Ridiculously excited (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Can’t take a season of this. Getting briefly excited towards the end or after a good run is one thing. The nerves and excitement every game from about game three onwards is too much. At least in the L1 promotion season it was cut short. My heart will be fucked by May at this rate.
We were out in Padstow on Friday night having a meal following the game on an app. 3 goals in about 6 mins was just madness. Can’t imagine the noise as the third went in.
Don’t want the feeling to stop

The Philosopher

I’m ridiculously excited about every match except the next one; my Mrs is a massive Luton fan (she’s from Bedfordshire originally). I don’t mean a bit of “looks out for the results and can name 3 players” fan, she’s as geeky about LTFC as half of us are CCFC on here.

So, if we win - it’ll be unbearable - if we lose it’ll be torture.

Terry_dactyl

I’m ridiculously excited about every match except the next one; my Mrs is a massive Luton fan (she’s from Bedfordshire originally). I don’t mean a bit of “looks out for the results and can name 3 players” fan, she’s as geeky about LTFC as half of us are CCFC on here.

I have a similar thing with Mrs Dactyl and her season ticket holding, Cardiff supporting ways. My advice is to talk about this game as being a ‘free hit’ and say things like “this is one where I don’t really mind the result” or “it’s a good job it’s not a crucial game. We can just appreciate the match”.
Then after the game come on here and gloat like a fucking good un and tell us all how much you fucking hate Luton/Cardiff and everything they stand for.
Its cathartic.

CanadianCCFC

I have a similar thing with Mrs Dactyl and her season ticket holding, Cardiff supporting ways. My advice is to talk about this game as being a ‘free hit’ and say things like “this is one where I don’t really mind the result” or “it’s a good job it’s not a crucial game. We can just appreciate the match”.
Then after the game come on here and gloat like a fucking good un and tell us all how much you fucking hate Luton/Cardiff and everything they stand for.
Its cathartic.
That turned quickly

Sbarcher

Simple solution - winner goes on top!

Barnsley

You’ve got the best bit to come yet, due to watching the games, and seeing your young players develop, throughout last season adapting to football at an higher level, following on from a sustained successful promotion push, you already know this is likely to be a sustained attempt at a top 6 spot because you know your team better than most, But to most fans out there at the moment they’ll be seeing it as a flash in the pan, no different to Readings start and finish last season. You’ll be reading and hearing comments such as it’s nice to see a lower budget club sticking it to the cheating overspending clubs, and the premier league failure payment teams, I wish them luck.

But they’re only saying this because they’re expecting you to drop away, the fun starts when you start reading and hearing, “they’ll get hammered every week in the premier league” “if these go up Derby’s record could be in danger” “I hope for their fans sake they spend if they go up” “They’ll be an embarrassment in the premier league these” and such like. That’s when you know half the league is jealous of little old Coventry, and trust me it’ll make you feel fantastic.

Bugsy

You’ve got the best bit to come yet, due to watching the games, and seeing your young players develop, throughout last season adapting to football at an higher level, following on from a sustained successful promotion push, you already know this is likely to be a sustained attempt at a top 6 spot because you know your team better than most, But to most fans out there at the moment they’ll be seeing it as a flash in the pan, no different to Readings start and finish last season. You’ll be reading and hearing comments such as it’s nice to see a lower budget club sticking it to the cheating overspending clubs, and the premier league failure payment teams, I wish them luck.

But they’re only saying this because they’re expecting you to drop away, the fun starts when you start reading and hearing, “they’ll get hammered every week in the premier league” “if these go up Derby’s record could be in danger” “I hope for their fans sake they spend if they go up” “They’ll be an embarrassment in the premier league these” and such like. That’s when you know half the league is jealous of little old Coventry, and trust me it’ll make you feel fantastic.

Love that... PUSB

Frostie

Agree with all that except the Reading bit, their data showed their run was never sustainable.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its cathartic.

Unless the Anglo-Scottish Cup is revived and we draw Aberdeen I think I'm safe

Torquay Sky Blue

At least none of those thoughts were aimed at Barnsley from anyone on here last season...hey 😉

rob9872

View attachment 22015I’m definitely excited - first match since December 2019 (rapidly followed by a second on Saturday). iFollow has been brilliant but can’t beat this feeling.
Are you sorted for coming back to Cov yet mate?

rob9872

No worries. If anything changes I can get you back as far as Warwick, just DM me, Not ideal I know, but daughter will already be up late on a school night so don't want to do detours and get back even later or wifey won't be happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread