Ricoh Return (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCharlie9

A fellow Cov work colleague here down south, who has as source close to the club, just mentioned a 5 year return deal. He is a really nice down to earth chap, and wouldn't make stuff up. To me it at least gives a bit of hope that there is some rumbling. Could go tits up any second though with personalities involved! I am not an attention seeking twat, before anyone jumps in 🤣

mark82

A fellow Cov work colleague here down south, who has as source close to the club, just mentioned a 5 year return deal. He is a really nice down to earth chap, and wouldn't make stuff up. To me it at least gives a bit of hope that there is some rumbling. Could go tits up any second though with personalities involved! I am not an attention seeking twat, before anyone jumps in 🤣

I don't think people make stuff up, people hear things and they then become a bit like Chinese whispers where things get slightly misinterpreted.

Let's put it this way, there won't be a huge gap between the deal being made official and it being announced.

chiefdave

Just passed the Ricoh on my way to Tile Hill for work. It looks so lifeless. So sad to see.
It really does need some TLC. Shame they haven't used the past 12 months to get things back up to a decent standard. Could probably even get the council to pay for it and say its for City of Culture of the Commonwealth Games.

Reactions: AOM

fernandopartridge

It looked lifeless on match days too

Agree on that. It probably doesn't help that the side next to the A444 with the hall is a bit like a back entrance, the most populated stand is on the other side. It's a really quite cheap and awkward design, it has no natural frontage (typical Coventry really)

Liquid Gold

I don't understand why we don't buy half of the lease and be done with it. They have their parking, food and beverages, we have ours. Split the concerts down the middle and costs of pitch and stadium maintenance. Everyone's a winner and no bursting into Hot Chocolate songs thank you.
There are £35m in bonds attached to it. You either pay them out for half of that, but £17.5m is a bit over the odds for half of something that cost £5m, or you end up- providing security for it when they don't seem to be able to pay them back. Neither are a very good option.

fernandopartridge

There are £35m in bonds attached to it. You either pay them out for half of that, but £17.5m is a bit over the odds for half of something that cost £5m, or you end up- providing security for it when they don't seem to be able to pay them back. Neither are a very good option.
You could just establish a secondary syvlluv lease couldn't you? It doesn't need to be a share of the existing deal.

Iirc, the bondholders' path to getting hold of the lease in the event of a default isn't particularly clear. I think one of Derek Richardson's companies effectively is in front of them.

shmmeee

Wasnt there a rumour last time Joy had asked for 50% and got told no and that’s why she pulled the plug?

I may have entirely made this up.

Liquid Gold

I think the stadium itself has always looked half finished. A lot of the new stadiums at least have the cladding stuff all the way round which is better, the ricoh just has that cheap fake brick thing up to a a couple of meters then the exposed stadium skeleton, looks shit.

Sky Blue Pete

You could just establish a secondary syvlluv lease couldn't you? It doesn't need to be a share of the existing deal.

Iirc, the bondholders' path to getting hold of the lease in the event of a default isn't particularly clear. I think one of Derek Richardson's companies effectively is in front of them.
Pretty sure it broke down because Sisu promised no further action having already made the Eu complaint. This should not be a problem this time. Not to say there won’t be others but I’m hopeful

Travs

I often run round past the Ricoh, and to be honest it looks like a stadium that has seen better days, and definitely not a "new" stadium. Ok i understand it is something like 15 years old now, but it certainly hasn't aged well in that time.

Old Warwickshire lad

I often run round past the Ricoh, and to be honest it looks like a stadium that has seen better days, and definitely not a "new" stadium. Ok i understand it is something like 15 years old now, but it certainly hasn't aged well in that time.
If you just left your house for 15 years or so without any maintenance , it wouldn’t look to good either.

Evo1883

Berkeswell and Balsall Common, how the other half live ;)

I worked up at the long shoot in Nuneaton today, some of those houses

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

If CCFC came into some money (new owners) and gained ownership of the Arena, it'd look a lot better if all of the metalwork was painted sky blue. Also, the cladding on the inside which is currently white would look better navy imho.

Users who are viewing this thread