Rob Jones (1 Viewer)

Stuart Linnell has just tweeted that: "CCFC chasing Sheffield Wednesday captain - defender Rob Jones."

Because thats what we need....another defender!!!!

Cue threads stating that Linnell is a retard who knows 'nothin bout nothin'

rob9872

Never been the same since his Liverpool days

Bertola

This has come from someone on twitter putting it, i saw it earlier. Linnell in his usual style has take this and ran with it as if he has some inside knowledge.

Much like he did when i made up the Clive Platt to Leicester rumour in the last window to see how long it'd take to get on city forums.

I never expected it to make an interview with Clive Platt in the telegraph though!

kapowaz

He's a broadcaster, used to be on CWR and (back in the day) Mercia Sound. Pretty sure he's a City fan. I'm surprised a CCFC fan wouldn't have heard of him, but then I don't live locally any more so I'm not sure just what he's involved with in the area.

Nonleagueherewecome

He'd be a really good signing! A ball-playing defender who can play in the holding role as well as either full-back position. Of course that does eerily fit the description of another player who we already have...but I'd say the "2 moves in one window" rule makes it impossible.

spwaverley4916

I don't listen to the radio so that's why i've never heard of him I guess.
Stuart Linnell MBE, BA(Hons), HonMA is a broadcaster who is particularly well known in the Coventry and Warwickshire area, and in Northamptonshire. He was involved with Coventry based Mercia Sound for 15 years and also presented the breakfast shows at both BBC Coventry & Warwickshire and BBC WM (which serves Birmingham and the wider West Midlands).
He currently presents the weekday Lunchtime Consumer Show on BBC Radio Northampton[1] and The Sunday Breakfast Show on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.[2]

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought it was the ex-Preston Rob Jones, who is pretty good. But it's the ex-Hibs and Scunthorpe Rob Jones, who is a huge donkey of a CB who can't pass. I don't think he can play anywhere other than CB, and again, he would not fit into our style of play.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I thought it was the ex-Preston Rob Jones, who is pretty good. But it's the ex-Hibs and Scunthorpe Rob Jones, who is a huge donkey of a CB who can't pass. I don't think he can play anywhere other than CB, and again, he would not fit into our style of play.
They are referring to the huge donkey of a CB who played for Scunthorpe, don't think there is anything in this rumour.
Who is the ex preston Rob Jones as I can't find anything about him on the web.

Nonleagueherewecome

I got confused, it's Billy Jones I was thinking of. Who is way too good for us I expect :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread