Robbie retiring. (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

do you think Robbie would consider finishing off this season playing it out at the Ricoh! (in my dreams methinks)

NorthernWisdom

A6nDLXeCEAAQ7y7.jpg_large.jpe

higgs

He was at his best with us with the trickery and dribbling he lost that part of his game very early on in his career but became more of a fox in the box goalscorer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Great Eastern

Robinson bought him didn't he? Got a nice return on investment in a year.
Wasn't Robinson although the name of the relevant director escapes me. Nice bit of business from his point of view. Lend the club the 6 million at a preferential rate of interest then trouser the 13 million when Keano got sold... Allegedly....

pipkin73

From what I remember it ran like they do with buying horses. If they flop you get nothing back but if they are sold on you get what they are sold for. Sure there was an article in the CT at the time explaining it. Only risk to club was wages and having players who they would make no money on and could be sold at any point without the club getting a say in it.

fernandopartridge

From what I remember it ran like they do with buying horses. If they flop you get nothing back but if they are sold on you get what they are sold for. Sure there was an article in the CT at the time explaining it. Only risk to club was wages and having players who they would make no money on and could be sold at any point without the club getting a say in it.
Yeah called the Newmarket scheme I think mate.

oucho

Robbie has more talent in his little finger than that prick Brand has got in his whole body. Beckham is massively overrated too, while we're at it.

To be honest I hadn't realised that Robbie HADN'T retired but fair play to him, he never got the credit he deserved IMO. Some Spurs mates of mine liked to moan about him but there's not many players who have scored so many goals at the top level for so long.

Robbie mate even though you only had a shortish spell with us, you're still a club legend and welcome back any time. Good luck to you in your future ventures.

Users who are viewing this thread