Robins on 5 Live (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

McFadz didn’t deal with him well when we played them in that first half he’s played championship football,he’s just as strong as an ox guys an absolute unit

If you watch him before every challenge he fouls the defender he won’t get away with it with the slightly better refs And more savvy defenders , McF played championship football before but I don’t think he will get in that often this year.

Terry Gibson's perm

Could be interesting. Not the sort of player you come up against every week in the Championship.

At 38 and playing at the highest level he's ever played at I can't see him starting regularly.

He might have to as they seem pretty broke, I hope he has to play every week as it will guarantee then relegation and that’s one spot taken

skyblueelephant76

McFadz didn’t deal with him well when we played them in that first half he’s played championship football,he’s just as strong as an ox guys an absolute unit
And when they opposition has the ball it's like Wycombe are playing with 10 men as he can't run.

Happy_Martian

I'm happy with Robins saying we don't have a budget to throw money around. It may be the truth or it may be mind games. Either way, if we go in for players to support the current squad, the other clubs will have the mindset that we're not bankrolled so hopefully shouldn't ask stupid money for hasbeens and never-weres.

cc84cov

If you watch him before every challenge he fouls the defender he won’t get away with it with the slightly better refs And more savvy defenders , McF played championship football before but I don’t think he will get in that often this year.
McFadz will 100% start for me and probably play a lot of games unless a better replacement comes in which again is gonna cost money.

Legia Sky Blue

When Villa got promoted through the play offs last time they were in the Championship, they really adopted a 'shit or bust' policy, and blatantly disregarded FFP guidelines. If they had not got promoted that season, they would have been in severe financial straits, and probably also faced a points deduction for being in breach of FFP.

clint van damme

Thanks for that, how did that bloke off Twitter get robins wasn’t happy and was down beat about the season from that interview? Sounded like he’s looking forward to testing himself and the players against better opponents

Sky blues on Twitter make this place look like a hotbed of rationality and reasoned argument

Skybluemichael

I’ve not been on Twitter for long, only got it for COVID-19 updates, but petty quick there were two cov fans that pissed me off, that’s this bloke and cairns? They seem to think their opinion is important

lord_garrincha

I’ve not been on Twitter for long, only got it for COVID-19 updates, but petty quick there were two cov fans that pissed me off, that’s this bloke and cairns? They seem to think their opinion is important
A bit like the bloke on his own at a pub who, after spotting you wearing a shirt or scarf, corners you and drones on about the club like his word is law... the Twitter equivalent of going out for a fag (even when you don't smoke) is the mute button.

Liquid Gold

You don't have to beat him to the ball, you just play a high line and leet him win the ball near the centre circle. He can't run so there is no danger there. It's what we've done every time we've played them and we've won every game.

pipkin73

Thanks for that, how did that bloke off Twitter get robins wasn’t happy and was down beat about the season from that interview? Sounded like he’s looking forward to testing himself and the players against better opponents
Please can anyone upload this and make it available to those of us who are abroad, won't let me listen as not in uk and i can't afford a vpn as i'm so broke now a thief would leave me stuff lol

pipkin73

starts at 17.35
I know i just sent this same thing but it's not showing the previous message from dubed so i thought it would make more sense here. Please can anyone upload this and make it available to those of us who are abroad, won't let me listen as not in uk and i can't afford a vpn as i'm so broke now a thief would leave me stuff lol

Irish Sky Blue

no chance, Wycombe are so skint Ainsworth had to sit in the dugout dressed in clothes he'd bought at Tom Pettys garage sale.
I agree with the comments on here about how Wycombe play and I think they will struggle in the Championship. (not sure about the guaranteed 6 points for us as every good run comes to an end at some point).
This season I felt that they took their long ball tactics to a new level. Five times they had to kick off against us at Christmas and every time they played it back to Alsop who booted it straight up field in the direction of Akinfenwa. I must admit it made me think that Ainsworth, for all of his relative success and longevity, must be a pretty limited manager.
However, the day after they got promotion, he was interviewed on Five Live. He came across as a really good, humble bloke who was simply thrilled by what his players had achieved. Listening, you couldn't help but be pleased for him. He described Wycombe's style as 'stopping better teams playing' and said that if they tried to out football most teams then they would lose every time. The style of play is governed by their finances.
I wouldn't want to watch that every week and I still think they were lucky to make the play offs (I think we would have beaten them when they played their game in hand) but I am pleased that someone genuine and honest as Ainsworth appears to be has had that success.

Mcbean

Ainsworth spent time at Wimbledon didn’t he I think you learn not to be Billy big bollox there

D

Deleted member 4439

Did anybody follow up on Staged? Ep2, special thanks include Mark Robins. Ep3, special thanks include Mark Robins, Adi Viveash. Eps 4: Mark Robins, Zain Westbrooke...etc

Users who are viewing this thread