Ricoh sponsorship (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Is it a case of JLR tightening the purse strings as they have pulled out of buying Silverstone and the Ricoh deal seems to be taking a while.

I think the deal that Ricoh had been paying was the highest anybody will ever pay for the naming rights they are not as valuable this time round.
The deal for the Ricoh was only ever mentioned in here, hasn't it? Who knows if it ever existed or has even been discussed.

clint van damme

I suspect that Wasps are looking to pay off a big part of their debt with the naming rights and I hope they feel that Coventry City can be an asset in this case.
Can you imagine what a premiership football team would do for the profile of the sponsor should we be lucky enough to go on that journey?
Wasps are one of the best known brands in world rugby but that would pale in to insignificance if CCFC were successful and I hope that Wasps are smart enough to know that. A locally based brand such as JLR would know that too and even if their loyalty is to the oval ball they also would be aware that locally and globally a thriving Coventry City would have a far bigger reach that Wasps.
I know this optimistic in the extreme at the moment but I do hope that Wasps see the value in Coventry City( how I wish that was the other way round!!!)

You're right a premiership team at the Ricoh would be a massive asset but wasps will need to get their financial shit together long before we'll even look like troubling the premiership.

Users who are viewing this thread