Robins: "It was a real bad day at the office" (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/robins-on-crewe-defeat-640781.aspx

"We have to remember it is only half-time and it isn't over. I know it is a big ask now and I imagine there is a full-house there which will make it more difficult."

"I think we created plenty of chances and we were good going forward, but we were done on the counter and to concede those goals was very disappointing."

"Their game-plan worked as we sought out to put on a show for the huge crowd who got right behind the side tonight, but as we looked to put on a show, they were able to absorb the pressure."

"If we took one of our early chances, I think it would have been a totally different game, but we didn't and they were able to take advantage of that.

"We just couldn't get a goal and we conceded the three goals on the counter-attack. It was like a knife through butter."

"It was a real bad day at the office but we have to try and overhaul that. It will be difficult as we wanted to come away with a decent scoreline.

"It wasn't to be and we have to go again. The Crewe keeper has made some great saves and it is amazing that we never got a goal.

"We got the ball into some good areas but we weren't able to take advantage. We have to bounce back and I am sure the players will respond."

Brighton Sky Blue

Saying the right things but deep down he knows there's no coming back from this result-simply a very harsh lesson on the importance of taking your chances.

Sky Blue Pete

His worst interview yet but he is probably shell shocked like us! Thought he would talk about Yeovil and how we have the perfect opportunity to get the season back on track

cmoncity

i am downbeat but you have to believe if crewe can come here and score 3 surley we can go there and do the same why not!

Covstu

it was embarrassing that we lost 0-3, he clearly did not see that coming and nor did we. Pure gutless performance which made most of the supporters angry. Their game plan was to hit us on the counter which worked well but even they did not think that they would get three, easy money for them, sadly:mad::mad::mad:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Saying the right things but deep down he knows there's no coming back from this result-simply a very harsh lesson on the importance of taking your chances.
Hey

We just did this to make it interesting

You know like when Usain Bolt lost to Yohan Blake in the build up the London 2012 to make the Olympics interesting only to blow him out of the water in the final

We are Usain Bolt and Crewe are Yohan Blake

It will make getting to the final an even greater achievement

CovMatt1987

i am downbeat but you have to believe if crewe can come here and score 3 surley we can go there and do the same why not!

If it was a one off league game absolutely we could go there and win, and win by 3. but they are going to make it so difficult for us now. I cant see us doing it in all honesty but if we get an early goal who knows

Brighton Sky Blue

Hey

We just did this to make it interesting

You know like when Usain Bolt lost to Yohan Blake in the build up the London 2012 to make the Olympics interesting only to blow him out of the water in the final

We are Usain Bolt and Crewe are Yohan Blake

It will make getting to the final an even greater achievement

If we lose 3 times to them in as many weeks I won't live it down!

fernandopartridge

it was embarrassing that we lost 0-3, he clearly did not see that coming and nor did we. Pure gutless performance which made most of the supporters angry. Their game plan was to hit us on the counter which worked well but even they did not think that they would get three, easy money for them, sadly:mad::mad::mad:

Clueless, could accuse them of plenty but being gutless isn't one of them.

georgehudson

a classic smash & grab raid, with all of the back four found out,
it can be rectified & i suspect MR knows this,
additionally, a referee who was at best obeisant,
PUSB

Mucca Mad Boys

a classic smash & grab raid, with all of the back four found out,
it can be rectified & i suspect MR knows this,
additionally, a referee who was at best obeisant,
PUSB

I'd just say our CBs are found out, in particular, Edj.

Adams is good, Christie was decent (ish) today and is a good player (as is Clarke), focus needs to be on getting 2 CBs ASAP, our CBs are wank!

Mucca Mad Boys

Something needs to be done about defence, maybe time to give Cameron a chance

I hope MR has been working on his distribution like with Murphy, he gets scared when the ball comes to his feet!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I hope MR has been working on his distribution like with Murphy, he gets scared when the ball comes to his feet!

Yea I know I always worry when the ball is passed to Cameron as i think he is going to mis control it, lets hope it has been worked on or we may need to get a loan in

Mucca Mad Boys

Yea I know I always worry when the ball is passed to Cameron as i think he is going to mis control it, lets hope it has been worked on or we may need to get a loan in

When I think Edj should be dropped, I also think of MK Dons at home when thinking should Cameron replace him, that game was terrible for us because we couldn't pass ball from the back effectively.

georgehudson

all good & interesting posts, but,
1st goal, edge should have taken one,
2nd goal, wood in nowhere land,
& 3rd goal, adams adrift of the play,
all that said, crewe were disciplined & capitalised on our hesitation

mattylad

I get the feeling Robins knows he got his tactics wrong and should have reverted to 4 5 1 from the off

Lord_Nampil

Every one who goes on about Murphy shouting at players etc during games don't seem to realise the leadership and organisation we lacked when he went off! It wasnt the main reason why we lost last night, I think Robins got his starting line up wrong as well but Dunn coming on at half time really affected us too much sadly and allowed Crewe to relax as they new they had a massive chance, Even though we pounded there goal for 90 mins!

Last edited:

Diehard Si

There are just some days like this in sport.

We totally dominated them outside of the goalie department. We won nearly all 50/50's, our wide men often skinned 2 or 3 defenders at the same time to get a cross in.

25 shots!

Our final ball was just awful last night. It just seemed like the ball would never go in. Big crowd nerves perhaps.

So frustrating but that's City for you.

covcity4life

There are just some days like this in sport.

We totally dominated them outside of the goalie department. We won nearly all 50/50's, our wide men often skinned 2 or 3 defenders at the same time to get a cross in.

25 shots!

Our final ball was just awful last night. It just seemed like the ball would never go in. Big crowd nerves perhaps.

So frustrating but that's City for you.

agreed. but just so gutted ours came at a sold out ricoh semi final

Users who are viewing this thread