Robins Magic. (1 Viewer)

hamil99

Facebook User
The more I think about the type of players who do well at our club, the more I think about the type of players Robins likes to manage.

When you look at players like, Gyro, Bright, Hamer, Sheaf, McNulty and maybe even Kastaneer. They all have the talent or physical attributes to be successful footballers, but they are either confidence players or maybe one who needs an arm around the shoulder.

That's what Robins is good at, getting the best out of that type of player. Sometimes like Kastaneer it doesn't work out, but look at McNulty, what Robins got out of him, and how his career has gone since leaving.

I think that's what we look for in players. We can't afford the finished article but maybe someone who Robins can work his magic on mentally to reach the top of their potential.

ccfcmad1

That's the position the clubs in, we don't have money to chuck at the perfect player to fit we need to take calculated risks ie gyokores Robins saw enough in him while on loan to think he can get the best out of him with his ability. Then you have your kastaneers Jobellos, hilsner if they work out you get a bargain if they don't it's not cost the club massively, let's hope bright falls into the first category........

hamil99

Facebook User
That's the position the clubs in, we don't have money to chuck at the perfect player to fit we need to take calculated risks ie gyokores Robins saw enough in him while on loan to think he can get the best out of him with his ability. Then you have your kastaneers Jobellos, hilsner if they work out you get a bargain if they don't it's not cost the club massively, let's hope bright falls into the first category........

I think it's the niche market we are looking at, bags of potential but maybe lacking mental strength. I think quite a few of our previous successful players fall in that bracket. Robins gets the best out of them.

Happy_Martian

Da Costa has come in for a lot of stick recently but Robins has seen enough to keep him in the first team. He's shown that he's more than happy to bomb out those that aren't going to make it (see Jobello, Hillsner and Kasta). I think, given enough first team games and Robins guiding hands, Jules will come good too.

CDK

Decosta defensively was ok yesterday I felt and robins who watches him every day thinks he does a job and again a confidence player.
Robins has become better at making awesome players in improving them because of the sisu working model,and think as a manager has improved 100%.

Gint11

You’re always going to have signings that don’t work out but in the main our recruitment has been excellent - along with our conveyor belt of youngsters. It’s refreshing to see.

I always reference Burnley. I couldn’t name you half their team but they plod along in the top flight because Dyche signs players with certain attributes that FIT into the model, not signing names.

stay_up_skyblues

Given the number of players that have come good given time and development under MR you just can’t write DaCosta off yet. Even if he does look like he won a Kellogg’s competition to be a player for a day. Even more so with Waghorn who is proven.

The manager isn’t afraid to bomb them out once he’s had a good look so the fact Costa is currently getting in ahead of Pask suggests he’s shown something.

slowpoke

Da Costa has come in for a lot of stick recently but Robins has seen enough to keep him in the first team. He's shown that he's more than happy to bomb out those that aren't going to make it (see Jobello, Hillsner and Kasta). I think, given enough first team games and Robins guiding hands, Jules will come good too.
With DaCosta he is so frustrating for me, defensively to say the least he is dodgy but on the run with the ball at pace he has something going for him he seems to be more a leggy winger than a full back a bit like Jobello was I think he’s worth sticking with and see how he progresses.

fatso

I think DaCosta is being used out of necessity, we are thread bare when it comes to WB cover, if Maatsen or Dabo pick up long term injuries we are proper fucked!
Hopefully another defender will arrive this week to ease the problem.

Bugsy

Bugsy

The odds were greater than Elvis Pressley, Lord Lucan and Madeleine McCann appearing on Britains got talent together as a trio singing smack my bitch up while smoking weed and then getting abducted by aliens!

Sounds like a longshot... PUSB

Londonccfcfan

Given the number of players that have come good given time and development under MR you just can’t write DaCosta off yet. Even if he does look like he won a Kellogg’s competition to be a player for a day. Even more so with Waghorn who is proven.

The manager isn’t afraid to bomb them out once he’s had a good look so the fact Costa is currently getting in ahead of Pask suggests he’s shown something.

What I liked was how Robins in his post match interview quickly singled out praise for Waghorn and Da Costa. That's good man management appreciating the work done by everyone.

Also great To see Da Costa jumping off the bench and celebrating on touchline. Great to see.

Users who are viewing this thread