RIP OldSkyBlue58 (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueChris

As alot of others have said, I rarely post, never met OSB but defo looked out for all of his valuable insight and knowledge that benefitted so many people on here!

RIP OSB you will be missed greatly on here!!

CJ_covblaze

ruralcov

So sad to hear this as osb has been part of my sky blue journey for years. His insight into whatever financial disaster was unfurling was so helpful to really understand what was going on. He would be the first post to read and the patience he showed to all other posters whether they deserved it or not was a credit to him. We could all be more like Mark. Pusb and puosb

Last edited:

hazuk

Having always enjoyed and appreciated the financial translations of OldSkyBlue58 over the years, it turns out I'd unknowingly met the man behind the pseudonym after he very generously gave me work experience at his accountancy firm in the early 2000s - I seem to remember he even gave me a few quid at the end of it despite not having to. Like others, I was a bit choked at this news anyway but this makes it all the more poignant. My greatest sympathy to his family and friends - cheers Mark PUSB

Calista

Just had a look at his profile on here and there's a nice little reminder for all of us in his signature

"Enjoy yourself its later than you think"
Thank you Mr. P, I’m sure OSB58 is up there somewhere very pleased that you’ve highlighted his message to everyone.

On his donation page I do love the photo of him steering the boat, such moments are what life is made of.

Briles

Always sad when we have to say goodbye to someone from the forum. I think everyone brings a bit of something but he definitely was a valued member with great contributions. Condolences.

Warwickhunt

You will be so missed by the Skyblue community! You were our stability in communicating to all.😢 we shall miss you so very much. Condolences 🙏 to all the family 😪😪

Very sad news. Rarely post on here but always like to read various comments. OSB however was a must read for his insight on the accounts every year. Always made perfect sense and set it out in layman's terms. RIP You will be missed.

Flying Fokker

Well, dont Know what to think. All of the above and my thoughts go out to family and people who are struggling to come to terms with Mark’s sudden loss. I never met him but think I’d have liked him. I appreciated his humour and his sharing thoughts on our financial plight.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Hiraeth

Very sad news. RIP OSB58 Mark - I always looked forwards to reading his posts as they were usually very informative and measured. He will be missed. My thoughts are with his loved ones.

rondog1973

Always the go to if you wanted the financial gubbins explaining, helping all to understand the motivations of the warring factions of the past 10 or so years. RIP.

stupot07

RIP oldskyblue58. Will miss his annual brilliant financial analysis. Seemed a genuinely nice bloke.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The Reverend Skyblue

Just seen the terrible news, just really shocked and upset.
I read every one of his posts, even the mega long ones. He explained things so well that even I could understand the financial quagmire the club was usually in at the time.
I will miss his posts so much.

My Thoughts very much with Marks family

Last edited:

Fergusons_Beard

Really very sad news.

Thoughts to his family and friends.

One of the few genuine experts on here who’s brilliant analysis of CCFC accounts during the dark days was a delight. Had much time for folks who just didn’t understand the finances (like me!) and explained it all in lay persons terms.

His memories of the Skyblues in the early years also a particular highlight.

He will be greatly missed on here.

Pusb osb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 Generations

Terribly sad news. An informed, intelligent and obviously considered man who managed to simplify some of our more challenging Financial periods. Thus making things a little easier to understand. RIP Sir

duffer

I'm so sorry to read this. I never met Mark in person, but you always knew that an OSB58 post would be calm, well-reasoned, and pretty much impossible to pull apart!

We probably differed on a few things, but it was always done with such grace that it was impossible to take offence. Plus he was probably right anyway. 🙂

I'll really miss him and that ability he had to somehow rise above all of the petty niggles without ever appearing arrogant or dismissive.

An outstandingly intelligent man, and more importantly I think, a true gentleman. I think we're all going to miss him.

Kneeza

Oh no. I've only just spotted this. What a terrible shame. A lovely chap, and his daughter is partner to one of the longest serving CRFC players of recent years (recently moved on to Moseley though).
My condolences to her and all the family.
Rest peacefully fella.

Pete in Portugal

I'm sorry to hear this sad news. I valued his posts interpreting the club's accounts, in which he provided a great deal of clarity.

Condolences to all his family and friends. He will be missed by many on this forum.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread