This season is this season, no carry over to next season
Man Utd game took the focus off
Lati injured, 1 defender available
Ipswich played with injuries but got through
Got to do some work
Work has started

Nick

Administrator
Dont get how he can say we needed to get at them but didn't but he didn't do anything to try and get at them when we clearly needed changes?

Skyblue Bangkok

Dont get how he can say we needed to get at them but didn't but he didn't do anything to try and get at them when we clearly needed changes?
He just says the same old thing, better defending and get them at and you think what do they do in training.

The CableGuy

From the CT:

“Rubbish result, performance was OK. It was a little bit flat at times. We attacked pretty well against a really good side. But first of all, congratulations to them because they are almost there; the prize is almost there for them.”
"From out perspective, we gave away a really soft goal whilst we were trying to build into the game, and that’s really been the story of our season - we concede too many goals, quite a few goals. We’re on the back foot and give ourselves a mountain to climb.
“We have to address that because you can’t win things if you’re conceding too many goals. The flip side of it, we attacked pretty well. We had a lot of the ball, we had 13 shots and they had 14, although they had 12 inside or box and that’s the thing, we cannot give the opposition goals rather than making them work for it. That’s what has happened, and that’s what has happened lately. And then the volume of goals that you have to get back and score means the pressure becomes more intense.”
“I was worried about the energy before the game but that wasn’t the case tonight. The thing that cost us was a lack of quality and poor decision making. Brad (Collins) has been called upon a few times to make some brilliant saves, which he has.
“We were OK playing out. It was a little bit laboured at times but they had a full press with five players and five sat behind ready to mop up anything, but I felt we dealt with that pretty well and created some good openings.
“We scored a good goal, great move and great finish from Haji (Wright). The first chance we had the keeper made a brilliant save, and when we equalised they started to rock, so they were there for the taking but we just didn’t have that ability to keep the ball.”

hill83

Man Utd game took the focus off

Funny Face Reaction GIF by TikTok

Good day out though

messiahrobins

He chose and bought those defenders that don’t defend??
Love Robins, for me our best ever manager, but recruitment was a bit muddled as Sakamoto coming in (great signing) didnt fit a 5-3-2 and the recruitment of young Kitching Thomas and Latabadieure no doubt was partly based on the premise McFadzean was there to help guide them through matches, especially the big matches. Getting the best out of Wright and Sakamoto meant going to a flat back 4 and that meant no experience back there at all. Kitching and Thomas will be good defenders, Thomas potentially PL level but right now they are young and prone to lapses of concentration and making the wrong decisions.
We need two experienced CBs desperately.

AngryAnt

Yes ….. let’s keep Palmer on …… oh , hang on a minute , he must have forgot about Cal O’Hare AGAIN…….
When you want a spark of life , he waits until 80 odd minutes …….. why ?????

To be fair, it was really only 70+ minutes of game time at that point as the ref decided even he'd had enough.
But I do agree, Robins seems to wait until the last possible moment to bring any sort of impact sub on.

Recruitment over the summer is going to be interesting. We really need at least one new CB (plus binks?), goalkeeper and a winger for starters.

JoeCCFCPUSB

huge robins fan here and i have been a statue for robins man for fucking years.
however i am getting to the point now where i am looking at our squad, yes we are 3 players short 2 centre backs and sa keeper, away from promotion. i am not sure tho if robins has the tools to do this

SkyblueTexan

Excuses excuses…wake up MR. We will not improve in terms of points or league position this time. Get a bigger and better squad.

skybluecam

huge robins fan here and i have been a statue for robins man for fucking years.
however i am getting to the point now where i am looking at our squad, yes we are 3 players short 2 centre backs and sa keeper, away from promotion. i am not sure tho if robins has the tools to do this
Excuses excuses…wake up MR. We will not improve in terms of points or league position this time. Get a bigger and better squad.
calm down united kingdom GIF

Otis

To be fair, it was really only 70+ minutes of game time at that point as the ref decided even he'd had enough.
But I do agree, Robins seems to wait until the last possible moment to bring any sort of impact sub on.

Recruitment over the summer is going to be interesting. We really need at least one new CB (plus binks?), goalkeeper and a winger for starters.
He clearly didn't trust his bench did he.

Of late, he has been making subs at the right times in games.

Seems clear he now is focusing on the future and if that's true and it's also true COH and Bidwell are going, that's why they didn't come on until very late in the game.

I assume Bidwell is going. That's based on a few comments on here and the fact that JDS was having a very poor game and our left looked very vulnerable, yet wasn't pulled.

long way home

Robins is done with this squad and done with this season. He sounded like he is already down the line with making the changes he needs. I seen a few things last few games that would alarm me if i was Robins. We have to lose more than a few to improve our depth if we are serious about promotion.

We got to get these quality signings in early and get next season started on the front foot. No excuses to start slow, i think we have 15 or 16 players that should be fully focused this time round. Got to get Torp, Tatsu and Tavares fit and stronger and Sheaf status clarified. Positions of need GK, LCB, LB, CM, No 10 and another FW with quality signing is a must.

Lastly the younger players need to make a serious impact 1 or 2 of them have to be ready to be in every squad on merit. We don't need numbers we need players that can effect a game at top championship level.

Deity

Robins was quietly angry. Whether it was with certain players or DJ or both I’m not sure.

Sky Blue Harry H

Have only read the summary (not heard the interview) but I don't disagree with anything MR said. I thought we performed better last night than I'd expected. It was obvious they were fresher than us, and my only disappointment last night (Collins' iffy clearances aside) was the over recycling of the ball (particularly the right hand side, rather than getting the ball into the mixer). Huge credit though to MVE who is like a duracell bunny, though I was concerned he was going to pick a bad injury with some of those fouls on him, particularly late on, when he must have been knackered

stevefloyd

I thought we done ok in patches last night and its clear we need more quality in the squad, the defence was hacked together although I am not sure why we keep playing Da Silva, he had played ok in the last 2 games but last night back to his dreadful best, losing his man at will, balls over the top of him (not hard) he is ok with the ball at his feet but if we are serious about promotion he is not going to get us there (rant over). We are very poor at defending set pieces and Eccles is a squad player at best, yes he may be one of our own but his passing leaves a lot to be desired at times, the same with most of the squad BUT Robins with his limited squad has pulled off another great season for us although flagging at the final hurdles and he is not a stupid man and knows what needs doing/replacing, so hopefully Doug will back him as well as our fantastic fans have this season and we get the players and consistency we need to go marching on PUSB have a great summer all

Ashdown

Love Robins, for me our best ever manager, but recruitment was a bit muddled as Sakamoto coming in (great signing) didnt fit a 5-3-2 and the recruitment of young Kitching Thomas and Latabadieure no doubt was partly based on the premise McFadzean was there to help guide them through matches, especially the big matches. Getting the best out of Wright and Sakamoto meant going to a flat back 4 and that meant no experience back there at all. Kitching and Thomas will be good defenders, Thomas potentially PL level but right now they are young and prone to lapses of concentration and making the wrong decisions.
We need two experienced CBs desperately.
Thomas needs to stick to what he is good at, defending! He is not a ball carrying talent that can play much with the ball at his feet. He needs to win the ball and give it to someone with a simple pass and get back into position.

TomRad85

Thomas needs to stick to what he is good at, defending! He is not a ball carrying talent that can play much with the ball at his feet. He needs to win the ball and give it to someone with a simple pass and get back into position.
He's doing what the manager is asking him to do.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

alexccfc99

He's doing what the manager is asking him to do.

This style of play is really starting to bug me, lost count of how many times I have dropped my arse at us pissing around with the ball at the back - some of the balls we play across the back line are borderline suicidal

It is not working

TomRad85

This style of play is really starting to bug me, lost count of how many times I have dropped my arse at us pissing around with the ball at the back - some of the balls we play across the back line are borderline suicidal

It is not working
I agree, I like that we try and play but we defo overplay it at the back at times. But the point stands it comes from the manager, if we bring in any other CB he's going to do exactly the same as its the instruction.

hill83

It is not working

I don’t necessarily mind the pissing about with it at the back when the setup is right and there is someone to actually pass to. But when there isn’t someone available just put your fucking boot through it. Don’t chip it half heartedly to someone marked on the edge our box at knob height.

SonofErnie

Yes ….. let’s keep Palmer on …… oh , hang on a minute , he must have forgot about Cal O’Hare AGAIN…….
When you want a spark of life , he waits until 80 odd minutes …….. why ?????

Proving the point that Palmer isn’t the answer? There is an ulterior motive for most things Robins does.

Users who are viewing this thread