I do not eat, but I swim and stretch.
I do not drink, but I sleep and stand.
I do not think, but I grow and play.
I do not see, but you see me every day.

What am i ??

Cobi Jones's Dreads

A leg??????

skyblueprincess

Momma's Boy is going to college, and doesn't have a car. The local bus fare is 70 cents, but with discount tokens, it's only 50 cents. Momma, ever thoughtful, knows that he will need to be able to go back and forth to the grocery store, so she buys ten tokens for her son.

Assume that her boy would have paid the full fare. How much money has Momma saved Momma's Boy?

rob9872

I make it 2 dollars.

She bought ten discount tokens not ten tickets.

Each token saved momma's boy 20 cents. 10 x 20 cents = 2 dollars.

The over-all saving is $2 but it says "assume that her boy would have paid the full fare" so as she bought the tokens she has saved him $7

rob9872

He paid nothing. Momma bought him ten tokens for $5 he would have spent $7 but has now spent $0

Sky Blue Sheepy

A farmer in California owns a beautiful pear tree. He supplies the fruit to a nearby grocery store. The store owner has called the farmer to see how much fruit is available for him to purchase. The farmer knows that the main trunk has 24 branches. Each branch has exactly 12 boughs and each bough has exactly 6 twigs. Since each twig bears one piece of fruit, how many plums will the farmer be able to deliver?

Marty

somewhere in the region of 0 and 1728 pears, 0 plums. :thinking about:

Marty

A farmer in California owns a beautiful pear tree. He supplies the fruit to a nearby grocery store. The store owner has called the farmer to see how much fruit is available for him to purchase. The farmer knows that the main trunk has 24 branches. Each branch has exactly 12 boughs and each bough has exactly 6 twigs. Since each twig bears one piece of fruit, how many plums will the farmer be able to deliver?

so whats the answer??

Users who are viewing this thread