Robins message to sisu (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Interesting when he said from now on no club should be allowed to separate the golden share from the ground and training ground
Does he know something or is this a threat

Explain in simple terms for simple people like me please

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Interesting when he said from now on no club should be allowed to separate the golden share from the ground and training ground
Does he know something or is this a threat

I didnt hear him say it but presumably rather than a threat it would just be an acknowledgment of what a fucking shitshow we have been dealing with here for years

shmmeee

I guessed that but didn't want to fuxk up my reply ..

So is he saying that once they aquire it , it should stay that way ?

Does he think they are going to get it ?

Not sure why he'd say it

Off to buy champagne

Wow I've jumped the gun

Id guess he’s saying “this is a load of shit that never would have happened if the club owned the ground”. And he’s not wrong.

Cityandproud87

I guessed that but didn't want to fuxk up my reply ..

So is he saying that once they aquire it , it should stay that way ?

Does he think they are going to get it ?

Not sure why he'd say it

Off to buy champagne

Wow I've jumped the gun

The opposite of that I’m afraid

Colin Steins Smile

MR sounded fed up and he’s absolutely right a club and the ownership of stadium & training ground should be part of the “golden share”.
Lets hope our government doesn’t cave in to the corporates & bin the independent regulator, who would introduce this!

olderskyblue

Think the ownership comment may have been aimed at the council?

Worrying if so…

pusbccfc

Sounded utterly brassed off with everything

I wish he'd just come out and say it. I know he mentions the depth etc but just come out and make it clear that the ownership isn't supporting him.

AOM

Must be exhausting having to answer the same CWR "is it hard to prepare for the next game when you don't know if it's at the CBS?" question every week

13th_choice_seamer

Id guess he’s saying “this is a load of shit that never would have happened if the club owned the ground”. And he’s not wrong.
We did own it originally but had to sell our rights to it when we ran out of dosh - the real issue was that the club was losing millions per year, paying wages we couldn't afford whilst taking on a project far too big for us. What's really needed is some sort of regulation to prevent such disastrous owners running clubs in that way.

The Philosopher

We did own it originally but had to sell our rights to it when we ran out of dosh - the real issue was that the club was losing millions per year, paying wages we couldn't afford whilst taking on a project far too big for us. What's really needed is some sort of regulation to prevent such disastrous owners running clubs in that way.
Oddly, Wasps might be saying this verbatim in a few weeks time….

The Philosopher

I didnt hear him say it but presumably rather than a threat it would just be an acknowledgment of what a fucking shitshow we have been dealing with here for years
He says this in the second half of the prematch interview on iFollow. After CWR have done their bit an Irish interviewer has 20 mins and Robins talks about the golden share and ground then.

13th_choice_seamer

Oddly, Wasps might be saying this verbatim in a few weeks time….
Yep, the place is a poisoned chalice. Everything/everyone coming near it crumbles to dust. CCFC, Sisu, the council, Wasps and probably loads of others - it's been a disaster and the root cause is the crap location and the existence of bigger/better arena competitors in Brum.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was cursed or built on an Indian burial ground or something because we could get an exorcist in.....it'll take much more than that to turn the CBS into a success.

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins did at least used to be on good terms with Seppalla, from what we can tell even as recently as May/June.

That even he is now completely fed up says everything.

The Philosopher

Robins did at least used to be on good terms with Seppalla, from what we can tell even as recently as May/June.

That even he is now completely fed up says everything.
I’m not sure if the quote isn’t more aimed at the Council rather than Joy.

A bit of pressure to ensure that the club gets the stadium.

Can’t see MR going against Joy - not seen so before even when situation worse.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m not sure if the quote isn’t more aimed at the Council rather than Joy.

A bit of pressure to ensure that the club gets the stadium.

Can’t see MR going against Joy - not seen so before even when situation worse.

Did he not say he’d been told that fresh investment was coming in the summer?

fatso

I'm sure some clubs have sold their grounds (or training grounds) and leased them back, in order to raise funds to get round financial fair play rules.

Nuskyblue

I'm sure some clubs have sold their grounds (or training grounds) and leased them back, in order to raise funds to get round financial fair play rules.
Should not be allowed, and not restricted to football. Sport teams are community assets and should be ring-fenced imo

AJB1983

I know we’re galaxies apart in terms of resources and revenues generated, but Man City don’t own their ground, the council do. The club operate it and own the lease.
so the model can work, providing the agreements work for all parties in terms of money.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Explain in simple terms for simple people like me please
The powers that be, whatever happens, they should facilitate that and allow us to continue to play our games here because anything else is detrimental. The players, the staff, the club have been punched around far too long, the club should never be allowed to be separated from their stadiums or their training grounds and it should all go hand-in-hand with your golden share to play in the league, that's my opinion.

That's the quote, not 100% clear if he is talking about ownership of stadium in this aspect or just more protection should be put in place to stop rogue owners or unreasonable landlords causing issues with the stadium.

Saying it should be linked to the golden share. This can only be enforced by the Football League, so if a team was forced or chose to leave the stadium the football league would remove the golden share and disqualify them. We know the football league won't do this as seen by Northampton and Birmingham

fernandopartridge

I know we’re galaxies apart in terms of resources and revenues generated, but Man City don’t own their ground, the council do. The club operate it and own the lease.
so the model can work, providing the agreements work for all parties in terms of money.
The lease is 250 years so is effective ownership

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It reads to me that his personal opinion is that all football clubs should be linked via their golden share to their stadium and training ground permanently. I dont think it is a comment specific to our owners. In reality I am not sure how it could ever be achieved in this country

fatso

Should not be allowed, and not restricted to football. Sport teams are community assets and should be ring-fenced imo
I totally agree, owners are putting the long term futures of clubs at risk.

Ironically Financial fair play rules could be part of the problem as they don't insure that all a clubs assets are ring fenced under 1 management company.

Users who are viewing this thread