Ricoh Return (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

I haven't once claimed i'm some higher power who knows all the goings on with CCFC. just thought i would share some positive news I've heard from someone who works withing Ricoh. i haven't made or claim anything like the ground issues or buying and selling of players or anything like this before. im not attention seeking or making shit up, just for the record.

Covkid1968#

Im not going to believe it until I see a man up a very long ladder polishing the club crest at the Ricoh. Really hope it’s true....🤞🤞🤞

Covkid1968#

I haven't once claimed i'm some higher power who knows all the goings on with CCFC. just thought i would share some positive news I've heard from someone who works withing Ricoh. i haven't made or claim anything like the ground issues or buying and selling of players or anything like this before. im not attention seeking or making shit up, just for the record.
Yeah... let’s not shoot the messenger. Let’s just accept that it’s unconfirmed info being passed on and there may or may not be anything in it...

Colin Steins Smile

Is it ? One of big issues from us leaving the EU is returning to UK law and courts who have threw out the sisu claim right up to the highest court in the land. Even IF the EU come out in favour of the sisu claim and ccc tell them to do one what could they do about it. In my opinion that claim is a dead duck.
You might be right, but there are numerous presidents under international law, which our government has signed up to adhere to under the Brexit agreement.

Skybluefaz

You might be right, but there are numerous presidents under international law, which our government has signed up to adhere to under the Brexit agreement.

giphy.gif

chiefdave

But But But What about our new stadium at Warwick University?
Know you're joking but even if you were 100% certain a new ground at Warwick Uni was going to happen you'd be looking at it being 5 years before a game could be played there, and thats being optimistic.

Get back to the Ricoh, as lets face it theres no viable alternative, on a 5 or 10 year rolling deal so we're not locked in forever and then Fisher and Sepalla can bang on about building a new stadium as much as they want and we can happily ignore them.

Londonccfcfan

What your saying is common sense and feasible.

Make a sense for everyone as long as Wasps arnt taking our knickers down.

shepardo01

After Better Day's comments i'm inclined to believe that we'll be returning to the London Franchise's ground.
Yes, this! Better days dropped a little comment in last week didn't he.
Haven't heard anything myself, but haven't pressed anyone that might know...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It was crazy when they mentioned this the 4th different ground Brentford have played us in their last 4 away games against us. In last 8 years.

Considering one of the grounds mentioned was HR, I don't think it's in the last eight years.

Maybe in the last 8 seasons that they've been in the same division as us?

Magwitch

That’s quite impressive given we’ve only played at 3 “home” grounds in that period.
I think they were talking the last 4 home games v Brentford being at 4 different grounds which would include Highfield Road albeit many years ago I reckon as far back as 1962ish.

Grendel

I believe we will all owe @Sky Blue Pete and @mark82 a big thank you too for getting Joy and Derek talking last year, before the pandemic started, when there previously was no direct dialogue between them.

A deal was agreed before he start of last season - “someone” pulled the plug at the very last minute

edgy

Just thinking ahead to the summer and IF we return to the RICOH in early summer.

How about an exhibition match against decent opposition or ex city XI. Invite the League 1 winning squad, parade the trophy etc etc. Sell as many tickets as we're allowed. Add in some incentives on season tickets etc. Could be a good occasion and a money spinner.

Sick Boy

Just thinking ahead to the summer and IF we return to the RICOH in early summer.

How about an exhibition match against decent opposition or ex city XI. Invite the League 1 winning squad, parade the trophy etc etc. Sell as many tickets as we're allowed. Add in some incentives on season tickets etc. Could be a good occasion and a money spinner.
When was the last time we were able to even hold a pre-season friendly there?

mark82

A deal was agreed before he start of last season - “someone” pulled the plug at the very last minute

Not quite true, the commercial terms were agreed last year. Was quite widely reported what the issue was last year. Hopefully they've moved past that now.

mark82

These rumours surface and do the rounds every year around season ticket release. Is it a coincidence or am I a cynic?

Like previous years don't think they'll put season tickets on sale until after ground is confirmed, so in this instance (and particularly this year when they aren't trying to get fans to attend) I'd say cynic.

mark82

But But But What about our new stadium at Warwick University?

Not mutually exclusive, and suspect that when a deal is announced it will provide provisions for this. Whatever happens longer term, being back at the Ricoh should at the very least be a short term goal/necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread