Rioch calls out Higgs/PWKH (1 Viewer)

ICHAN

So you think that Gregor Rioch should keep his nose out despite him being one of the people directly affected, and you haven't even given him the grace of hearing what he has to say on the matter first?

Yes because he never said anything daming about sisu :whistle:

ajsccfc

Just read about offering a retraction too. It's madness and bewilderingly arrogant.

Here's a man who actually works at the place in question and wants to get on with his job, and yet he should stay out of it according to someone sitting on the internet in a tinfoil helmet conjuring up conspiracy theories.

If academy coach Gregor Rioch should keep his nose out of the issue of where the academy work, what the fuck is Rupert_Bear doing talking about it? (Note: If you're the Higgs Centre owner I will withdraw that. I'm sure you'll be eager to clarify for my benefit.)

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
on a temporary basis I would guess, would guess they need league approval as well. To get on going funding they will need something more permanent that meets the requirements set down for Category B...... or lose the status and become a centre of excellence

stupot07

matty the whole damn situation is a mess............ if it were you and me booking for a minor league sunday team it wouldnt be a problem for us and no great financial risk to AEH ........... but we are not talking 50 quid a week. If SISU will refund Rioch in full then why not say yes we agree terms presented and pay AEH direct. Just do not see what other info they can gain, other than future commitments

Over the years there have been so many smoke & mirrors so much spin ............ this I cant help feeling is more

It all raises questions too.... like....

Who owns the academy?
Does the Foorball League academy still exist?
Will the academy continue?
Will it be category B ?
Where is funding coming from?
Will it be downsized?
Do they expect to be at AEH next season?
Are their alternatives for a cat B facilities elsewhere?
How will all the clubs problems affect recruitment?
when will they all stop going round in circles ? :thinking about:

Is there a commitment to the academy after June?
etc ...............

We only submit a 1000 page EPPP audit 3 weeks ago (15 march) as part of our application to become a cat 2 academy. This suggests a commitment to the academy going forward.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/academy-category-audit-716649.aspx

hill83

Just read about offering a retraction too. It's madness and bewilderingly arrogant.

Here's a man who actually works at the place in question and wants to get on with his job, and yet he should stay out of it according to someone sitting on the internet in a tinfoil helmet conjuring up conspiracy theories.

If academy coach Gregor Rioch should keep his nose out of the issue of where the academy work, what the fuck is Rupert_Bear doing talking about it? (Note: If you're the Higgs Centre owner I will withdraw that. I'm sure you'll be eager to clarify for my benefit.)

attachment.php

Sub

tin_foil_hat.jpg
;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
J

Jack Griffin

It seems to me that the situation has arisen since the claim was made that CCFC Ltd is a non trading subsiduary.
All the contracts ACL have seem to be with that company.
It doesn't look like the club told ACL about the operational changes they were making, probably because they wanted to present a fait accompli.
The CSF is currently left with damaged equipment & a bad debtor, they can't ignore that situation.

Sadly Gregor Rioch & the academy are pawns in the games being played.

Otis

Hang on, are people saying that because the club have told Gregor Rioch they haven't had an invoice, they haven't had an invoice?

Or are people saying the invoice goes directly to Gregor Rioch? Would say the latter is very doubtful indeed.

The invoice you would have thought would have gone straight to the club. Just because Gregor Rioch has been told there is no invoice it doesn't mena the club haven't received it does it.

RoboCCFC90

Hang on, are people saying that because the club have told Gregor Rioch they haven't had an invoice, they haven't had an invoice?

Or are people saying the invoice goes directly to Gregor Rioch? Would say the latter is very doubtful indeed.

The invoice you would have thought would have gone straight to the club. Just because Gregor Rioch has been told there is no invoice it doesn't mena the club haven't received it does it.

Fair comment mate, but doesn't that work the other way also and PWKH could have said he had sent the invoice off, but yet never did? Who knows the truth?

J

Jack Griffin

Fair comment mate, but doesn't that work the other way also and PWKH could have said he had sent the invoice off, but yet never did? Who knows the truth?

You are ignoring a key point here.. the contract is with the company in administration, they have no money to pay. There has got to be a commercial agreement in place.

RoboCCFC90

You are ignoring a key point here.. the contract is with the company in administration, they have no money to pay. There has got to be a commercial agreement in place.

I am not ignoring it fella, I am just looking on the side of that CCFC have said that they haven't received an invoice, could this be because it was never sent, we only have one person's word against another's that's not proof how can you judge on something until its fact?

Regarding your comment GR said this morning that the contract had been paid, but the invoice is for the repairs of the equipment CCFC use.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Ermmmm... my point is who should invoice whom?

Someone has a quote, I 'm guessing CSF got one from Faros as they had broken equipment which they own that CCFC were supposed to keep in good repair, but failed to do so.

The implication being they were assesing the situation and identified this problem & hole in the finances they may get lumbered with.

RoboCCFC90

Someone has a quote, I 'm guessing CSF got one from Faros as they had broken equipment which they own that CCFC were supposed to keep in good repair, but failed to do so.

The implication being they were assesing the situation and identified this problem & hole in the finances they may get lumbered with.

Surely the Higgs should be invoicing CCFC??

mattylad

I am not ignoring it fella, I am just looking on the side of that CCFC have said that they haven't received an invoice, could this be because it was never sent, we only have one person's word against another's that's not proof how can you judge on something until its fact?

Regarding your comment GR said this morning that the contract had been paid, but the invoice is for the repairs of the equipment CCFC use.

Yes he said agreed rent for the period had been paid in advance as it always was however due to the bad weather they had booked some other space and that needed to be paid (2k) as well as equipment repair costs which always get paid this time of year as only now are they starting to use the grass pitches. (12k)

He also said that they would need to pay another 15/20k in rent for the next period and this also was not an issue.

RoboCCFC90

Yes he said agreed rent for the period had been paid in advance as it always was however due to the bad weather they had booked some other space and that needed to be paid (2k) as well as equipment repair costs which always get paid this time of year as only now are they starting to use the grass pitches. (12k)

He also said that they would need to pay another 15/20k in rent for the next period and this also was not an issue.

Thanks mate hadn't had a chance to listen to all of the interview :D

RoboCCFC90

Which company?

The one who can't pay with which they have a contract & liabilities or the one which is paying the players?

It is clear as mud..

If they invoice to the company that is not paying the players should this not be dealt with by the Adminstrator?

J

Jack Griffin

If they invoice to the company that is not paying the players should this not be dealt with by the Adminstrator?

They can try that but the administator will not pay, he has no income & all the tangible assets of the company are owned by avro.

rupert_bear

Invoive, no invoice what's that all about. This has all arisen because a bill hasn't been paid again. AND the money should be there due to an FA grant, where is that money ?

RoboCCFC90

They can try that but the administator will not pay, he has no income & all the tangible assets of the company are owned by avro.

Surely the Administrator would have acknowledged this beforehand though if they would have received an invoice?

Pete in Portugal

Yes, but an invoice being 'dealt with' by the Administrator means it goes into the pile of invoices that will almost certainly end up being unpaid. Or at best, paid at a rate of a few pence in the £. If that is correct, then it would explain, (and in my view, justify), the actions of the Alan Higgs Centre charity.

It's very unfortunate that this has impacted on the Academy. I think these kind of situations were bound to arise, once SISU/Arvo placed CCFC Ltd., (which I am assuming is the part of the company that owns the FL golden share), into administration.

Best business practice suggests that these kind of issues should be anticipated in advance and then managed in order to minimise their impact. I've yet to see signs of this happening following the administration of CCFC Ltd. Even if this is taking place 'behind the scenes', it doesn't appear to be working.

Spencer

If that's correct, and Higgs are trying to be paid a bill due to ccfc limited, that is making them a preferred creditor and against the law.

I'm sure the Higgs wouldn't do that.

J

Jack Griffin

If that's correct, and Higgs are trying to be paid a bill due to ccfc limited, that is making them a preferred creditor and against the law.

I'm sure the Higgs wouldn't do that.

Which law is this? It seems remarkably similar to the rent situation where a 'temporary' arrangement was made. Can't see what is illegal about getting a quote to repair equipment you actually own.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think what the Charity would do is register their claim with the administrator ....... but if alternative arrangements made withdraw that claim. They would not seek to claim twice

Thorny Subject

You have to pay your bills, why can't people see that i wonder how you run your homes frankly, because we haven't paid our bills has led us to having 10 points less than we should have and not knocking the play-off door. This isn't a suck up to PKWH , don't fucking know the bloke or really interested in him. It is just we are seemingly going down the same road as the Ricoh rent issue yet the money is there from the FA

How on earth would you genuinely believe that the £400 odd thousand paid by the FA for the academy has been spent on the academy?. This is a club that has even mortgaged off our training ground and has allegedly already used next seasons projected season ticket sales in its financial dealings. Once the academy money had come through from the FA SISU would have been like a fat kid in a sweet shop spending it on other areas to prop up.

mattylad

There is nothing to stop a different party agreeing to pay the debts owed by a company in administration where the new company wish to continue trading with that particular supplier. It happens all the time where management buyouts are concerned.

As I said on yesterdays post The Higgs Trust are completely in its rights to say no I am not trading with the new company until all debts are paid and that would be fair enough. But now we find out the other party is agreeing to pay those costs and still they wont trade with the new company until it has agreed to other agreements. Again that is the Higgs choice but don't then come bleating on here about the evil CCFC because it was they who chose not to take the cash that was put on the table.

stupot07

How on earth would you genuinely believe that the £400 odd thousand paid by the FA for the academy has been spent on the academy?. This is a club that has even mortgaged off our training ground and has allegedly already used next seasons projected season ticket sales in its financial dealings. Once the academy money had come through from the FA SISU would have been like a fat kid in a sweet shop spending it on other areas to prop up.

A category 2 academy is estimated to cost £969k. The academy has just completed a 1000 page audit for its application, I assume there would be a section on costings.

http://www.footballacademytalk.com/...he-new-fa-elite-player-performance-plan-eppp/

Last edited:

Pete in Portugal

There is nothing to stop a different party agreeing to pay the debts owed by a company in administration where the new company wish to continue trading with that particular supplier. It happens all the time where management buyouts are concerned.

As I said on yesterdays post The Higgs Trust are completely in its rights to say no I am not trading with the new company until all debts are paid and that would be fair enough. But now we find out the other party is agreeing to pay those costs and still they wont trade with the new company until it has agreed to other agreements. Again that is the Higgs choice but don't then come bleating on here about the evil CCFC because it was they who chose not to take the cash that was put on the table.

It would also be fair enough if The Higgs Trust had concluded that they did not wish to trade with the 'new company' under almost any circumstances, because they might have been given cause to question their commercial credibility as a trustworthy trading partner.

Does anyone else think it extremely odd that the Chief Executive of CCFC(Holdings) Ltd. has bee conspicuous by his absence over the past couple of weeks? I can't help wondering whether he is still responsible for the day to day running the business? Maybe someone else is fulfilling this role? It's all rather strange. :thinking about::thinking about:

lordsummerisle

It would also be fair enough if The Higgs Trust had concluded that they did not wish to trade with the 'new company' under almost any circumstances, because they might have been given cause to question their commercial credibility as a trustworthy trading partner.

:thinking about::thinking about:

If that's the case, why not say so, rather than bang on about not being paid which doesn't appear to be the case in this instance?

If it's up-front, as apparently it always has been then fail to see what the problem is.

Has an invoice been sent at all? I know I'd want a breakdown of £12,000 "damages to equipment" if somebody asked for it.

Right i am getting sick these so called business men acting like five year olds pwkh and sisu should sort this out in private the lot of you are a disgrace to this football club yes that does include you pwkh or wotever your name is!!! Sick and tired off this now making my football club look stupid well ACL,SISU,HIGGS CHARITY ALL OF YOU DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND GET OUT OFF COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB IM SIICK AND TIRED OFF THE LOT OFF YOU!!!!!!!

RoboCCFC90

Right i am getting sick these so called business men acting like five year olds pwkh and sisu should sort this out in private the lot of you are a disgrace to this football club yes that does include you pwkh or wotever your name is!!! Sick and tired off this now making my football club look stupid well ACL,SISU,HIGGS CHARITY ALL OF YOU DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND GET OUT OFF COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB IM SIICK AND TIRED OFF THE LOT OFF YOU!!!!!!!

Well said that man..

ccfctommy

Nigel, is that you!?

Users who are viewing this thread