robert earnshaw.....? (1 Viewer)

skybluearmy88

he was at the game tonight, sat in the boxes and a few people on facebook are claiming he is coming to cov, the guy who runs "sky blues" facebook page sits in one of the boxes and also claimed he had seen him and spoke to people who had said he was joining, what do we reckon lads? any truth in the rumours?

mi1o

I know someone mentioned him a little while back and a few people said they wouldnt want him. Personally i always liked Rob Earnshaw and i think him and Clarke could do really well upfront together. Robins wanted DMc and Clarke upfront together so maybe he sees Earnshaw as a replacement for DMc, personally i hope its true.

Edit*** - Provided his wage demands arent too high.

Last edited:

ricohman

There way be truth in earnshaw joining us ad someone did mention it a week or 2 ago, they said it was from a good source so i guess the source is good

I would be surprised and happy to see him here. he would blitz this league... still time for him to get 20 -25 goals, seriously the guy is championhip class and could get in way too many in that league to seriosuly consider us. the only way he would come is money, and thats something we aint got. apparently

rupert_bear

Very much on the cards.....apparently, from what i was told last night our owners see promotion as the only realistic chance of getting a lump of money back. A short term contract to the summer wouldn't cost the earth. How old is he ?

kg82

If we got him I think it would be a great signal of intent. At 31 he's by no means past it and I think a manager like Robins could get him playing well again. If it's true, of course, but I have heard the rumours on Facebook today also.

CarpyCov84

If he really was at the game last night i would be very confident in the deal personally we have a good relationship with Cardiff ex players there etc could see this happening fingers crossed.

Astute

If he really was at the game last night i would be very confident in the deal personally we have a good relationship with Cardiff ex players there etc could see this happening fingers crossed.

They have a better relationship with ex Cov players though

dongonzalos

Hope is was there for us and not Tranmere.

About time we had a an ugly short welshFootballer who knows where the net is.

That should work :)

When you look at the out of favour championship strikers he is the best.

WestEndAgro

Rumors floating round at halftime last night that he IS joining us, but again nothing concrete as yet.

AFCCOVENTRY

If he did come it would be a loan deal. He is in high wages though so not sure what % we would pay.

However, it seems a rumour to me as very few people seem to have seen him.

torchomatic

There's definitely some truth in this. Luckily I snapped this photo of him last night. You can clearly see the three spires and the Ricoh.

Attachments

• pg64-rockets-sportsfile.jpg
    pg64-rockets-sportsfile.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 133

kg82

Why does everyone think he'll be on such high wages? Surely players know that if you haven't done a great deal in the last few years then a drop in wages is pretty inevitable? So is it a guess that he'd be out of our price range or is it known? Cardiff will more than likely be looking to get him off the books as he doesn't seem part of their plans.

sotv1987

I know someone mentioned him a little while back and a few people said they wouldnt want him. Personally i always liked Rob Earnshaw and i think him and Clarke could do really well upfront together. Robins wanted DMc and Clarke upfront together so maybe he sees Earnshaw as a replacement for DMc, personally i hope its true.

Edit*** - Provided his wage demands arent too high.

I mentioned it about a week or so ago in a thread, it was also mentioned that he was her to keep himself fit as he has no club at the moment, i would n't mind seeing him here, but could we afford him??

Astute

I mentioned it about a week or so ago in a thread, it was also mentioned that he was her to keep himself fit as he has no club at the moment, i would n't mind seeing him here, but could we afford him??

Is Wood leaving? If so then yes.

If he don't have a club at the moment any wage is better than no wage and playing is better than not playing.

Just a rumour so far though.

CUS Wyken

Can't really see him coming here with our wage budget and robins only likes to play one striker

If we can free Cody and ROD, that will spare wages up for Earnshaw. He'll want 6k-8k a week i imagine. I'd say Cody is on 5k and ROD on 3k so wages wouldn't be an issue.

rupert_bear

As regards wages i have been told that a 100k a year is the norm and our highest is 7k a week. So 3k a week for ROD is probably correct, who came here on a free transfer so things like signing on fees etc are calculated in. Good job being a pro-footballer at any level.

Lecko

He was on Soccer AM on Saturday, and said he has a contract until the end of the season, so he'll still be picking up some wages, depends on how much he wants to play first team football

CarpyCov84

His previous scoring record means he will always be taken on by a club hoping they can get lucky and he re-discover his form which made his name at Cardiff

covcity4life

would love him but also dont want to play 4-4-2 so not sure how it would work
maybe hell be a super sub like kevin phillips?

Users who are viewing this thread