Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Otis

Where are the fans saying wasps had no choice to move and what are they saying now ccfc have no choice? They are backing it fully I guess?
I do remember a lot of Wasps fans saying they weren't happy with the move up here when it was announced.

Nick

Administrator
I do remember a lot of Wasps fans saying they weren't happy with the move up here when it was announced.
I mean our fans who said they had no choice so it was do that or go bust.

Look where we are now, are those fans saying the same?

Otis

I mean our fans who said they had no choice so it was do that or go bust.

Look where we are now, are those fans saying the same?
Me and you both know, so many fans are fickle.

I am still trying to get my head around City fans buying ST's for Wasps games.

Nick

Administrator
Why would a lower rent from ccfc to ACL be state aid?

All those accounts are trying to do is confuse and mislead to get people worked up.

chiefdave

Have you ever read anything as illogical as this?
I had to check that wasn't a parody account. What an idiot.
Why would a lower rent from ccfc to ACL be state aid?
His thinking seems to be that selling ACL with a 250 year lease to Wasps at £6.3m (£25K a year if you choose to look at it that way) is definitely not state aid but charging CCFC less than £1.3m for 23 days a year would be state aid. Truly bizarre. It would be incredibly difficult to prove a lower rate was not market value given what we know about other clubs rent.
Has anyone highlighted that he seems to know an awful lot about the deal for a Chris W that wasn’t fully involved in it?
Definitely not the same person of course. If you suggest that its tin foil hat time.

chiefdave

Really? I can recall many people, myself included, saying they would happily join Wasps protests but none materialise. Can't remember them holding marches similar to the two we held or protesters outside the ground at every game.

Not to say 100% of the fanbase was happy but they didn't exactly come across as up in arms.

Nick

Administrator
I had to check that wasn't a parody account. What an idiot.

His thinking seems to be that selling ACL with a 250 year lease to Wasps at £6.3m (£25K a year if you choose to look at it that way) is definitely not state aid but charging CCFC less than £1.3m for 23 days a year would be state aid. Truly bizarre. It would be incredibly difficult to prove a lower rate was not market value given what we know about other clubs rent.

Definitely not the same person of course. If you suggest that its tin foil hat time.

Why would a deal between ACL and CCFC be state aid anyway even if the rent was free?

chiefdave

Why would a deal between ACL and CCFC be state aid anyway even if the rent was free?
I would guess it could become state aid if the lower rent meant ACL had to be bailed out by CCC. However you could easily argue that wasn't down to the rent and down to other aspects of the business.

The biggest issue is someone would have to instigate the action. If CCC had said rent was £1 a year who would have taken legal action to claim it was state aid?

Nick

Administrator
I would guess it could become state aid if the lower rent meant ACL had to be bailed out by CCC. However you could easily argue that wasn't down to the rent and down to other aspects of the business.

The biggest issue is someone would have to instigate the action. If CCC had said rent was £1 a year who would have taken legal action to claim it was state aid?

That would still not be state aid to CCFC though.

Users who are viewing this thread