Rob Gurney v Clive Eakin (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

HerneBayGaz

In one interview Winch mentioned to robins that Trish Adudu was going to a show naked if they get promoted

Let's hope we do don't get promoted then.
Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land

EalingSB

Clive has been brilliant - huge improvement on some of the commentators other clubs have.

He’ll always have the legacy of the way he called Vik’s solo goal v Wigan this season:

Gyökeres battling for it there, he’s won it

He’s getting his shirt pulled, he doesn’t mind

He shrugs it off

He’s still going, Gyökeres

Can he go all the way? You bet he can

What a goal. What a goal by Viktor Gyökeres

Picked up on the halfway line, they couldn’t stop him

They pulled his shirt, they kicked at his feet, they couldn’t reach him

He went all the way and slotted it past the goalkeeper'

To win the game for Coventry City

its a buzzard

Clive and Oggy are excellent, and can be relied on to crank up the excitement tomorrow. Bring it on. 3-1 City.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

JulianDarbyFTW

I often wonder if Clive still sees Tranmere as his team, or if he now supports us. He commentates like a supporter now, whereas at first it sounded like he was just an impartial observer. I love the guy now, but it did take him a while to start sounding like he really cared. And I still laugh randomly at the "pulling off ballboys at half time" clip.

PVA

Clive is great, even if we do play against the actual opposition plus Swansea, Ipswich, Blackpool and Sheffield Wednesday every game.

And for someone who came to the job with no affection for the club it's clear he really cares now.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

When city score, Clive goes absolutely bonkers and really adds to the occasion. He's improved vastly in recent times. I remember that goal by Gyokores against Wigan when he ( Gyokores not Clive) ran from the half way line . Brilliant commentary.

andy86

Rob Gurney fell out with Strachan didn’t he? Strachan refused to talk to CWR in Gurney’s latter days due to criticism he received, so the BBC moved him over to WM.

Never really liked Adam Dent. He was a Wolves fan, and could be quite patronising about CCFC.

Eakin is a Tranmere fan, but I believe he went to Warwick Uni and watched CCFC regularly during that time. So he did have an affinity with the club before switching to CWR.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Rob Gurney all the way! Passionate commentary and a top bloke to work with. He was happy enough to come to my leaving do when I left CWR.

Grendel

I hope Clive’s never I’ll and Lorna Bailey sits in - what a tortuous listen that was on the way here

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Given Oggy isn't a trained commentator I think he does brilliantly I like Clive too always passionate gets a few things wrong but meh.

A "trained commentator" what Qualifications do you need to be a commentator ?

Deity

I’d forgotten how arrogant Adam Dent was.

I’m not sure Gurney left for more money … I think he fell out with Strachan and he found it hard to be objective about a team he supported.

pusbccfc

I hope Clive’s never I’ll and Lorna Bailey sits in - what a tortuous listen that was on the way here

I think Lorna does a great job. She's got a different, informal approach.

Can see why some wouldn't like the fancast but I enjoy it

Reactions: TTG

Adge

I think Lorna does a great job. She's got a different, informal approach.

Can see why some wouldn't like the fancast but I enjoy it
Mmm, not for me. A PR tick in the local radio box for “Auntie” I’m afraid.

AJB1983

Both legends - fact Clive has been doing it for 20 years now too means he must care and is proper invested in the team - and agree him and Oggy do work well together - Oggy much better than I ever thought he’d be (curious how he always refers to us as ‘Coventry’ rather than ‘us’ or ‘we’ - almost being slightly impartial).
But didn’t Rob Gurney do one this season when Clive was off? I heard him on way home after and was like “Rob gurney?!”
was a pleasant surprise.

blunted

Clive and Oggy are the best on the radio for City games. No contest, even if they get the teams we are playing wrong from time to time. Was a bit miffed with his no BBC bias regarding SISU which meant he was often the devil's advocate when I thought it was unnecessary. Nevertheless, that is in the past. Opposing experts range from the unbelievably biased to the grossly incompetent. Another area where Clive has improved is when the opposition look dangerous. Now he is more considered. Previously, I used to have a heart attack listening to him thinking they were always going to score. Perhaps he is now our lucky mascot?

AndreasB

If we got to the Prem it would also be a massive career high for Clive after 20 years of driving up to the likes of Carlisle, Colchester and Orient etc

Instead he would be enjoying a nice pre match buffet whilst rubbing shoulders with Sky, the Five Live lot and Fleet Streets finest at Spurs and Old Trafford .

Oggy has made him a better host and commentator. He clearly hated having to do the phone in on his own and now he can just tell the idiots to “Talk to Oggy” and they usually backtrack when he puts them right.

Skybluemichael

Rob Gurney fell out with Strachan didn’t he? Strachan refused to talk to CWR in Gurney’s latter days due to criticism he received, so the BBC moved him over to WM.

Never really liked Adam Dent. He was a Wolves fan, and could be quite patronising about CCFC.

Eakin is a Tranmere fan, but I believe he went to Warwick Uni and watched CCFC regularly during that time. So he did have an affinity with the club before switching to CWR.
Yes the club stopped talking to him, talks about it about 26 mins in Sky Blues Fancast: A Coventry City Podcast - Rob Gurney - BBC Sounds

TTG

Anyone know what gurno's doing in the press box today?

its a buzzard

Having had to suffer talksport tonight, Eakin wanks them to pieces. And finishes them off.
He and Oggy were great tonight, and McSheffrey chipping in with "This could eat in to our hands" just after Gus scored. What the flying fuck? Who cares, the raucous scenes at the final whistle had me grinning from ear to ear.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread