Ricoh Return (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

apparently heard on good authority that we have signed a deal to go back in July....PUSB

p.s. don't shoot me down if its wrong lol

giphy.gif

clint van damme

A deal was agreed before he start of last season - “someone” pulled the plug at the very last minute

yeah, i don't think the people who have claimed to 'have heard from a good source' in the past are necessary lying or being lied to, I think the rug has been pulled from under proposed deals late in the proceedings, think it's happened more than once.

NorthernWisdom

yeah, i don't think the people who have claimed to 'have heard from a good source' in the past are necessary lying or being lied to, I think the rug has been pulled from under proposed deals late in the proceedings, think it's happened more than once.
The only person on the Coventry City side who will know when a deal has been confirmed, is Joy Seppala. It'll be up to her to tell everyone else to tell the world.

I was eleven in 87

Not sure if it has been mentioned already on here but Dave Boddy says in his programme notes that he will be providing an update regarding the new stadium and other matters in his Zoom call to the Supporters Group next week.......

NorthernWisdom

Not sure if it has been mentioned already on here but Dave Boddy says in his programme notes that he will be providing an update regarding the new stadium and other matters in his Zoom call to the Supporters Group next week.......

Talks going well, plans being finalised, all very encouraging.

Deity

Despite the nonsense around the Warwick stadium plan this had to plan A.

sisu are a hedge fund, they have to sell the asset on at some point. They destroyed value in their first few years and are slowly building it back up.

chanpionship football is loss making, there is no way that SISU were going to invest £15-20m in astadium however small. Their investors wouldn’t fund it.

if they sign a new long term rental and we manage to scrape our way to safety don’t be surprised to see them look for an exit in the next 12-18 months.

To facilitate that they should have helped Robins more in the January window.
I think they thought he had enough to stay up already ....

Adge

Bit odd-he said on the radio a couple of weeks ago that he doesn’t really have anything to do with it. 🤔

Grendel

Yes and not for the reasons publicly quoted either in the last instance

mark82

I was advised from someone who has some contacts that the obstacles were overcome and a deal was agreed but ended when one party at the very least minute said no

Fair enough, don't doubt that. From conversations myself & Pete had back in September there were certainly still some obstacles around the legal process (although the use of the word indemnity is probably a slight red herring/mis-reporting). These were not exclusively conversations on the CCFC side. Think it's probably been overcome now but would still say no-one should be excited until it's signed, sealed, delivered and announced.

Otis

All I know is that Dave Boddy is regularly talking to his opposite number and we have always hoped we would be able to return
There have been false dawns before so I haven't got any concrete news at present
Yup. If it was concrete news, I would be expecting you to be discussing the first brick laid at Warwick uni.

🙄

Grendel

Fair enough, don't doubt that. From conversations myself & Pete had back in September there were certainly still some obstacles around the legal process (although the use of the word indemnity is probably a slight red herring/mis-reporting). These were not exclusively conversations on the CCFC side. Think it's probably been overcome now but would still say no-one should be excited until it's signed, sealed, delivered and announced.

I was also told by someone who works in another premier league Rugby Club that Richardson actually wanted the club back as it was in his view damaging and also just not right to have the situation as it was

mark82

I was also told by someone who works in another premier league Rugby Club that Richardson actually wanted the club back as it was in his view damaging and also just not right to have the situation as it was

Yeah, it's not great PR for them. Don't think the situation is particularly helpful to either side. From my experience both sides at least seem to be genuine in their desire to sort something out. They obviously have their differences, I'm hopeful it won't be a false dawn again this year but until it's done I always worry something could go wrong on either side.

skybluelee

I think they were talking the last 4 home games v Brentford being at 4 different grounds which would include Highfield Road albeit many years ago I reckon as far back as 1962ish.
Was it not all games, as in the last two at Brentford have been at different stadiums plus St Andrews and Ricoh?

BornSlippySkyBlue

Was it not all games, as in the last two at Brentford have been at different stadiums plus St Andrews and Ricoh?
Yeah, think it was “the last four home games involving these 2 clubs have been played at four different grounds”, Ricoh, St. Andrews, Griffin Park, and their new community thingymabob.

AOM

Can’t wait for all the screaming and shouting of “ it’s not fair “, when they announce the 3,500 members from this season get first dibs on the season tickets.
Followed by the screams of anguish when they announce, season ticket holders from the year before go next.
Then they go on general sale and all the people moanin, don’t buy one anyway.

First season ticket dibs on those who can prove they've managed to find their own name on the back of the special edition shirt

kg82

Yeah, think it was “the last four home games involving these 2 clubs have been played at four different grounds”, Ricoh, St. Andrews, Griffin Park, and their new community thingymabob.
That’s probably true as well, but the one I read was our last 4 home games with them have all been played at a different stadium - St Andrews, The Ricoh, Sixfields and HR.

SeaSeeEffCee

Given the owners history it wouldn’t surprise me if us not going back last season was a ‘calculated’ decision to try and put financial pressure on Wasps in a time they knew fans were unlikely to be able to attend for the majority of the season anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread