head hunted to earn more money, more prestige and in his mind a better chance if getting to the top.

You shake his hand and say I hope your new job goes to rat shit.

Mucca Mad Boys

Why, he was a loaned employee of CCFC, you are a customer of CCFC. You probably have him as one of the favourite employees who serves you as he is one of the best at his job.

He is that good he has been head hunted to earn more money, more prestige and in his mind a better chance if getting to the top.

You shake his hand and say I hope your new job goes to rat shit.

No, football is different, it's annoying when people try to dumb down football.

If I'm say a solicitor, and get head hunted, customers won't care, whereas football fans remember players...

Only way your analogy works is with colleagues.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, football is different, it's annoying when people try to dumb down football.

If I'm say a solicitor, and get head hunted, customers won't care, whereas football fans remember players...

Only way your analogy works is with colleagues.

Dumbing down football? Didn't realise Wayne Rooney got a first at Oxford.

Astute

And I suppose they all go chanting your name in the office each time you did something good.....

Users who are viewing this thread