Robins on 5 Live (2 Viewers)

djr8369

And here's the problem.

Lost all respect for Hamer because he kept us thinking he was going to stay and leaves us just before the season starts. He should have let us know as soon as he could.

Fast forward about 6 months.

Lost all respect for Hamer because he told us he wanted to leave as soon as he possibly could.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. Typical of a lot of our fan base.
For all we know it came up naturally as Robins went around to each player to speak to them.

Astute

Took some time away from this place earlier in the season. Heard nothing about Robins Out in that time. It’s a few knee-jerkers, 99% of fans wouldn’t have wanted it. Social media just amplifies the minority calls though.
If you fancy a laugh try looking back at the old posts. It wasn't just a few. At one stage it seemed more like the majority.

Some people will never learn.

Tommo1993

Really, how many daft fans thought we were gonna keep hold of the best player in his position in this league?

“ooooh he said he was staying”. No, he didn’t. Hassle a footballer like this and they will lie. How have people still not learnt this? He led you on if you were stupid enough to be led on.

Happy_Martian

Can only presume the fact he failed when leaving us for a bigger club before us what has put other teams off going for him. Which is nuts really when you look at the merry go round of managers that keep getting jobs.

I'm amazed a lower level PL or upper Championship team (which we are now I guess) has not made a serious effort to appoint him in the last few years.

Sunderland did offer their job to him a couple of years ago. But that may just be the only offer we've heard of. Just because the media doesn't broadcast it doesn't mean it didn't happen :unsure:

covcity4life

I get all of that ‘short career’ and ‘play at a higher’ level stuff but fuckme.. there’s also a place for decorum. I mean, they were on the fucking bus after just losing the playoff final on penalties talking about fuckingoff

I don’t expect loyalty but a bit of respect would be nice.
You have no idea how the convo went

They are human beings. They are friends. It probably wasny fuck this we lost im off guys .

It was possibly everyone asking them what they gonna do then and they like time for a change etc

Just think it iit was you and your group of friends. Would these questions really be taboo? I don't think so

Astute

Is it true he also laughed at his former team mates languishing in the championship?
It makes me laugh with some of the rubbish some people come out with. If you can't prove it wrong it must be right.

DannyThomas_1981

My question is always the same to those who have wanted rid of him. Who could we get that would be better. Never had a single sensible reply.
Pay more attention Astute, the taxi callers were demanding King Kenny J to be immediately installed. And laughable as it seemed at the time to 99.9% of us - they thought they were being sensible.

harvey098

Bigger concern for me is why the fuck, if we knew he was going, did we just take a punt on Ayari when we had 3 months to sort his replacement

I dont understand it
I guess we didn’t know he was going, we just knew he wanted to go if the right offer came in (that the club would accept).

Other replacement targets probably came and went whilst we were waiting for the Sheff Utd offer (or equivalent)

McLovin87

What was he on about "Pigs Head" being thrown the pitch, did that happen or was he getting mixed up with those little foam pigs?

Astute

Bigger concern for me is why the fuck, if we knew he was going, did we just take a punt on Ayari when we had 3 months to sort his replacement

I dont understand it
Very simple to me.

Being interested in players and being able to bring them in are two totally different things. It isn't as though we're a destination to aim for.

We didn't bring in make weights. We brought in players to improve us. I'm not having a go at Robins for not bringing in average players just because we have a space for them. When the money is gone it's gone.

harvey098

What was he on about "Pigs Head" being thrown the pitch, did that happen or was he getting mixed up with those little foam pigs?
Yeah he must’ve been thinking of the pigs vs Charlton. Tbf I remembered them being little pigs heads rather than the full bodies… I don’t think anyone thought he meant literal pig heads.

McLovin87

Yeah he must’ve been thinking of the pigs vs Charlton. Tbf I remembered them being little pigs heads rather than the full bodies… I don’t think anyone thought he meant literal pig heads.
It's happened before, Barcelona fans lobbed a Pigs Head on the pitch when Figo went to Real Madrid.🐷

Skyblue Bangkok

Can only presume the fact he failed when leaving us for a bigger club before us what has put other teams off going for him. Which is nuts really when you look at the merry go round of managers that keep getting jobs.

I'm amazed a lower level PL or upper Championship team (which we are now I guess) has not made a serious effort to appoint him in the last few years.

He's done an absolutely phenomenal job here.

People wanting him sacked at the start of the season are fucking nuts.
Because like Nathan Jones , Robins loses his powers when he left us before. I was amazed when so people were calling for him to be sacked earlier in the season.
It's happened before, Barcelona fans lobbed a Pigs Head on the pitch when Figo went to Real Madrid.🐷
I remember that, whiskey bottle was also thrown at him, Barca were meant to serve 3 match closed stadium ban but never did .

Hobo

Yes
Agreed. While Jimmy Hill was brilliant you'd argue that Robin's tenure will have achieved more (Hill left immediately after promotion anyway) especially in the context of the financial imbalance, gone from average gates of less than 10k to 25k. It is phenomenal.

Nb: I have edited the post as using > after < made the thick c**t forum think I was doing something else

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yes Hill was just before my time as a supporter. Yes I can read the history and have been around fans who experienced it so I can appreciate the vibe and progress he created. I always felt he bottled it a bit and took the easy option of going into TV. Accept it was a great opportunity from a money sense and increasing his profile.

The main way I judge Jimmy Hill was his time as a director. I don't think he helped us much. Yes he had some innovative forward thinking ideas; but they always seemed to be delivered in a half baked fashion. In fact a few of them cost us revenue.

TomRad85

Had 11 signings to complete, maybe targets went elsewhere, maybe it looked like no one was going to bid on Hamer.
If Hamer was saying that so confidently on the coach it must have been quite the blow to his ego to get no offers until right at the end of the window, by a team everyone knew was going down before a ball had even been kicked.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

If Hamer was saying that so confidently on the coach it must have been quite the blow to his ego to get no offers until right at the end of the window, by a team everyone knew was going down before a ball had even been kicked.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I suspect that’s exactly what happened

McLovin87

Jimmy Hill was a brilliant manager for the club but I think Robins has had more shit to deal with so I think his achievements outweigh Jimmy's. Hill will also be remembered in the wider football world with abolishing the wage cap, all seater stadiums & 3 points for a win, these changes transformed football forever

Users who are viewing this thread