Robins hopes to keep Adams but McDonald and O'Donovan set for loans (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

After securing the services of Franck Moussa, Coventry City manager Mark Robins is also hoping to keep hold of left-back Blair Adams on a more permanent deal from Sunderland.

The 21-year-old is due to play the last game of his loan spell at Tottenham on Saturday but the City boss has revealed he is trying to extend the loan or do something more permanently with the defender who is out of contract at the Stadium of Light at the end of the season.

Going the other way, Robins revealed that strikers Cody McDonald and Roy O’Donovan could be loaned out to get games.

McDonald has slipped down the pecking order in recent weeks, so much so that he is not even been included on the bench, and has been linked with a move back to League Two Gillingham although Robins was keen to stress any deal would be a loan and not a permanent basis.

dongonzalos

It's an interesting comment.

If Cody goes and bangs in a few goals in January/February

He could be handy for a recall.

I am sure he only needs a solid run of games

stupot07

He probably wants him to go out and score some goals in the hope of recouping some of the £400k we spent on him in the summer. He's not worth much will he's sat in the stand.

ccfcway

Will definitely need a new striker in if both of them are leaving

Yer, just leaves Clarke, Elliott, Ball and Jeffers fighting for one place up front.

If Ball goes back and we get rid of Jeffers, maybe there is money for another striker, but in reality, Clarke, Elliott and Ball should be enough for one spot.

Imagine having 5 or 6 GK's on the books...

SkyBlue_Bear83

Possibly wants him to gain fitness to come back next season or as said maybe to put him himself in the transfer window

Mucca Mad Boys

Yer, just leaves Clarke, Elliott, Ball and Jeffers fighting for one place up front.

If Ball goes back and we get rid of Jeffers, maybe there is money for another striker, but in reality, Clarke, Elliott and Ball should be enough for one spot.

Imagine having 5 or 6 GK's on the books...

Ball: hasn't scored a goal in the league yet.
Jeffers: Get the feeling he isn't good enough
Elliott: looks ok, but is he good enough for a team who is chasing autos?
Clarke: by far our best striker - thanks Astute for pointing out.

We need a striker, especially if we're planning to play 4-4-2 (which I hope not)

GK is a different position, you will only play 1 GK in the season as they hardly get injured and your best GK is often a LOT better than your sub, so If he is out of form, will be more likely to stay in the team.

Also, strikers can get injured lose form, you use more STs than GKs.

Last edited:

Astute

Ball: hasn't scored a goal in the league yet. Give him a chance
Jeffers: Get the feeling he isn't good enough Still young
Elliott: looks ok, but is he good enough for a team who is chasing autos? 2 goals when he last started. Has played at a higher level
Clarke: by far our best player. Our best player that has 1 sub appearance for us

Not going to disagree with you, but wait to make decisions on how good or not the players are.

Mucca Mad Boys

Not going to disagree with you, but wait to make decisions on how good or not the players are.

Jeffers: I took that into account, but hasn't done well in his loans to Tamworth and Cheltenham!
Ball: got a run in the team, still didn't score, doesn't look like he can lead the line tbh

suddsy101

I think Jeffers has got a lot of potential.Only problem is that when he was a tamworth he didnt even score.Bit woorying. However against Hinckley he looked like he had pace. Id like to see him on the wing once Mcshefery gets too old to play and start every game.

Ash

SBT, how can you say Elliot looks 'ok' after his goals against MK Dons and his finish against Sheffied United earlier in the season. I personally think he's pretty valuable to us at the moment, him and Clarke could score a lot of goals between them!

Mucca Mad Boys

I think Jeffers has got a lot of potential.Only problem is that when he was a tamworth he didnt even score.Bit woorying. However against Hinckley he looked like he had pace. Id like to see him on the wing once Mcshefery gets too old to play and start every game.

I don't think he has the potential to play for CCFC, if he got a run and did well, good on him. But isn't he 21 and still hasn't got near a start yet!? Leaving it late.

Mucca Mad Boys

SBT, how can you say Elliot looks 'ok' after his goals against MK Dons and his finish against Sheffied United earlier in the season. I personally think he's pretty valuable to us at the moment, him and Clarke could score a lot of goals between them!

What about his miss v PNE?

He's a decent player who could make an impact off the bench.

Ash

All strikers miss chances, you can't question his value to our promotion push just because of one miss against Preston.

stupot07

To be fair Ash whilst his finishes were excellent he has only scored goals in 2 of his 13 appearances for us. He has 3 in 13 which is pretty much his career average goalscoring rate at every club he's been.

He's ok, but he's not a goalscorer.

Users who are viewing this thread