Ricoh Return (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Something is afoot

The telegraph love to bang an article like Turners out when they hear murmurings and can then seem like they're 'in the know'

BornSlippySkyBlue

Yeah, the HR game was back in the 60’s! Sorry, I didn’t see the 8 year thing, but I did think that little fact was quite interesting... and somewhat depressing
Happy to report I wasn’t in existence for the first one (62 was it?) but the fact I was around at all in that decade is depressing enough :eek:

fernandopartridge

On a separate but related note, with the safety problems at St Andrews meaning stands are closed, could the club argue that Blues are in breach of contract (even if the games are BCD) and claim some relief from whatever the rent payment is

nmp2327

Surely it is now or never, gates will absolutely sugre next season as crowds return. At the Ricoh surely we could get 12k to 15k season ticket holders. Hopefully Sisu and Wasps can get this sorted and see the return of crowds as a golden opportunity not to be missed, neither will ever be forgiven for many things, get this one wrong and it really is goodbye from many to both owners

Greggs

Hopefully we'll be able to get back the seats we had before the Blues move. Not to keen on where i sat at St Andrews

cc84cov

Surely it is now or never, gates will absolutely sugre next season as crowds return. At the Ricoh surely we could get 12k to 15k season ticket holders. Hopefully Sisu and Wasps can get this sorted and see the return of crowds as a golden opportunity not to be missed, neither will ever be forgiven for many things, get this one wrong and it really is goodbye from many to both owners
Yep can only see big crowds if we did manage to stay up makes sense for the parties involved to get it done

mark82

On a separate but related note, with the safety problems at St Andrews meaning stands are closed, could the club argue that Blues are in breach of contract (even if the games are BCD) and claim some relief from whatever the rent payment is

There's a break clause at the end of each season I believe.

Legia Sky Blue

Not sure we have ever sold that many season tickets. I'm guessing that 67/68, 87/88 and our first season in the Ricoh would be our biggest season ticket selling seasons, but we have never been a club that shifts large numbers of season tickets. Clubs traditionally of similar size even if they are bigger now, like Leicester, Southampton and Norwich have always had higher season ticket sales than us even when our crowds were similar to theirs.

Liquid Gold

Think everywhere will see big attendances next year. Everyone’s going to be itching to get out the house as much as possible.

If we can get back and no restrictions and stay up, I think we’ll see 15k+ easy.
15k+ would be poor imo. We puled in 16.5k in the Mowbray season against Burton. If we can't pull in 20k plus pretty much every game with the large away following championship clubs have, the fact that nobody has been able to go for 18 months by the time it kicks off, being out of the city before and finally being back in the championship then we have to accept the Ricoh is too big for us.

Last edited:

Old Warwickshire lad

Coventry city fans don’t buy season tickets. They just like to find an excuse not to.
Its to expensive,the grounds soulless, we don’t own the ground,it’s too far from the city centre, the seats are blue, the grass is green ,it’s too long , it’s too short.
Think of any excuse and if you can’t, make one up.
Fans who buy season tickets even get shit off some ,being accused of doing it to get games on the cheap.
Norwich can sell 20,000 we think it’s great if we sell 8,000 but we are a BIG club. Kin priceless.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Is the Memorial park an option? Or the Swanswell? Maybe Nauls Mill park? All a bit closer to home! ;)

matesx

Coventry city fans don’t buy season tickets. They just like to find an excuse not to.
Its to expensive,the grounds soulless, we don’t own the ground,it’s too far from the city centre, the seats are blue, the grass is green ,it’s too long , it’s too short.
Fans who buy season tickets even get shit off some ,being accused of doing it to get games on the cheap.
Norwich can sell 20,000 we think it’s great if we sell 8,000 but we are a BIG club. Kin priceless.

It’s the parking tho innit?

Colin Steins Smile

On the subject of season ticket sales. We have traditionally been weaker in the numbers sold, in comparison to clubs we consider a similar size to ourselves. I would hope we could sell at least 10k season tickets if we stay up.
One big issue for our supporters will be economic environment and how many of us will still have jobs to return to after furlough is rolled back.

Somerset Sky Blue

All I know is that Dave Boddy is regularly talking to his opposite number and we have always hoped we would be able to return
There have been false dawns before so I haven't got any concrete news at present
I've worked out the question on a different thread - does Dave Boddy post on here?
Yes he does, and he (cleverly) swapped his initials around to B D, who is always in the know!
😀👍✔️

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

PSB_group says he’ll buy one upon return. He’ll be front and central of any new excuse.

Nick

Administrator
Pretty sure this is something that has been put out by somebody for an agenda.

Some of the strange accounts on Twitter seem to be back as well.

Same happens every year.

Sky Blue Pete

Not sure if it has been mentioned already on here but Dave Boddy says in his programme notes that he will be providing an update regarding the new stadium and other matters in his Zoom call to the Supporters Group next week.......

Unfortunately the meeting is delayed hopefully only for a couple of weeks

chiefdave

Pretty sure this is something that has been put out by somebody for an agenda.

Some of the strange accounts on Twitter seem to be back as well.

Same happens every year.
When its just randoms you can put it down to the time of year but when the strange accounts start up you know strings are being pulled from one side or the other. As ever it will be a case of wait and see. Won't really believe it until I'm sat in my seat watching a game!

Users who are viewing this thread