Robins needs to answer this question? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just back and have to say it’s almost impossible to play good football on that crap pitch we need to start shooting and not try to walk it in
There's a lot of that for sure. All gets very tippy tappy around the penalty box.

AFCCOVENTRY

Whoever it is, Robins or Baldan. The recruitment in the summer has been one of the worst in years. It’s not as bad that summer when Thorn signed the biggest bunch of misfits ever. However, the so called first team players have been shocking. The fact we moved some of them on already in Jan says it all. Some signed in the U23 for the future which is all good, but apart from Sterling and Thomas who are loans, all the perm signings are all very questionable.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You are missing the bigger picture. MR has told us they are not the finished article yet. When they are, and join a new club, they will score plenty.

I hope this makes you feel better.

I'm all for looking at transfers with one eye on the future (even though at this level it's a hiding to nothing as any that do come good are off sharpish and you're out looking again) but if you're going to spend decent money (for this league) on strikers as a manager you'd have to make sure at least one of them was capable of doing it decently enough for the first team pretty much straight away - he's first team manager after all, not development squad.

We'd already got prospects like Ponti to develop and then took on Bremang as well, so do we really need more? Hiwula's (24), JCH (24) and Bakayoko (23) have plenty of league games under their belt. They should be diamonds that have started to be smoothed off and prepared for polishing, not just being hacked out of the rock. None of them have records that can be described as prolific at their previous clubs, for whatever reason.

MR was unlucky with Biamou's injury and no-one has managed to fill his role in the team, but he did have opportunities to address it and bought different types of strikers instead, so that question is still valid to a degree.

pusbccfc

Whoever it is, Robins or Baldan. The recruitment in the summer has been one of the worst in years. It’s not as bad that summer when Thorn signed the biggest bunch of misfits ever. However, the so called first team players have been shocking. The fact we moved some of them on already in Jan says it all. Some signed in the U23 for the future which is all good, but apart from Sterling and Thomas who are loans, all the perm signings are all very questionable.

To be fair, it's nowhere near as bad as Mowbray in the second half of his season.

That was the worst.

SkyBlueCRJ

I like Robins but it’s becoming increasingly difficult to defend him. His stubbornness in attempting to fit square pegs into round holes stretches across every aspect of his management style from recruitment to match day tactics. Much of his decision making is very bizarre.

Londonccfcfan

He’s utter tripe. He can’t hold the ball uo - gillinghan were throwing so many forward at the end he was in space by accident most of the time. As I’ve said his reputation has grown as he never played - now he is people will see the reality

He is tripe, but hes got more potential or x factor than Chaplin.

Londonccfcfan

Thats true and tgats the funny thing about Chaplin which we heard from pompey fans fans is that his strength is he pulls trigger early.

Brad Pitman cant even get a place on pompey bench.

Struggle to find a worse group of strikers in league 1.

Londonccfcfan

His world record offside attempt at Blackpool will live long in the memory. Can he enter X Factor for that?
Yes i was there.

But hes got more goals in open play last 10 mins at Charlton than Chaplin has in x thousand mins more played.

Name a single team in this division whom you wouldnt swap our strikers for. Including teans at bottom of table like Plymouth (lameiras and ladapo) for example.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes i was there.

But hes got more goals in open play last 10 mins at Charlton than Chaplin has in x thousand mins more played.

Name a single team in this division whom you wouldnt swap our strikers for. Including teans at bottom of table like Plymouth (lameiras and ladapo) for example.

Luton and Pompey, we don’t want strikers knowing where the goal is

ceetee

Yes i was there.

And yet Lameiras was a favourite target for our boo boys when he was with us

Otis

We take far too long to pull the trigger, something like 60 or 70 percent of goals are scored with first time shots.

We constantly take one touch too many, which must be a confidence thing and allow the opposition to get a block in.
Yep, me and my mate keep commentating on the amount of shots that get blocked.

Anyone else notice a bit of a change in the pre match shooting regime.

They were trying a few different angles for a change.

Londonccfcfan

Yep, me and my mate keep commentating on the amount of shots that get blocked.

Anyone else notice a bit of a change in the pre match shooting regime.

They were trying a few different angles for a change.

Shocking.

You have a mate

larry_david

Shots are getting blocked because they are taking too long or an extra touch (or 3). Thomas in first half twice cut in from the right, beat his man and had the goal at his mercy and both times he just kept running towards the left. Pull the damn trigger man

Otis

Shots are getting blocked because they are taking too long or an extra touch (or 3). Thomas in first half twice cut in from the right, beat his man and had the goal at his mercy and both times he just kept running towards the left. Pull the damn trigger man
Bakayoko took an extra touch in the second half too.

Londonccfcfan

Quality of pitch doesn’t help making you want to take extra touch possibly. But in Saying that can’t use that excuse at away grounds with better pitches.

larry_david

Bakayoko took an extra touch in the second half too.
Yep took a touch which allowed the keeper to narrow the angle, allowing the save and rebound luckily.

That second miss I think he learnt from that and hit it first time, away from the keeper but clearly wide.

cc84cov

Thats true and tgats the funny thing about Chaplin which we heard from pompey fans fans is that his strength is he pulls trigger early.

Brad Pitman cant even get a place on pompey bench.

Struggle to find a worse group of strikers in league 1.
His confidence is shot I feel and his development went backwards as soon as robins thought he knew better than Pompey fans who watched him that he needs a target man robins thought he knew better played him behind a striker and sent his confidence as development backwards fast

cc84cov

Yep took a touch which allowed the keeper to narrow the angle, allowing the save and rebound luckily.

That second miss I think he learnt from that and hit it first time, away from the keeper but clearly wide.
I’d go with that I feel thr second one he tried to bend it away too much as the first one he hit too close to the Keeper he’s been out a while he’s not gonna be match sharp people have to remember.

stevefloyd

I don’t see robins being here past the summer we finished 7th in a league we should of won without being lucky with Sparky we would still be playing in league 2.first time round he had McGoldrick second time sparky if we had a proper football chairman no doubt the change would come a lot sooner some tough games coming up if things don’t go our way we could easily end up in a relegation battle baffles me the people who think were too good for that.A striker should of been a priority & signed this past window.
When Robins came back to us we were virtually down, he almost changed it round, last season he had to massively overhaul the squad so a new team. There wasn't many teams who played us off the park we mostly shot ourselves in the foot and yes we got promoted from 7th place, now whether we deserved that or not it don't matter because thats the rules, same as in a cup the winner takes it all.
This season was again a big overall because obviously last seasons team wasn't good enough especially to play a league higher, obviously some of the signings haven't worked, the same happens at all clubs even Manure, we are, as mentioned by lots of realistic posters on here, a team which will consolidate this season and hopefully push for promotion next season, things are ticking along and atm we are stuck in a rut but again it is only a player or 2 that can score that is keeping us in this rut...be realistic we all want instant success but what 'our' club has been through its going to take a little luck and a little more time, some frustrating days are ahead but hopefully some good ones are just around the corner

cc84cov

In fairness to Robins if we do stay up I think we got slightly lucky considering the poor recruitment we’ve had that 5 game run tells a story with us only 8 points off the drop zone I’ll snap anyone’s hand off to just consolidate this season and hopefully we build in the summer.

Weather Robins is given more fund after these latest bunch of wasters I’m
Not sure.

Brighton Sky Blue

When Robins came back to us we were virtually down, he almost changed it round, last season he had to massively overhaul the squad so a new team. There wasn't many teams who played us off the park we mostly shot ourselves in the foot and yes we got promoted from 7th place, now whether we deserved that or not it don't matter because thats the rules, same as in a cup the winner takes it all.
This season was again a big overall because obviously last seasons team wasn't good enough especially to play a league higher, obviously some of the signings haven't worked, the same happens at all clubs even Manure, we are, as mentioned by lots of realistic posters on here, a team which will consolidate this season and hopefully push for promotion next season, things are ticking along and atm we are stuck in a rut but again it is only a player or 2 that can score that is keeping us in this rut...be realistic we all want instant success but what 'our' club has been through its going to take a little luck and a little more time, some frustrating days are ahead but hopefully some good ones are just around the corner

The 16/17 should never have been relegated by that margin, he was simply redressing the balance. A lot of the L2 campaign was painful watching and characterised by a man refusing to alter a system which was ineffective. When he stumbled upon it by accident, the shackles came off and the goals flowed. Then he went back to the same shit as before.

Users who are viewing this thread