Ricoh Return (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

That's a first
I like Simon - he’s a cautious journalist who ensures he has stories checked before releasing them and he was pretty good at being clear about the issues rather than parroting the mantra of get ccfc home Sisu that cwr started

shmmeee

If we return and stay up with the rent likely to be lower than 1.2 million - would SISu technically have us in a better place then when they found us?

Still a couple of questions for me about the stability of that situation.

Are we more or less stable as a Championship club than when they took us over? Debatable both ways.

Will the crowds be the same? Time will tell.

How secure are we in building a stadium and having a deal until that’s stable until then? Again time will tell.

Keep us up and get us into a new ground or in some way make the Ricoh equally beneficial and yeah I’d say so. It’s been a long old road with a lot of pain along the way to move slightly forwards though.

Sky Blue Pete

Are we more or less stable as a Championship club than when they took us over? Debatable both ways.

How secure are we in building a stadium and having a deal until that’s stable until then? Again time will tell.

Keep us up and get us into a new ground or in some way make the Ricoh equally beneficial and yeah I’d say so. It’s been a long old road with a lot of pain along the way to move slightly forwards though.
And some awful mistakes but not many in the last 4 years

Evo1883

8b0a9f0a9b7cab37e982a01848f3600d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I desire to be a millionaire and build my own empire... I've had that desire for a good 20 years... Hasn't happened won't happen

Grendel

If we return and stay up with the rent likely to be lower than 1.2 million - would SISu technically have us in a better place then when they found us?

I would not think so. The balance sheet is an insolvent business and set in a way that they can call all the shots even I assume in another administration

There is also the issue of 13 years decline and lost revenue due to incompetent leadership. The real worry is that they are showing zero signs of departing either.

No doubt another 4 year deal looms and it’s rinse and repeat in 4 years time

Frankly if they have funds for the stadium they way as well make an offer the the one already in Coventry - it won’t cost any more - almost certainly a lot less

Samo

I would not think so. The balance sheet is an insolvent business and set in a way that they can call all the shots even I assume in another administration

There is also the issue of 13 years decline and lost revenue due to incompetent leadership. The real worry is that they are showing zero signs of departing either.

Frankly if they have funds for the stadium they way as well make an offer the the one already in Coventry - it won’t cost any more - almost certainly a lot less

Would CCC allow that?

Grendel

Would CCC allow that?

I don’t see how you could stop it - purchase of shares in a private limited company

Lord_Nampil

Accounts due this week aren’t they.... statement about going concern probably needed, or new to Ricoh agreement signed

clint van damme

I want to buy the club, but not if they're renting from Blues. ONLY if they are renting from a rugby club from London. Until.that happens, there's no deal. what a sack of shit.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

absolutely no two ways about it. we're a more attractive proposition for a perspective buyer when we're based in Cov, even if we're renting from that mob.
I don't like it anymore than you but it's mad to suggest otherwise.

clint van damme

Seeing actual fans on Twitter not wanting us playing back in Coventry at the Ricoh looool, we’re Coventry not Birmingham

we won't be anything if we don't get back to Cov.
It's our best chance of a future. I've said it many times, don't like the Ricoh and hate wasps but the clubs survival and ability to grow and develop depends on it.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I more hopeful that they’d look to sell, given a return to the Ricoh and possible championship football. Would this be at the top of the cycle?

AOM

I had a dream we were back at the ricoh, the match day experience had improved with Wasps giving us more options in the concourse and it had more CCFC signage around but when I went up the steps someone was in my seat.

It’s 100% happening based on this dream alone.

Haha completely forgot we were only ever given access to Twirl bars and Heineken that had been sat out for ages at the Ricoh.

Hopefully can use them all and get an actual decent pint if we're to go back

Sky Blue Pete

It’s not for sale

Grendel

Of all the things we could argue about on here I don't think we need to waste our time on what would happen if Sepalla offered £100m for the Ricoh!

They would say no to a billion according to Pete

Users who are viewing this thread