RIP OldSkyBlue58 (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Very sad to hear of any passing Sky Blue. Was always ready to delve into those shady corners and throw light on the really important matters. RIP.

Saddlebrains

Ah thats awful news

He was always on hand to explain the accounts and answer financial questions we all had regarding the club, we will all miss having that im sure. Condolences to his friends and family

We may all bicker on here but we all come together over a shared love, makes us one big sky blue family in my eyes

Danceswithhorses

Such awful news.
I'm actually quite emotional as I'm typing this, even though i was never lucky enough to meet the guy.
He came across as an intelligent and always impartial chap, who translated the gobbledygook, and many of us came to rely on him for this unbiased CCFC financial information.
As echoed by others, he will be sorely missed on this forum, where he was a top notch poster.
Adios amigo.

CCFCSteve

Such sad news. I never met him in person but to echo many of the comments on here, that he came across as a genuine, nice guy and his financial posts were brilliantly written and extremely informative. He will be sadly missed. Condolences to his family and all that knew him

rob9872

RIP OSB. Didn't know him, but clearly a clever guy and a loss to the SBA.

Fly high PUSB

Frostie

Oh wow, what a shock that is.
Like everyone else, I really appreciated his posts on here & he came across as both very knowledgeable & likeable. Such sad news.

Condolences to his friends & family 🩵

Otis

Such awful news.
I'm actually quite emotional as I'm typing this, even though i was never lucky enough to meet the guy.
He came across as an intelligent and always impartial chap, who translated the gobbledygook, and many of us came to rely on him for this unbiased CCFC financial information.
As echoed by others, he will be sorely missed on this forum, where he was a top notch poster.
Adios amigo.
Yes, have to confess I shed a tear or two when I heard the news.

Such a sad loss.

olderskyblue

Sad news. Like a few others, met him once and seemed a nice genuine guy. His financial knowledge has been so valuable on here. Great poster.

Legia Sky Blue

Very sad news. He helped a lot of us make some sense of the financial minefield of our football club, and was always measured in his opinions, contrary to many of the more sensationalist posts made by others on the same subject. What I particularly admired was while he would explain further when asked to he nevertheless didn't seem to get drawn into futile arguments with trolls. That said I think that may have been because he was uniquely respected by nearly everyone on here, even by the trolls. RIP OSB!

clint van damme

Rely sad news, I think he alluded a couple of times to health issues.
Echo what others have said about his great insight into the financial shenanigans of the club, essential reading for the likes of me who have no grasp of it.
Had the pleasure of meeting him briefly, RIP OldSkyBlue58.

AJB1983

That is a real shame. Like most always appreciated his posts about the financial shenanigans. A proper poster.

I believe he got up once and took Fisher to task at a fans forum? fair play.
hopefully there’s time to include him in the memorial thing at the reading game.

ceetee

I don't know any of you but there are some that you can't help warming to.
He was one of those. So sad to hear of his passing and thoughts are with those near and dear to him

torchomatic

Such sad news. A genuinely nice, intelligent member of the forum. RIP Mark.

You'll Never Beat McPake

Such a sad loss. Great poster and always clear in his analysis of financial matters. I, like many on hear, learned some of the accountancy jargon from him which before was complete gobbledegook. I always looked out for his posts and will miss not seeing them in the future. God Bless OldSkyBlue58. Let's hope your beloved Sky Blues can finally get back to the Premier league.

Ian1779

Such sad news. As others have previously said always a considered response on topics that you could understand and respect.

RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

CJ_covblaze

@CJ_covblaze can you ask the family what they’d prefer and we can set some kind of collection pot up?
I’ve asked those that know his family. I’m sure they’ll be something we can have a whip round for.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
That's very sad news to share CJ 😞 As others have said, to take so much time out to explain things he knew others didn't understand is a measure of the man. Condolences to family, RIP OSB.

Users who are viewing this thread