Robins is greater than Guardiola (1 Viewer)

messiahrobins

If Robins had been given the money Guardiola has over the years he would have won more champions league and wouldnt send his goalkeeper to hit a penalty 4th up because he took his best penalty takers off.
Genuinely baffles me why Robins hasnt been snapped up by one of the worlds biggest clubs, i dont buy for one minute he couldnt deal with all the big egos of the likes of Haaland etc. Obviously delighted he hasnt been and i hope he stays here for life.
He and his coaching staff have every year transformed average players into top class players and that is a test of a great manager. Guardiola has never actually done that.
Yes, many of you will roll your eyes, but with the Fa Cup semi final looming and the world's press likely paying this site the odd visit i thought id post this thread to show the reverence we all have to Robins, our Messiah.

JimmyHillsbeard

If Robins had been given the money Guardiola has over the years he would have won more champions league and wouldnt send his goalkeeper to hit a penalty 4th up because he took his best penalty takers off.

I know plenty of people who claim we should have used Wilson to take the first sudden death penalty at Wembley last year

Hobo

The OP has a very simplistic view of the world and management.

Robins has been superb, but he is in an environment that suits him. Working with a type of player that suits him.

On paper anybody should be able to win trophies at Manchester City because of the money. But in real life it is not that simple.

skybluecam

Robins has been superb, but he is in an environment that suits him. Working with a type of player that suits him.

On paper anybody should be able to win trophies at Manchester City because of the money. But in real life it is not that simple.
Exactly. He didn’t set the world alight at Huddersfield or Scunthorpe after he left us the first time round. There’s something about the combination of manager and club that just works, it might not be the same elsewhere. MR himself also knows that, said as much in interviews.

Samo

Exactly. He didn’t set the world alight at Huddersfield or Scunthorpe after he left us the first time round. There’s something about the combination of manager and club that just works, it might not be the same elsewhere. MR himself also knows that, said as much in interviews.

Yeah it happens from time to time, didn't Alan Curbishley do a similar thing at Charlton years ago? Some clubs/managers just fit for some reason.

Otis

Yeah it happens from time to time, didn't Alan Curbishley do a similar thing at Charlton years ago? Some clubs/managers just fit for some reason.
Yeah, Curbishley was a great manager at one point.

Next thing, he's pushing trollies in the Lidl car park (well it looked like him anyway)

blunted

MR good manager but Adi added the X factor. Great together. Guardiola breathes different air to MR. Different challenges to win something every year. Can't see MR managing Barca, Bayern or Man City.

messiahrobins

Naive post that. You are ebing brainwashed by lamestream media. Guardiola has been protected for a long time, ask Mourinho btw.

Hobo

Naive post that. You are ebing brainwashed by lamestream media. Guardiola has been protected for a long time, ask Mourinho btw.
Brainwashed? I haven't been pressurized or manipulated into adopting any views by the media. Also, for your record, I am not particularly a fan of Guardiola.

hinckley cov

Guardiola couldn’t have done the job Robins has done here, he’s always been at the best club in the league or the richest or both.

Frostie

Guardiola couldn’t have done the job Robins has done here, he’s always been at the best club in the league or the richest or both.

MR on Pep:

"We're both good in our own fields. I'm sure he couldn't run and manage a successful EFL side with all the off field distractions & I couldn't do what.... well, I could do what he does, and I think he knows that."

Hobo

But that doesn't necessarily mean Robins could have achieved what Guardiola has at Man City?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I often wonder how Pep would do at an average club where he couldn't just buy the best players.

Don't think he could adapt his ethos to suit lesser able players, so would be relying very heavily on coaching it into them.

Users who are viewing this thread