RIP Bob Willis (1 Viewer)

lord_garrincha

Can't say I noticed, but when he was absent from his usual duties for the NZ series Charles Colville was saying he was unwell and for him to get well soon... I assume he must have known the situation.

Really sad news, he was great for cricket on and off the field... RIP.

The Great Eastern

I was on holiday abroad when England won THAT test at Headingly in 1981 thanks to Bob taking 8 second innings wickets. The first I knew of the victory was in buying an English newspaper that was only available a day late (no internet in those days) Utterly astonished at what had happened given the small total the Australians had to make for the win. Not the only time Bob bowled magnificently for Warwickshire and England but certainly the day that everybody who was around then, will always remember.
RIP Bob

Kneeza

Must admit I have little interest in cricket nowadays, but followed it fairly closely back in Bob's day. Great character and bowler.
Rest easy Bob.

skyblueinBaku

I knew a bloke that played agaist Bob Willis in a charity cricket match. Bob's first delivery was dealt with easily, and the bloke I knew called down the pitch and asked Bob if that was the best he had to offer. He didn't even see the next delivery, just heard a whirring sound as the ball passed very close to his ear.

Users who are viewing this thread