as a player a winner

FA Cup: 1990
FA Charity Shield: 1990
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1991
UEFA Super Cup: 1991
Football League Cup: 1997

CovisGod

Robins is

Best of a bad bunch, suck it up and hopefully he can get us playing again, can the pessimism, doesn't help.

JulianDarbyFTW

A) Unproven? Not really. Did a good job at Rotherham and kept Barnsley in the Championship, which would have been their aim.
B) How do you know?
C) Really? Then why did he resign from Barnsley? Oh, that's right, because the board wouldn't match his ambition.
D) Yes, hopefully he is. Not my first choice, I admit, but there were far worse options being discussed.

Out of interest, who did you want?

usskyblue

With regards to Barnsley's board not matching his ambition...

...I hope he's lowered his ambition accordingly..

skyblue1523

A. Unproven
B. Not an ass kicker
C. Not a winner
D. Unfortunately goin to be the new gaffer

Which of the above is Mark Robins?

Answer: All of the above!!
robins as never been sacked as a manager got both teams playing good football and left both teams in a better postion and he also found some gems as players plus the fans of both clubs did'nt want him to go (that says alot to me)

SkyBlueJot

He has not even picked his first team and people are having a go! Bigger names than Robbins have been here and failed. Maybe, just maybe, he can unify the team and get some results. Once he has been confirmed, surely he deserves a chance.

kepit 2 yusen

Now officially announced. I was talking to the club about my lad being a mascot at pompey game next year as it broke - no secret tho !

Becksy

My mate is a die hard Rotheram supporter and he describes Robins as "Bloody Brilliant!!!" this and the fact that when he took over at Rotheram and then Barnsley both clubs were bottom of the league, Rotheram nearly got promoted despite a 17 point deduction and Barnsley stayed up.

Personally I think this is potentially a very good move and ceratainly a better option than the vast majority of the other names linked with the job.

I for one wish him luck but hope the miserable fucker fans give him a chance for once as already people are writing him off which I find very strange?

skyblueman

Robins is going to be manager..... It's a good result for us

LETS ALL GET BEHIND HIM EVERYONE AND THE THE WHOLE TEAM

SkyblueBazza

A. Unproven
B. Not an ass kicker
C. Not a winner
D. Unfortunately goin to be the new gaffer

Which of the above is Mark Robins?

Answer: All of the above!!

IF it is him...he'll be welcomed. Especially if he is "not an ass kicker". Players are adults. Adults respond better to well thought out coaching & appropriate encouragement. I would respond in kind to an "ass-kicker" by kicking them back. We do not know what any of these managers are really like - even Fergie it's all rumour & speculation...or maybe just to sell a story/book.

ajsccfc

The important thing MrHorse1982 is that you gave him precisely 0 minutes in charge before criticising him. We need more great support like this.

skyblue1523

I will be behind him as he will be manager of my team but felt the need to air my disappointment
He will change your mind just give him time this in my eyes is the best we could have hoped for the guys a winner just let him prove it you will be happy im sure in 3 months time

Diehard Si

We're second from bottom of the 3rd tier.

We are broke.

Beggars can't really be choosers. I think he's a fairly good appointment, not going to set the world alight, but then again we all expected miracles from past managers and nothing happened.

Slow and steady wins the race.

skyblueman

We're second from bottom of the 3rd tier.

We are broke.

Beggars can't really be choosers. I think he's a fairly good appointment, not going to set the world alight, but then again we all expected miracles from past managers and nothing happened.

Slow and steady wins the race.

I think he's going to be really good

MrHorse1982

I will happily stand up and say I was wrong when he lifts us and I hope he does, last nites game just really left me battered and bruised. Let's hope for a massive turn around

sky blue john

He was on my short list of three the other two were not.
Obviously we will have some baffoons on here maybe trolls trying to stir things.
F & W nearly fucked it up !!!
Hopefully everyone might start to be a bit realistic now and give the manager a couple of games to make a difference. wink smiley on mobile.

cloughie

I bet Mr horse is a great laugh to go to the pub with his doom and gloom and this before Robbins has even been officially anounced.

If Robbins loses that first match oh just the thought of it has almost proved you right :whistle:

Black6Osprey

.. Not my first choice.

However no matter what we all think of him, he's got the job now and I for one am fully behind him and pray he does well.

withers

yes, give him a chance. remember for almost 2 season we've had a scout and ex-player as managers - neither with any experience in management.
Only concern for me - I don't know what the situation with the board at Barnsley was but he'll probably have to put up with much worse here

sky blue john

We will never know how Ince would have done. And if you like Robins you ought to give credit to the men for having him high on their shortlist.

CM i think F&W just got lucky on this one.
I still think it doesn't matter unless the manager is supported with 4 or 5 loan signings.
Anyway its not been officially anounced yet Robins might reject it aswell !!!!

sidskyblue1967

If it is Mark Robins ........ it will be interesting to hear how the " players" refer to him

Robbsy anyone ?

Robinsy ?

Gaffer would be a change .... I hope that if it is him , some of the Fergie mentality has rubbed off .

PUSB

SID

singers_pore

It's very premature to make a decision before the guy has even arrived. Think back to 1961(ish?). City have just lost to King's Lynn and appointed JH.

A. Unproven - correct JH has never managed before
B. Not an ass kicker - can't say anything about this for Robins or JH (based on pre-appointment information)
C. Not a winner - correct JH was not a top top player

I'm not saying Robins is going to be the next JH. But FFS at least give the guy a chance.

FWIW, I don't think any manager has a hope while SISU are in charge. The main reason for our success in the 60s was down to one Derrick Robins. Maybe that surname is a lucky omen. I certainly hope so.:):):)

Users who are viewing this thread